2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• chances are not good that ARG will beat US, so … even if US loses to ARG, it doesn't mean POL will go to rio? i guess it depends on sets ratio.

No, there won't be set radio involved. It's simple: USA wins, USA qualifies. ARG wins, POL qualifies.

• Damn, Italy! :obey: From barely being able to do anything since the WCH to getting an early ticket to Rio. What a difference Juantorena and Berruto's departure brought to this team.

Too bad USA-Argentina will be so late, I wish I could watch it live. Don't expect the USA to repeat their mistakes though.

It's hard to tell.

(1) USA is also not mentally tough.
    (2) Their reception system is fragile (but Argentina is not particularly strong in serving?)
    (3) Argentina has really improved as a team. It seems that they could really pose real threat to the vb powerhouses. (Kudos to Velasco!)

• It's hard to tell.

(1) USA is also not mentally tough.
    (2) Their reception system is fragile (but Argentina is not particularly strong in serving?)
    (3) Argentina has really improved as a team. It seems that they could really pose real threat to the vb powerhouses. (Kudos to Velasco!)

I'm very very sure that even if ARG loses, they will compete fiercely for the match. The only teams that can crush the current Argentina without question are Poland and Russia because of the huge height difference.

• I'm very very sure that even if ARG loses, they will compete fiercely for the match. The only teams that can crush the current Argentina without question are Poland and Russia because of the huge height difference.

If only they have one more quality OH or OPP alongside Conte, the squad is strong enough to be a serious medal contender. Velasco is such a master, strengthening the team so much without additional strong attackers.

• How they gave the MVP award to Buti is beyond me. There was unstoppable trio , Juantorena-Zaytsev-Lanza, all hitting +60%.There was the young Giannelli playing without any mistake.
    Maybe Buti got it because he is the captain but strange choise.

You see the results of low quality education in exact sciences :)

Great Juantorena, great game! Let's hope and pray the ranking to stay the same until the end if it is possible.

• Is it compulsory to give the MVP prize to a member of the team winning the tournament? I can think of a couple of Italian players who would deserve the prize more than any American...

Italians played great against Poland but they were inconsistent throughout the tournament. If USA finishes first then an american deserves it. Let's stick to stats to determine the rightful winners.

• Hm.. I have a feeling Shimizu as Japanese Hero will get Individual Award.

Next masterpiece ace as last point in tie break from Russia, this time by Shivozeles.

• Really I still can't believe it! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
    No one would have bet on Italy in this World Cup after all the affairs in this summer but they did it! Congratulations to them, to Blengini and all the staff as it wasn't easy. Once again we relied on great spikers and Giannelli showed he can handle the pressure and guide the team! So happy... We're in Rio :dance6: :dance6: :dance6:

• Italians played great against Poland but they were inconsistent throughout the tournament. If USA finishes first then an american deserves it. Let's stick to stats to determine the rightful winners.

Can not disagree more, italy dont deserve it?

Let face it, now every team here including ur fev team USA lose one match. And the match Italy lose is against USA which happen to be their best performance while Osmany played the worst performances. Despite all those the point in 2,3 set is point by point. If Osmany was in form, USA would have even lost sets or even lose that matchs.

Say all u want, the fact hasnt change. Italy deserve this ticket to rio, and the got it. End . Period. Bye bye.

• Can not disagree more, italy dont deserve it?

Let face it, now every team here including ur fev team USA lose one match. And the match Italy lose is against USA which happen to be their best performance while Osmany played the worst performances. Despite all those the point in 2,3 set is point by point. If Osmany was in form, USA would have even lost sets or even lose that matchs.

Say all u want, the fact hasnt change. Italy deserve this ticket to rio, and the got it. End . Period. Bye bye.

I never said italy doesn't deserve a ticket to rio. I was answering a notion that an American does not deserve the mvp award even if they were crowned as champions of WC. Your comprehension is quite bad. Ciao!

• If USA can keep on playing such a good defense, it will be very difficult for Argentina.

Looking at Aaron Russels mouvements and motorical skills you wouldn't asume that his actually a 2,06 tall guy :thumbup: