2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• You do realize it 1:15 AM on the East Coast of the USA.
    Argentina dead.
    Russia must win out and Poland lose out, plus USA loss to Argentina.
    Italy needs to win tomorrow, Poland loss against Japan helps, but USA loss helps more.
    USA just needs to win out. 5 set matches will complicate set ratios.
    Poland wins today, all but in, ahead on points ratio and sets ratio with Italy. Italy would have to win 3-0 and big points spread and hope for USA loss against Argentina if USA beats Russia.

Thanks.
    what is more important, points ratio or set?
    Because Japan won a set today, how can Poland still win set ratio against Italy?

• This Ishikawa kid is really good. And he's got one of the finest serving techniques I've seen, everything he throws (if not missed) is an ace or half-ace/free ball (I really wonder how the hell is he outside the top 30 servers of this tournament).

• Poland thank to yesterday match 3:1 with USA need only two sets unlike to Italy that lost 3:0 and as we see lost single sets are less important. First number of wins, second ratio. Italy before match with Poland has 1 lose, Poland 0.

• Holy shit. I have so much respect for Japan and was far from expecting it will be an easy game. Still I didn't expect us being in such a big trouble. Japanese were literally kicking our butts, especially those two youngsters on wings. What a great perspective players :thumbup: Whole Japanese team looks much more interesting overall compared to the previous teams.

Our middles do the job today. Don't know where would we were without playing through the middle so much. Also Kubiak was a libero, blocker and attacker, all in one :) Again. Zatorski is waking up quite a long time just to be awesome right after that.

Hahaha guys greet each other in after match interviews for Polsat, Możdżonek greets Zatorski and one vice versa :D Atmosphere is just great.
    And I just dislike Jarosz's father when he is as an expert in Polsat studio and pretending to be the smartest, every time deny anything Kadziewicz say :cursing:

Argentina again is helping us taking some energy from Italy.

I can't even imagine such a nightmare in which we're losing it all tomorrow after an amazing run so far.

And can't stop thinking how weird is that 4 years ago we lost 3 matches and claimed the ticket before last match was even played. Now we are staying undefeated and still don't know if we're going to Rio.

PS. I see USA - RUS game is refereed by a deadly duo of the coolest refs in the whole universe :D

• Polish worst case scenario USA win 1 match in 3 sets and 1 match in 5 sets and Italy sweeps Poland tomorrow.
    All tied at 29 and 10-1. Sets ratio USA 31-7, Italy 30-7, Poland 30-11. Poland would be 3rd
    Even if USA went 4 sets in one of the matches Poland still out.
    Poland needs 2 sets to get ticket. Gets to 30 points without win, Italy can't match, USA can.

Russia needs 2 wins (not 5 sets, unless Italy swept by Poland), Argentina win tomorrow and Poland win to finish 2nd.
    USA need one win and Italy loss to clinch. Two USA wins guarantee spot also unless both in 5 sets.

• Russia is really pathetic to watch. :down: Don't try to give us hope you can win. Match Poland Italy will be crucial. For Russians is better to win with USA, eliminate them from qualification and give it for one European team and it would be easier for them in continental qualification.

• And I just dislike Jarosz's father when he is as an expert in Polsat studio and pretending to be the smartest, every time deny anything Kadziewicz say :cursing:

I have the same feeling :D Furthermore he makes me nervous when he says that his son should be in NT and Antiga was unfair leaving Kuba at home... :S I really don't like Konarski in NT (IMO he is the only weak link in the team) but he is even better than Jarosz :whistling:

Kubiak played really great against USA, he showed everything the best what he has. Huge applause.
    Also I really like that fast balls that he is playing with Drzyzga.

I remember that 4 years ago Serbia did some great job and won against Brazil just to help Europeans teams to fight for ticket to London. Today I have the same hope in Russians.

• I have the same feeling :D Furthermore he makes me nervous when he says that his son should be in NT and Antiga was unfair leaving Kuba at home... :S I really don't like Konarski in NT (IMO he is the only weak link in the team) but he is even better than Jarosz :whistling:

Kubiak played really great against USA, he showed everything the best what he has. Huge applause.

I remember that 4 years ago Serbia did some great job and won against Brazil just to help Europeans teams to fight for ticket to London. Today I have the same hope in Russians.

We all hope that, by the way fivb rules are really stupid. Due to those in Rio we'll have Tunisia, Australia and other weak teams, while one among Serbia, Italy, Poland, France and Russia will stay at home (and even Bulgaria and Germany should be in Rio). Ranking should reward meritocracy, not continental membership. We, Europeans, are damaged

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I have the same feeling :D Furthermore he makes me nervous when he says that his son should be in NT and Antiga was unfair leaving Kuba at home... :S I really don't like Konarski in NT (IMO he is the only weak link in the team) but he is even better than Jarosz :whistling:

I think it's not worth to discuss about Konarski or Jarosz, both are superweak. Also Kadziewicz is not volleyball expert. 0% authority.

• I agree. Kuba is a bit better than Konarski, but Bartman is the one who should be there. :whistle:

With Grankin Russia improved a lot in the second half of the set, but we took the first set anyway.

• I agree. Kuba is a bit better than Konarski, but Bartman is the one who should be there. :whistle:

With Grankin Russia improved a lot in the second half of the set, but we took the first set anyway.

If I think about the season that Bartman had here in Modena, I feel chills that run throughout all my body :thumbdown:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I think it's not worth to discuss about Konarski or Jarosz, both are superweak. Also Kadziewicz is not volleyball expert. 0% authority.

Feels like you have very tiny respect with such sayings like Bieniek is "girlish" and now the second with Kadziewicz :huh: Kadziewicz is still learning being a good journalist and at least he doesn't respond sharply while Jarosz attacks him openly almost every time.

Somehow I like Jarosz a lot more than Konarski. Someone else will say it's better to have Konarski though. Depends on which performances we remember better. I remember Jarosz doing a solid job when things doesn't look colorful, eg. match against Russia during ECH 2011. I have no similar associations with Konarski.