2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• Polish players are still crying ;(

I totally understand them. I mean, WC is the only tournament where the third place doesn't come with a last victory and it's completely useless (for the first time!!).
    And they had won 10 matches over 11 and lost only the last day! There were WC where you could get the second place with 2 or even 3 victories...
    Heartbreaking ;(

• Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of Russell and he's definitely the best player of this match but throughout the tournament Anderson has to be the most important and crucial player of the USA. and yes Anderson played horribly in the last matches especially today but he has done a lot from the service line (#1 best server) and don't forget he also passes in 2 rotations. I personally think he deserves the award if it has to be chosen from the winning team, otherwise for me Zaystev will be the MVP of the tournament.

• If they have to pick MVP from the champion team, then Anderson is well deserved, if not, I'd say Zaysetv deserves it.

• If they have to pick MVP from the champion team, then Anderson is well deserved, if not, I'd say Zaysetv deserves it.

USA has won with a great teamplay, there is not a player who excelled over all others, by the way Russell was better than Anderson during the tournament. So he should have been the MVP (if not Zaystev, according to the "rule" of the MVP as a member of the champion team)

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Happy that finally Muosavi got an award, actually just after I praised him here, he had two terrible matches against AUS and CAN without a single block, together with others. but today he compensated with 7 kill blocks.

• As far as I know there is no rule which says MVP should come from the winning team. Anyway Anderson improved in the position, but he's still far from a consitent opposite to my eyes. Russell was the leader of the team when everything was going bad, not Anderson, without him we would be talking about a bronze medal...

And Lee really deserved an award. He was able to find blocks and aces several times in crucial moments. His spiking is always very good, few errors or blocks along the tournament.

• As far as I know there is no rule which says MVP should come from the winning team.

yeah I know, indeed I wrote "rule" between "quotation marks" :D

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I am happy that you guys are giving so much credits to Russell (and he deserves!). He totally saved USA today but it's not only about this match. Russell still have to work on his passing. I am not asking him to pass like 70-80% in terms of efficiency in a match but most of his passes are 3meter line or even worse. I'm not saying that Anderson or Sander are like better passers than him but that really bothers me... And I hope that he would learn a lot in Italy the next season and become a better and more well-rounded player (...and once again, I am a huge Russell fan!)

• This edition of WC surprised me.
    First of all - (without presence of Brazil) all top 4 teams didn't lose any game against other lower ranked teams.
    There were only few 3:2 results and no one in top 4.
    First time we seen (once again) new rules presented by FIVB where 3rd team didn't qualify to OG and ... bronze medalists crying - shame FIVB !!!
    Congratulations to USA, Italy, Argentina and Japan. Good job. Last game of Italy was their absolutely best game in WC so Poland cannot be blamed. I didn't expect 10-1 will be not enough.

• So right now;
    Only 3 teams between last Olympic champion(Russia), Olympic semi-finalist (Bulgaria),World champion (Poland), World Championship bronze medalist (Germany), World league winner (France), world league finalist (Serbia) will be in Rio. What a shame!
    Great escape from Italy.

• I have this feeling Russia won't make it. They looked so poor to my eyes. They need some extra fire. I'd like to watch Pavlov and Mikhaylov together. Shchrbinin and Musersky in the middle. Biryukov instead of that useless Spiridonov. And Moroz's fire is really needed.

• I'm extremely sad about our team. I've seen some our players crying. It was awful to see, how "happy" and "satisfied" they were, after being 3rd best team in such a challenging tournament.

Anyway, it's a sport. Sometimes, you have to deal with defeats. Our boys just need to forget about that and fight in all upcoming competitions. It's not the end of the world, still we can qualify for Olympics! :)

• So right now;
    Only 3 teams between last Olympic champion(Russia), Olympic semi-finalist (Bulgaria),World champion (Poland), World Championship bronze medalist (Germany), World league winner (France), world league finalist (Serbia) will be in Rio.

Hell will be in wintry Germany in January.

• Having watched again a couple of Italy's matches in the tournament, I have to praise Blegnini for the fantastic job he has done with this team.

The change of mentality is easy to notice: during Berruto's kingdom, all we saw were players arguing with the referee, Berruto torturing his face and spending half the match with his fingers up his nose, jumping and screaming obscenities, tormenting the players like everyone was going to die because of that missed ball. All his timeouts were a complete waste of time (Italian volleyball fans on the net mock him as "the philosopher", and not in a nice way), where our guys would just interrupt whatever bullshit he was talking about as soon as the game resumed, cutting his speeches in half and walking off trying to motivate each other.
    Not to mention his idiotic choices (Travica, Giovi, Randazzo, not letting Baranowicz and Juantorena into the team because Travica doesn't like them).

Blegnini instead talks little, gives some technical advice on how to react to the occasional three aces in a row, tells Zaytsev to **** off from the referee's chair... like a real coach would do.

Today the old Italy would have thrown away the match at the beginning of set 3, after that stream of aces by Bienek.

Blegnini called time out, Zaytsev went ballistic as soon as he sat in his chair. Blegnini just shut him up right there and said "guys, I told you in the locker room that this would have been a boxing match, the one delivering the final punch in the face will win. Go back and start punching them over again". And we did it.

• Of course, congratulations to United States and Italy. You showed a great volleyball in that tournament and fully deserved, to make it to the Olympic tournament ;)

Would have been deserved even Poland, but FIVB rules......

vabo. Where did you watch the game? I'm trying but I don't find anything online

• I have this feeling Russia won't make it. They looked so poor to my eyes. They need some extra fire. I'd like to watch Pavlov and Mikhaylov together. Shchrbinin and Musersky in the middle. Biryukov instead of that useless Spiridonov. And Moroz's fire is really needed.

I'm betting on Poland, France and Russia. Looking at other potential candidates for the spot (Bulgaria, Serbia, Germany), I think right now only Serbia could cause an upset to these three (Russia in particular), but who knows - perhaps Bulgaria can come back from the dead eventually. :whistle: Heynen's antics could pay off in the end too, which would be interesting and hilarious at the same time. :gone: