2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Are those two countries deeply related? There are 2 YANG from each team 8|

Korea got the 1st set, to me it's a big surprise.

• Ting got injuried and it seems very serious, she was crying from what I saw :S

Edit : She looks fine, but I don't think she will play today.

• China can't give up Chunlei Zeng and Ting Zhu. The first one changed the match when she came in. The second missed few points and China looked lost.

KYK is finding her rythm very slowly. Never saw her in such a bad shape.

• KYK is finding her rythm very slowly. Never saw her in such a bad shape.

but today in this match Kim is the best player on korea site

• but today in this match Kim is the best player on korea site

OF course, but I'm saying she played at 30% of her real possibilities. She missed 3 kills in a row in the same rally. She always kills the first ball, but when opponent can save it, she doesn't forgive at the second one. I wonder about the whole team shape. Maybe they worked to find the best shape in the second part of the tournament. Who knows?

• 2015 World Cup - Day 4

Argentina 0 x 3 Russia (10 - 25, 10 - 25, 16 - 25)
    Best scorer: Pasynkova (RUS), 14 points
    Best player: Ilchenko (RUS)
    Video, Stats

USA 3 x 0 Peru (25 - 17, 25 - 15, 25 - 12)
    Best scorer: Dixon (USA), 14 points
    Best player: Dixon (USA)
    Video, Stats

Cuba 1 x 3 Dominican Republic (22 - 25, 22 - 25, 25 - 18, 23 - 25)
    Best scorer: Alvarez (CUB), 22 points
    Best player: Rivera (DOM)
    Video, Stats

Serbia 3 x 0 Algeria (25 - 7, 25 - 11, 25 - 3)
    Best scorer: Mihajlovic (SRB) and Stevanovic (SRB), 11 points
    Best player: Stevanovic (SRB)
    Video, Stats

China 3 x 1 Korea (23 - 25, 25 - 15, 25 - 20, 25 - 23)
    Best scorer: Kim (KOR), 27 points
    Best player: Zhang (CHN)
    Video, Stats

Japan 3 x 0 Kenya (25 - 15, 25 - 20, 25 - 12)
    Best scorer: Moim (KEN), 13 points
    Best player: Koga (JPN)
    Video, Stats

• the roster of present injured Chinese NT:
    S - Wei Qiu-yue
    OP - Yang Fang-xu
    OH - Zhu Ting and Hui Ruo-qi
    MB - Xu Yun-li and Liu Cong-cong
    L - Shan Dan-na
    They can be the main roster......

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I think the kenyan Mercy Moim deserve the possibility to play abroad in a better club, why no one is interested in her? If I'm not wrong some Algerian players play abroad (in France I think) but Moim, with good trainer and high level training could become a strong player. Some average level team should consider this, in my opinion.

EDIT: She plays in Finland :rolll:

• About Korea... I was wondering where did Kim Sa Nee (setter) and Han Song Yi (OH, if I'm not wrong) ended??? And also the lefty OPP! I lost their tracks after London!

• About Korea... I was wondering where did Kim Sa Nee (setter) and Han Song Yi (OH, if I'm not wrong) ended??? And also the lefty OPP! I lost their tracks after London!

Song-Yi Han got injured :wavy: who do You mean talking about lefty OP - both OPs from London are in NT :!: Hee-Jin Kim is now with no. 4, but as MB, Youn-Joo Hwang is also here (no. 6 now) :D I have no idea about Sa-Nee Kim, maybe she retired ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Best spiker rankings - Top 5 after 4 matches => http://worldcup.2015.women.fiv…on/results_and_statistics

1. Mihajlovic
    2. Kosheleva
    3. Zhu Ting
    4. Hill
    5. Obmochaeva

^No surprise there except maybe Hill? Also, Ombochaeva is listed as second best scorer (behind Kenya's Mercy Moim) and fifth best blocker overall.

I watched the reply of the USAxSRB match, and was really impressed by Serbia especially with their blocking! Serbia just has to win all its games for them to have a chance at qualifying.The only other team left that can pose a challenge to them are Russia (and possibly, Japan). The first and only time I will be hoping Russia to lose is against Serbia :whistle:

Boskovic vs Goncharova
    Mihajlovic vs Kosheleva
    Rasic/Stevanovic/Veljkovic vs Russian cheerleaders :rolll:

• Not at all. She's that kind of player who kills the ball always and forever when the set is perfect, but gets blocked with slow ones, no shadows of grey in the middle. Against China Glass made her look really consistent spiker/scorer.

• I think Megan Easy should perform much better than this. She is here mainly because of attack and she is not delivering. Her reception is too bad that with her receiving the ball, USA can never be in system. I hope she picks up her game, although I fear she won't because this fast balls doesn't suit her.. she wants the ball to be fast but high too.. that way she can hit over and this was she can only do block outs.. also i noticed balls are too much inside for her.. Vansant should've been here.

• I think Megan Easy should perform much better than this. She is here mainly because of attack and she is not delivering. Her reception is too bad that with her receiving the ball, USA can never be in system. I hope she picks up her game, although I fear she won't because this fast balls doesn't suit her.. she wants the ball to be fast but high too.. that way she can hit over and this was she can only do block outs.. also i noticed balls are too much inside for her.. Vansant should've been here.

I agree with you.
    It could've been a big opportunity to prove the attack of Vansant against CHN, RUS, JAP, SER.
    Anyway, I hope this is the last time we see Megan in USA team A.

• IMHO Hodge should play as opposite as soon as possible. Her passing is still terrible, but her spiking skills used to be amazing.

USA Team plays a system. Perfect passing to run the MBs. So so passing to run the OP or Hill, both dependent to the quality of setting. Trash passing to run Larson.

You can't play with just one player who can spike all kind of sets. Hill and Lowe (or Murphy) are useless when the sets aren't good. Fawcett could fix the situation, but I lost any hope for her, since Karch doesn't really see her as starter. We need another player we can run with all kind of passing/situations/sets. When we can't play our system we are lost, like it happened against Serbia.