2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• It's because they can't qualify to be ranked. For example for spikers you must have a certain % of your team 's total attempts to be ranked.
    Maybe 15% or something. The same for receivers.

• Things will be very interesting if Japan manages to win against Serbia. As some of you have mentioned here, Japan is a different beast at home. Motivation for this game will not only come from Japan, Serbia knows if it wins this match, they have a VERY good chance in qualifying for Rio. :wavy:

As a side note, Goncharova is now leading scorer of the tournament with a clear 30pts ahead from the next contender. She is also second best spiker (behind Mihajlovic), and sixth best blocker overall. If Russia manages to win all its remaining games, she should be awarded MVP.

• The Korean team are ruined in G3 after losing the G2 narrowly. Only miracle will bring their game back.

Korea was really waste in this WWCup, Kim never found her best shape back except for the match against China.
    i didnt watch the game but looked the same with the game against USA and Russia, who managed to struggle a bit in the second set and slid very much the first and the third.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• According to this http://esportes.estadao.com.br…-russia-na-copa-do-mundo/
    During the interview after the match between Russia and Serbia, Kosheleva explained the reason she didn't play against Dominican Republic and Cuba:

"You should ask the coach. He is responsible for the roster. He should explain why I didn't play. You can ask him. What I can say is that I was ready to play normally. I'm always ready."

• Looking at it now, Russia will really "decide" which teams will qualify for Rio.. If Russia beat USA, they are in a better position to face against China as their last real test.

For USA their match against Russia would be the "game changer" as neither team will reach 10 wins.
    China in the same boat their match against Russia would be the decider for them..

Also from the post above, it appears Kosheleva has an issue with Marichev? I also wonder why on some matches Koeshelva was not playing but Goncharova was.. I hope Kosheleva can use this as motivation against the game with US.. IMO she needs to play the match tomorrow against Peru to regain her confidence and Natasha can rest

• Looking at it now, Russia will really "decide" which teams will qualify for Rio.. If Russia beat USA, they are in a better position to face against China as their last real test.

For USA their match against Russia would be the "game changer" as neither team will reach 10 wins.
    China in the same boat their match against Russia would be the decider for them..

Also from the post above, it appears Kosheleva has an issue with Marichev? I also wonder why on some matches Koeshelva was not playing but Goncharova was.. I hope Kosheleva can use this as motivation against the game with US.. IMO she needs to play the match tomorrow against Peru to regain her confidence and Natasha can rest

I think Russian players always answer very direct and literally so I don't think there was some kind of problem. I guess what she meant is that there wasn't any particular reason for her not to play, that is was the decision of the coach, that she is not injured or anything.. Don't think there is any drama at all.. Goncharova replied similar way in her interview for Brazilian media weeks ago.

Maybe I am wrong it's just my opinion

• You are missing the fact that not only one team from AVC can advance. In intercontinal tournament there are 3 spots and one for Asia team. So basically if China is there then probably 2 european teams and China will advance AND first asian team. So in general they wilk get 2 places or even 3 if China advances in WC.

The Asian/World Qualifier is for 8 teams. Top 3 advance to Rio, plus best Asian team after Top 3

In the 2012 Qualifier (4 teams advanced to London, top 3 plus the best Asian team) Italy (1st), South Korea (2nd), Serbia (3rd), Japan was fourth and therefore the best Asian team

2008 (4 teams advanced to London, top 3 plus the best Asian team) Poland (1st), Serbia (2nd), Japan (3rd), Kazakhstan was fifth and therefore the best Asian team

• The Asian/World Qualifier is for 8 teams. Top 3 advance to Rio, plus best Asian team after Top 3

In the 2012 Qualifier (4 teams advanced to London, top 3 plus the best Asian team) Italy (1st), South Korea (2nd), Serbia (3rd), Japan was fourth and therefore the best Asian team

2008 (4 teams advanced to London, top 3 plus the best Asian team) Poland (1st), Serbia (2nd), Japan (3rd), Kazakhstan was fifth and therefore the best Asian team

i thought italy qualified to london by winning 2010 world cup.

ah yes, it was russia, not italy, brahmin, in the world qualifier tournament.

• this is interesting because if CHN doesn't qualify here, they'll try to qualify at the world qualifier tournament. it's likely that there'll be a 2nd asian team (probably JPN) to advance to rio there, but it's possible that there'll be only 2 asian teams in rio also.

• The KEN now have the best chance to dance after each point facing with ALG :-) ALG will occupy the floor

the other funny thing is the libero of each team is wearing their opponent's uniform :lol:

btw the belly of KEN head coach is quite convincing.

Even KEN teach the juveniles a good lesson: 14 / 11 / 11

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I should have made clearer my earlier post, that's a CHN team under the head coach Lang Ping (she's on duty since 2013) and playing the core (A) team.

And commercial-wise FIVB will be quite happy to see both CHN and JPN get through the 2016 Rio OG from the Asian continent :lol:

China A team was beaten by Japan B team last year at the 3rd round of WGP :-). FYI : http://www.fivb.org/vis_web/volley/WGP2014a/pdf/P2-054.pdf

• @ Nghiphong, okay noted, thanks fyi. I missed that one for I just followed again WV as of recent WGP, a long hiatus from the last WCH, and CHN bt JPN thrice during the 2015 WGP. Nonetheless I have high confidence CHN will again beat JPN in the last match!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”