2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• I'm betting on Poland, France and Russia. Looking at other potential candidates for the spot (Bulgaria, Serbia, Germany), I think right now only Serbia could cause an upset to these three (Russia in particular), but who knows - perhaps Bulgaria can come back from the dead eventually. :whistle: Heynen's antics could pay off in the end too, which would be interesting and hilarious at the same time. :gone:

We have to deal with the fact that the only international player that Russia have is Muserskiy, the others can be good players, but not stars (even Mikhaylov by now is not the player that he used to be anymore). On the contrary, Serbia has a lot of individual talents, even if they needs to improve their teamplay (too much focused, right now, on serve and block). By the way I think Serbia has much more chances than Russia.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I think Poland, Germany and Russia will make it.

France will once again collapse due to pressure, Germany prepared for months just for this tournament and plays home, Russia has 3 months of Alekno's gulag treatment to qualify

• Nightmare tournament for Iran but at least they helped my second favorite team Italy to qualify for Rio by taking a set from Poland. :D

• So right now;
    Only 3 teams between last Olympic champion(Russia), Olympic semi-finalist (Bulgaria),World champion (Poland), World Championship bronze medalist (Germany), World league winner (France), world league finalist (Serbia) will be in Rio. What a shame!
    Great escape from Italy.

am i missing something? you keep saying there'll be only 3 euro teams in rio. but there might be 4, italy, plus euro qual. and 2 from world qual. whether that's too few, that's another story, but there probably will be 4, not 3.

i'm sorry for POL. i don't blame them for crying.

RUS barely held off JPN. it doesn't look good for the defending olymp. champions to go to rio. i hope the other 3 euro teams will be FRA, POL and SER.

• 1 european team will qualifie in January, 2 will go to the world qualifications in May. So, one among Russia, France, Serbia and Poland will stay at home for sure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…%27s_qualification#Europe

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• am i missing something? you keep saying there'll be only 3 euro teams in rio. but there might be 4, italy, plus euro qual. and 2 from world qual. whether that's too few, that's another story, but there probably will be 4, not 3.

i'm sorry for POL. i don't blame them for crying.

RUS barely held off JPN. it doesn't look good for the defending olymp. champions to go to rio. i hope the other 3 euro teams will be FRA, POL and SER.

I'm not saying there will be 3 teams , I'm trying to tell that only 3 spots are left. It is Italy (+) 3 Europeans teams so total will be 4 ;) But there are at least 6 very successful and powerful candidates for the remaining 3 tickets.

• Someone wrote here that no one expected Italy to get something here after the problems at the WL. I expected it and wrote it two weeks ago - Zaytsev and Juantorena /their infair advantage/ are making them favorite.

Btw, FIVB officials wouldn't pass elementary logic test with me as a teacher. 3 medals and 2 quotes for the OG = WTF

• I haven't seen a single picture of Poland on the podium, did they get any medal at all? Or are they flying back home with a bunch of vabochans?

Yes, they got a medal, I saw it in the FIVB gallery.

World Cup, the competition where you can be second winning the last match and third losing it. So weird xD

• I think it will be france because of great team chemistry, poland because of their burning desire to get a spot, and serbia because grbic is now their coach and started to show team chemistry. these three teams are my prediction to get tickets to rio. germany is my darkhorse because they are literally together building their team rapport.

• I wonder where I can watch the ceremony, I can't find it anywhere...

• France Geemany have only chance to Rio from E.Q, very big pressure meanwhile Pol Rus Serbia still play in W.Q if one of them win the E.Q

You are wrong. 2nd and 3rd Team from EOQT will play in WOQT so France can play in WOQT and Russia as f.ex. 4th in EOQT won't play in WOQT.

• France Geemany have only chance to Rio from E.Q, very big pressure meanwhile Pol Rus Serbia still play in W.Q if one of them win the E.Q

I think youve misunderstood European qualifiers. there is no difference between teams you named. All will compete in two groups, first two teams will go to semis, champion will qualify directly and second and third team will go to W Q tournament, where they wont have a big problem. They will be joined by Iran Australia, Japan , China and 1 team from each of Norceca and South America. best Asian team + remaining best 3 teams will qualify.

I can bet now that we will have two Asians in Rio, 2 of Iran, Japan and Australia. Considering that we will have someone like Cuba and Venezuela from America. (Even Puerto Rico and Colombia because Venezuela and Cuba would like to go to international qualification tournament instead of this one, where there are two teams from Africa)