2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• Miracle?)) Oh, let's think. What would be more profitable for Japan in the game that they have absolutely no interest in outcome. To win against China would mean have to face them again in the qualification tournament. Or to lose now and let them get that Rio ticket and make your road easier.
    Huuummm... Such a tough choise. And of course win for China would be a pure miracle and no luck (or good thought) has been put into scheduling process.

so it is some thought from your private side, not even about Japan.
    if yes. it might be long term strategy thing about JVA, and there is nothing to do with China. what China will do is to win the World Cup.
    Please be pure of thinking something positive of sport spirit.
    You may feel balanced when you are peaceful and not always criticising the rules, the schedules and the others.
    i am not teaching but you should have felt ashamed to what you said.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Btw, Terzic gave an interview to Sport-express and said - Such a pitty we're not playing Russians on the last day of the tournament.
    I think this Round Robin system is really must go, coaches are not even ashamed to admit they're abusing it.

they won against Russia anyways and I don't think it will be a 3:0/3:1 match if they play Russia on the last day
    they couldn't even win over Argentina with 3:0/3:1 today.. :gone:

• so it is some thought from your private side, not even about Japan.
    if yes. it might be long term strategy thing about JVA, and there is nothing to do with China. what China will do is to win the World Cup.
    Please be pure of thinking something positive of sport spirit.
    You may feel balanced when you are peaceful and not always criticising the rules, the schedules and the others.
    i am not teaching but you should have felt ashamed to what you said.

I have nothing to be ashamed of)) You've just misunderstand me or have another opinion and already trying to put shame, good on you!)) I've never said that Chinese have done anything wrong here. You have all the rights to celebrate the victory, it's deserved. It's just I think they were a little bit lucky in the process, but it's alright. And yes we're about to see a miracle victory for China over Japan, yes a miracle!

• they won against Russia anyways and I don't think it will be a 3:0/3:1 match if they play Russia on the last day
    they couldn't even win over Argentina with 3:0/3:1 today.. :gone:

It wasn't his thought there. He was so Russia-friendly in that interview, I think he was referring that if Russia and Serbia played on the last today, they'd have an opprtunity to fix the result for both teams.

• I have nothing to be ashamed of)) You've just misunderstand me or have another opinion and already trying to put shame, good on you!)) I've never said that Chinese have done anything wrong here. You have all the rights to celebrate the victory, it's deserved. It's just I think they were a little bit lucky in the process, but it's alright. And yes we're about to see a miracle victory for China over Japan, yes a miracle!

what i am trying to say the schedule is relatively equal to every team, we cannot say it is 100% fair or reasonable. because we cannnot meet all the opponents on the same day. you should follow some order of play, and meet someone earlier and the others later. it is game, that is it.
    but i dont understand where you post the "a little bit luck", from the win against Russia, because they are so tired? from the unexpected loses from US? from the extremely perfect performance from Serbia? or what else ?
    good luck will not make the whole story, because it is what is happening as what it happened.
    sorry that you dont get what i mean earlier.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• what i am trying to say the schedule is relatively equal to every team, we cannot say it is 100% fair or reasonable. because we cannnot meet all the opponents on the same day. you should follow some order of play, and meet someone earlier and the others later. it is game, that is it.
    but i dont understand where you post the "a little bit luck", from the win against Russia, because they are so tired? from the unexpected loses from US? from the extremely perfect performance from Serbia? or what else ?
    good luck will not make the whole story, because it is what is happening as what it happened.
    sorry that you dont get what i mean earlier.

I think we shouldn't pollute this thread anymore. I've tried to express my thoughts already. You have your opinion, I have mine, it's alright.

• Whoever is saying Japan is playing to lose against China today is just wrong. This is a rivalry game and Japan wants to beat China period.

Even if Japan has to play them again in the qualifying tournament, they would want to beat them today. Manabe continues to state to the Japanese press "the Goal is to be number 1 in the world." They will have to beat the USA, China, Russia and Serbia to do that. A win today can help with the team's confidence for next year.

On the scheduling issue, the JVA does get some help from Fuji Television because they want great TV ratings as the Japanese matches are broadcast nationwide at night. So that is why you have top team matches on the first weekend and then on the last weekends. Only because of the round robin format can this be done.

Serbia got a great late schedule because they had three easy matches (don't know why they needed to go 5 against Argentina), but if they had lost to Russia, USA or Japan, they would have been eliminated with 2 loses and fewer match points.

The FIVB wants a exciting tournament from start to finish and I would say that this tournament has done that, 5 teams still alive with 2 matches to play and 4 with 1 match to play.

The World Grand Prix Finals were not as exciting as most teams did not send their first team, but in World Cup years maybe they should say that the winner of the Grand Prix gets a ticket to the Olympics?

• The impression so far is that Japan surely tries, but when both teams show their normal performance there is no way Japan can be dangerous for China.

I agree, Japan is playing to win the game but China is superior for now maybe also because they know they can lose everything, gold and pass to Rio.

• So you said Japan would lose the match on purpose...

• Anybody said Japan would lose 5-25 in every set? Let's wait till crucial stages of the game and we'll see how much effort Japanese will put into the victory.

• Anybody said Japan would lose 5-25 in every set? Let's wait till crucial stages of the game and we'll see how much effort Japanese will put into the victory.

No, did I say that?
    EVERYONE HERE said Japan would lose the match on purpose. And this is NOT happening. Anyone that is seeing the match cleary realizes that.

• I love how people in this forum gets inside all the players and coaches' minds...and know the absolute truth all the time

• This is where China really misses Hui. Zhang can do easily the same as her in attack but her passing is a big problem for China. The middles and Zhu have completely disappeared in 2nd set because China in the end could hardly ever create a good attack opportunity because of the bad 1st pass.

• No, did I say that?
    EVERYONE HERE said Japan would lose the match on purpose. And this is NOT happening. Anyone that is seeing the match cleary realizes that.

Japan is playing equal game with China as they should, they are playing at home and China isn't too far in the level of the game. Another question is will Japan insist on winning the game, we'll see that later.

• Japan is playing equal game with China as they should, they are playing at home and China isn't too far in the level of the game. Another question is will Japan insist on winning the game, we'll see that later.

Japan is much weaker than China. Winning a set means that they are at least fighting. They will probably not win the match, but no one can say they lost on purpose.
    Btw, I'm hoping Japan wins so that everyone's theory goes down.

• I love how people in this forum gets inside all the players and coaches' minds...and know the absolute truth all the time

I clearly remember Japan playing the very friendly game with Serbia and losing it 2-3 in the last day of 2011 qualification tournament. that's the only reason I expect the same here. Would be happy to be wrong.

• I don't think Japan would achieve sth by losing to China on purpose... On world qualifications it's hard not to see China in TOP3, so Japan is not in danger or what...