2015 FIVB World League

• I just can't imagine how France can lose without taking adventage of opponents misfortune. I can't imagine their psyche would fail again especially after lost the biggest chance in recent years which can never appear again - medal in WCH.
    They have big comfort with OHs - Ngapeth, Tillie, Marechal, they can even rotate its squad at this position without losing much quality while Argentina and Bulgaria cannot. Bulgaria without Sokolov, France again with comfort Rouzier and Sidibe. Argentina without good OH is easy target for rival to be shooted by strong serving like Yosifov did yesterday no matters how other players like Conte, Uriarte, Sole play well.
    Personally I support Argentina of all teams but brain is above the heart and I would like even borrow them one OH from my NT for this matches if only I could.

On 1st division side if I was Iranian I wouldn't be sad after last match. As Kovac said only Marouf was motivated, hard to believe all team lost suddenly motivation while in previous day they won easily. It smells for me like sold match to make Russia survive however it didn't help and Serbia had a fun with Australia. Those matches were more like fun and decide about someone's fate. I think FIVB should change something to make each match worth fight to the end for each side. However Russia plays terrible in this season they are again victim of this rule, someone again decided about their fate.

• Yeah right. Like Tillie, Marechal, Rouzier are volleyball gods or smth lol. They are all just midd-class players

• Yeah right. Like Tillie, Marechal, Rouzier are volleyball gods or smth lol. They are all just midd-class players

I didn't say they are Gods. If one of starting OHs Ngapeth or Tillie would have a bad moment they can let Marechal play - other middle class player. From Bulgaria side thanks to Skrimov, Penchev injuries I don't see this possibility or maybe they will fastly recover for next weekend.

• About Bul I agree. Even with Skrimov and Penchev fit they still would struggle against any good team. I doubt they will win the div 2 title. Hopefully FIVB will change the format to 12 teams and move up all top 4 teams to div 1.

• FIVB is not responsible for bad results of any team and will not change rules because of that. Russia had many chances to make its situation better even having this crisis. Lost every match is total disaster.

Yes, FIVB is not responsible for their results, but are responsible for the tournament's formula and now I expect a new format :) Let's wait and I will remind you of that :)

So Argentina is going to play tough match against rested France without injuries. Bulgaria also with injuries with Belgium easier road to final but neither Argentina nor Bulgaria can win over France. Injury competition gave clear situation, I'm so disappointed. More interesting are matches of 3rd division like now Montenegro-Egypt, lol.

I must agree with saishuu, USA with win group could make problem on its own request. Rested France and Brazil at home versus Italy with injured Lanza, Serbia with newly-built quality.

I am really happy everyone is expecting France in the last round. Keep it up, it motivates team Bulgaria for sure :D It can do only good to the underdogs.

Argentina might've played better on Sunday than in game 1 on Saturday, which I missed, but I didn't see a real fight from the Bulgarian side yesterday. As if that 3-0 proved our/my point and they thought enough is enough. I really don't know what the situation with Skrimov is, I guess he is going to miss the next two weeks, but he's not been impressive lately, so I won't be too dramatic about it. The rest of the players should be fit for the semi against Belgium.

• According to Polsat Sport News Russia will play in lower Division next year.

Between FIVB and Russia aren't love so I don't see changes in rules.

• YavorD all what you said smells like unequal treatment, this is what you expect from FIVB should be called lack of democracy. Formula is not that bad but they need to make for another season small changes like this stupid deciding about someone's fate by random team like Serbia about Russia. In next season in similar case like we have now between Russia and Australia, both teams should meet with each other and play one, two matches and that can decide who is gonna be finally in 2nd division.

New rules shouldn't affect on this season because all teams can feel like all what happened in this season, all results are worthless. From Bulgarian side I can understand you. But let's ask fans of teams that played in 1st division this season and they will think the same like me.
    I am also not sure whether my idea is possible to realize but this way is fair.

• I suggest to take the average of my opinion and that of Rugby since I overestimate Bulgaria and he underestimates it :)

XDD, the only definition of FIVB what is "fair" is derived from what is "profitable"

• I hope France could win the Division 2. Their OH, OH, MB setter and libero are very high level.

Yes, and Argentina and Bulgaria have very low level /Sole, Todorov, Aleksiev, Conte, De Cecco, Agontsev, Salparov, etc/

• XDD, the only definition of FIVB what is "fair" is derived from what is "profitable"

FIVB needs to be profitable, which means having the biggest playing countries on the highest levels of the sport. The FIVB is known to constantly change the sport to try to make it better.

I am not saying that these changes are for the good of the game, testing 21 point sets, changing the playing system annually for the World League, while adding more teams to the mix.

Right now only one team can move up per Group, which is really crazy, even with the 16 team World League, 2 or 3 teams would come in or out.

It needs to be consistent for a 4 year period, that way the fans do not get confused.

• We have other profitable federations which do not change rules during compeitions and every year and they are no angels /FIFA/ FIVB have mental disorder. As you said we need consistency for a ful olympic cycle.

• Yes, and Argentina and Bulgaria have very low level /Sole, Todorov, Aleksiev, Conte, De Cecco, Agontsev, Salparov, etc/

Did I say those players in low level :whistle: and I just wrote "hope they could win" since France is my favorite team. The last FIVB wch, they were in no.4, and what abt Argentia and Bulgaria, 11 and 13. Do nót say wch is nót an element to evaluate a team. They could be good player bút could not be a,good team for some reasons. Btw, Sole amd Conte are also my favotite one.

• YavorD all what you said smells like unequal treatment, this is what you expect from FIVB should be called lack of democracy. Formula is not that bad but they need to make for another season small changes like this stupid deciding about someone's fate by random team like Serbia about Russia. In next season in similar case like we have now between Russia and Australia, both teams should meet with each other and play one, two matches and that can decide who is gonna be finally in 2nd division.

New rules shouldn't affect on this season because all teams can feel like all what happened in this season, all results are worthless. From Bulgarian side I can understand you. But let's ask fans of teams that played in 1st division this season and they will think the same like me.
    I am also not sure whether my idea is possible to realize but this way is fair.

So what you're telling me is that FIVB have never changed rules just like that, have never made last-minute decisions, have never favoured certain teams (Japan, for instance), and are overall a fair and democratic organization? You mean the one that punished Bernardo Rezende for expressing his opinion? Is that democratic to you? Well, I really want to live in your world then :) And no, the formula isn't good, at best it isn't optimal. No need to wear pink glasses, the world of volleyball and the world in general are not equally treated and I really expect a change of the WL's format for the new season, which will be mostly in favour of Russia. However, they might seem to forget that 2016 will be an Olympic year and teams will surely want to play with experimental squads sometimes. Which surely includes Russia as well, so it questions again their true place in Division I.

• Flavio Gulinelli is no longer head coach of Slovakia. The decision was quite expected based on Slovakia's disappointing results lately and especially the repeated failure to win the World League's Division III for a second year in a row, this time at home. Gulinelli is known for his weak coaching, so this shouldn't be a surprise at all.

• Hahaha, yes, the world must be divided into those who hate Iran and those who love Iran ;) It wasn't an Iranian who woke up the admins, it was one of the regular users here who cares about this forum more than he cares about such a meaningless non-volleyball discussion.

Yes, as admin, I can tell you your username is inappropriate! I bet you can define so many better ways/strings/things to care about to put there instead. It is provocative and overall quite intolerable. Yes, also as admin, I have the authority here to tell you that you obviously created a provocative profile with a provocative name and wrote three obviously provocative posts about Iran. Do you see the problem better now?

Hey,Come on!
    I didn't find anything wrong with this username.
    Everyone have right to be a fan of a team or not be a fan of a team or be a hater of team.If he's a hater of my country, OK , I respect it.
    As many people hate my country he has right to hate it.
    So let him continue with this username.

• There is no need for someone to state explicitely he/she/it is not a fan of something, everyone by default is not fan of anything unless declared otherwise. Btw, what if he used "not_a_fan_of_erfan"? :D

• There is no need for someone to state explicitely he/she/it is not a fan of something, everyone by default is not fan of anything unless declared otherwise. Btw, what if he used "not_a_fan_of_erfan"? :D

hahaha :D :lol:
    When someone use a team name in their username, there is two reason:
    1.They love that team so much!
    2.They hate that team so much!
    For example I don't love Bulgaria NT and I don't hate them.May I name my username "not_a_fan_of_Bulgaria" because I just don't love them.
    "not_a_fan_of_iran" means I hate Iran.It's now normal for Iranians to hear that because we hear it from people all over the world and I would be glad to hear the reason.
    Because we are terrorist?why do you think we are? because just few people in Iran go to street and shout some Bullshit, all of us should be a terrorist , right?
    And please finish this discussion and let's talk about volleyball.

P.S: Bulgarian friends, excuse me for using your NT name.It was just an example but you're great ;) :heart:

• Flavio Gulinelli is no longer head coach of Slovakia. The decision was quite expected based on Slovakia's disappointing results lately and especially the repeated failure to win the World League's Division III for a second year in a row, this time at home. Gulinelli is known for his weak coaching, so this shouldn't be a surprise at all.

IMO one of the worst coaches on high level... I can't believe he is always coaching good clubs or NT's despite failures.

• P.S: Bulgarian friends, excuse me for using your NT name.It was just an example but you're great ;) :heart:

This is exactly the point I was referring to. You felt the need to apologize because you thought people might be offended, right? ;) This is the very same problem we were discussing when he chose this username. Clearly, when you log in with a sobriquet like his, the first reason in probably more than 90% of the cases is to provoke. We don't know what he likes or why he despises Iran, then surely most of the posts will fall into that said direction. Enough of this already. The creators of the forum have stated explicitly that no anti-nation/racial/offensive statements, let alone usernames, should be tolerated, with which I fully agree, hence I already asked him to choose a different nick himself. The admin group thinks the same. Unless he chooses it himself, we will be forced to change it. End of :offtopic: