2015 World Cup - Japan - 8/22

• what a block-defence team it was indeed!! id never thought they would miss the gold :|
    that usa team (2012) and brazillian team which won OG (beating usa 3-1 ..[should be 2008] in the final) were very good teams indeed

2008 was the best year of women's volleyball. Everyone has become an all around player. Brazil was on the top of the world because they are playing on another level. They have the best MBs - Walewska and Fabiana, and garbage-hitter in Sheila, outstanding libero in Fabi, amazing setter in Fofao, and the golden duo that made everything possible - Mari and Paula.

• "...MVP: Zhu Thing might be a good hitter and blocker, but she is no KYK. KYK singlehandedly carry Korea. She receives, she spikes, she blocks, she defends. I don't see Zhu Thing being able to do that. Still, she deserve the MVP award."

Or one can say differently that KYK is indeed the entire Korean team (just fill in any convenient X% contribution)!

Fortunately Zhu Ting does not need to carry all or most of the team burden alone or she will break her back pretty soon.

Needless to say how risky it is for one team to rely overly upon any single star player. And in that case of CHN team, I believe Lang Ping won't love such idea at all. Indeed she said in one interview after the victory that the team success among others was much helped by strong backup players.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara: correction ().

• I think the comparison wasn't just about leadership or best scorer of the team but individual skills in which Kim is much better, including defense, passing and serving

• Zhu Thing is better spiker than KYK, and in everything else KYK.

• Are you kidding me? Zhu Ting's blocking skills are far better than Kim's, give me a break, Kim is not perfect in every way. Kim's got only 6 blocks in the matches against CHN, RUS, SRB, USA, JPN, while Zhu Ting's got 21. Don't tell me that she's not in good shape now, she's never been good at blocking anyway...

• I'd say Kim's better at everything. MUCH better receiver, digger and server, better spiker as well imo. Blocking is probably the closest between the two. Zhu still has time to improve, though.

• How can KYK be better in spiking, Zhu is jumping higher and has stronger spike. And when I watched Korea-China, they dig a lot of balls from Kim and Zhu was amazing.

And stats are showing that Zhu T. is better in spiking than Kim :teach:

• Please don't twist my words :hit: I did not say that Zhu is better than KYK, but I believe she will be better in the future unless she had any severe injury. Indeed, Zhu is already better than KYK's 20 years old version. To me Zhu has bigger potential, higher spike reach, better blocking skills. On the other hand, I accept that KYK is better at reception and has better serve. Still I believe Zhu will improve at those elements of the game as well since she will be under guidance of a great coach such as Lang Ping.

I repeat again, I don't say that Zhu is currently better than KYK but I believe that she will reach at higher level than KYK in the future. :thumbup:

• I think Z.T's spike stats cannot compare with KYK's stat. If you compare that you didn't know the difference in Korea setter and China setter. In my eyes, Kim attacked the bad ball more than good ball.

• But also as we know Chinese players are injury prone and end careers early, se we can't speak for the future.. Let's hope she stays healthy though

we cant say it will not happen, players may get injuried easily during the games.
    but we are sure it will not happen often in China any more.
    Lang Ping has introduced a new concept in training, recuperation and injury nursing, neither "devil training method" as long before, nor the unscientific training in the past 10 years.
    the young players will be well developed and protected in the future, there will no overused any longer, then they could keep a high competition level for a longer period.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Just wondering if KYK plays with a good setter and a much more all-round team mates like Zhu Ting did...

Zhu Ting is peaking now while KYK has been on top for years. It is obvious for a player, especially a one-man player, to suffer fluctuation on performance. KYK needs to rest and come back again.

• Just wondering if KYK plays with a good setter and a much more all-round team mates like Zhu Ting did...

Zhu Ting is peaking now while KYK has been on top for years. It is obvious for a player, especially a one-man player, to suffer fluctuation on performance. KYK needs to rest and come back again.

Though not getting enough sets can decrease the motivation of a player too. I think KYK gets that sometimes in her club in Fenerbahce when other hitters are used often.

• I got bored of those bashings about Zhu Ting. Yes Kim is the best active volleyball player(and the most complete) for most of the people at the moment. But she's not the only great player. Zhu Ting doesn't have to be a new KYK. She's already phenomenal as herself.