2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• This edition is really hard to predict, specially for Italy and Russia. due to big changes they have had, I can imagine for them from 6th place to first.

I agree on this. Of course i would like to see two european teams qualifying from WC but on the other hand, somehow i would like to see Russia and Italy getting punished for their bad management as well.
    Team cohesion, solid and consistent work should pay out but we all know that this is only one dimension of the game. :teach:

• Are you sure ? Do not forget Australia will play in Asian tournament !

Yes Iran can, recently Iran B team won Australia A team in Asian championship, and last year they smashed Australia in W CH. By the way, Asian qualifiers is a really easy way to qualify. imagine a tournament with Iran, Australia, China, Japan, Serbia, Italy, Venezuela and Cuba or Canada. 4 teams will qualify through this, I think even with a bad performance Iran can be at least 4th in that tournament. even I think we will have more than 1 Asian in Rio.

and I have a question about Australia roster, where is Sanderson?

• Yes Iran can, recently Iran B team won Australia A team in Asian championship, and last year they smashed Australia in W CH. By the way, Asian qualifiers is a really easy way to qualify. imagine a tournament with Iran, Australia, China, Japan, Serbia, Italy, Venezuela and Cuba or Canada. 4 teams will qualify through this, I think even with a bad performance Iran can be at least 4th in that tournament. even I think we will have more than 1 Asian in Rio.

Ok, it's much easier but still we do not have all participants. We'll see more (Japan, Australia, Iran) after World Cup.

• Ok, it's much easier but still we do not have all participants. We'll see more (Japan, Australia, Iran) after World Cup.

I agree with you, Japan has improved compared to the past, too

• I'm looking forward to the first match of the world cup, a meeting again with the team of the old lovely man.
    Last year Argentinians were very lucky for us I hope they continue to do so! :thumbsup:

• I'm looking forward to the first match of the world cup, a meeting again with the team of the old lovely man.
    Last year Argentinians were very lucky for us I hope they continue to do so! :thumbsup:

I predict match with Iran will be our worst game :rolll: there's always a big difference in attitude between the teams.

• I don't think it has been mentioned yet but at the end Blengini decided to cut Mengozzi and keep both Vettori and Sabbi, so to have more power in attack.

• I think that Poland, USA and Russia will be the team's competing for the 2 tickets. Italy and Iran are my dark horses.

The biggest question for Russia is with their new coach (old coach in Olympics) what level of improvement will they have over the World League performance?

• The live stream on youtube says that it is not possible to be streamed in my country (Australia) Any body else have this problem? And what country can it be streamed in?

Also, these games here will be streamed live on FIVB's YouTube channel. For the rest we'll have to find streams.

• Argentina's blocking in the beginning of this fourth set. :super:
    Iran looks bored. Kovac will have to use his entire bench at this point. Nice to see Palacios as starter in Argentina - is Velasco using Conte as OPP today? I see both and Zornetta on court at the same time.

• Argentina's blocking in the beginning of this fourth set. :super:
    Iran looks bored. Kovac will have to use his entire bench at this point. Nice to see Palacios as starter in Argentina - is Velasco using Conte as OPP today? I see both and Zornetta on court at the same time.

yes, Conte as Opp. We started with Poglajen in the first set, then Zornetta was subbed in to improve reception.

Iran bordering K.O. now, it's Argentina's to lose...

• UFFF we almost lost the set in an hilarious way :read: thanks god Facu got that ace :obey:

It should have been 3-0, the team played in a way it would have been a fair result. This what happens when we get rid of the worst players (Filardi, Gonzalez), the team becomes more serious.

• Congrats Argentina! Indeed, the match should have been a 3x0, but fortunately we got the 3 points. We really outblocked Iran, it was 16-6. Just Sole 8 blocks :super:
    Once again, saved by Facu. I really hope Poglajen could be more regular in reception. Despitr of Zornetta is a smart player, i dont know how much useful he can be against USA, Italy or Poland.