2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Japan win 1st 26-24. Today they are displaying one of their best defense performance in the tournment. Against Argentina, Peru and Dominican Rep it wasnt so accurated as now. Japan has 5 players in the best 10 servers.
    Rasic is a monster, she wasnt stopped.

• Tijana, how sweet :heart:

Japan with their impressive defense again, hard to believe Koga is just a newbie, she's not a strong hitter, but a very smart player.

• Malesevic is making a silent complaint to Terzic by playing so well, "Man, see? I play this well, let me play." :D She's ten times better than Nikolic.

I think with Malagurski in stead of Nikolic, Serbia could win Euro championship this year, or at least could be in top 3. Ognjenovic is playing an elegant volleyball, she's describing how A setter should play on court.

• Tisi can be so sweet and wild at the same time. :heart:

I will never understand Manabe. He keeps changing players with shorter ones. I don't see what Uchiseto can bring to the game more than Ishii. The only good call was changing Miyashita for Koto, since the first one was a bit terrible today.

• Tisi can be so sweet and wild at the same time. :heart:

I will never understand Manabe. He keeps changing players with shorter ones. I don't see what Uchiseto can bring to the game more than Ishii. The only good call was changing Miyashita for Koto, since the first one was a bit terrible today.

Totally agree. I just had a look and Uchiseto is only 1,70cm tall and her reception is not sufficiently good to cover her height :whistle:

And I think I've been repeating it for many times, Japan's MBs are such a big joke, they kind of can dig Boskovic and Mihajlovic because they're simply good at digging, but Rasic will never be stopped, no MBs from Japan could stop her. IMO, Japanese MBs are like a wild high pass.

• Maja is smart, she noticed there's a really small blocker up there in position 2 and using Stevanovic's slides right away.

• For me, Rasic is by far the best non-american MB in the world.

• This is perhaps one of Rasic's best ever matches for Serbia, she's been unstoppable!

Ognjenovic continues to be the best setter in this tournament with another solid performance.

Malesevic in for Nikolic improves the team hugely. Now Terzic simply must realise that Nikolic can never be more than a bench player now.

• Japan MBs cant stop Rasic for sure, but they have been able to stop Stevanovic many times. No kill blocks, but at least cover her attack. They can be really fast, but they lack of power. Without doubts, the stuffed animal should go to Rasic :obey:

I´m more than surprised by Sarina Koga´s performance. She only needs to improve her passing. She isnt so powerful, but she always watch where to spike. She is clever for her age. There are so many spikers who only attack without watching the block.

What happened with Sakoda? I remember she was a monster from the backrow.

• I think Koga already has reached Kimura's level, funny Japan plays without their captain.

Popovic will have to give her starter spot to Natalie Hagglund if she keeps passing this bad.