European Championship 2017 Azerbaijan&Georgia

• Overall this was not even a low quality match. Everything just seems to be going great at the Dutch side, Buijs is on fire too. Dutch are playing flawless today and even Knip is good. Well yea then it is close to impossible to beat these girls. Italy is honestly not even that bad but look not as good prepared for this Dutch team as the Dutch do against them.

• Italy could've a chance if they put Egonu as nonreceiving OH and Tirozzi as receiving opposite

Too bad it wasn't done.

Everybody on the italian side was probably stunned by the way Netherlands played and they did not recover from that.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• parrochiale is not helping ITA much...

More than Moki today, unfortunately...

Obvious problem: ITA cannot block!

Yeah that's was worring me a lot since the pool phase, we blocked Belarus twice in 4 sets and Croatia six times in 5 sets.. not positively touching very much.

Put Neriman into this Italian team and they could be unstoppable.

To be honest she wouldn't be the OH I would chose ^^'

Overall this was not even a low quality match.

:what:
    I'm obviously biased being Italian, but we played so poorly in every fundamental (except may be serve) that I really can't how this could not be a low level match (just on one side, obviously).

Belarus beating Serbia later on?

The paragone doesn't work at all, Ned was the favourite in this match... of course not that favourite, but the result is absolutely normal, even if the way it was achieved was more brutal than the expectable.

Anyway, it was such a clear defeat that somohow I can't really feel properly sad or disappointed, I'm feeling way different than after the man QF.
    May it's because I've always knew we was going to have a tough QF.

If the result itself it's not a failure (since we knew Serbia/Ned were probably going to stand in our wat), the way we played the whole tournament is a failure, one we can't justify with 'Malinov wasn't there'. In case at the end we probably missed Sylla the most, imho.

• Beautifully done :drink: Congrats to the dutch! Today's MVP award (if it ever exists) should be given to Buijs :heart: She was everywhere.

I feel sorry for Italy, but as I had already presumed a long time ago, with the Bosettis you never win anything big. Egonu was sort of a lonely fighter today and I wonder how many times they are going to keep ignoring Imma Sirressi who's absolutely the best Italian libero :rolleyes:

Now I hear Viva Hollandia (sang by Wouter Kroes) :dance6:

• they are going to keep ignoring Imma Sirressi who's absolutely the best Italian libero

I love Imma too and I was sad to learn she wasn't included in Mazzanti group, but I learned recently she said she would stay in NT only if she see a chance to grab a spot on court (not sure if it was a general statement or referred to Bonitta era).
    Anyway I didn't know Parrocchiale well and she did better than I expected.

When was the last time Italy beat Netherlands?

I don't know and I don't wanna know (at least 2 years btw).. our black beast for sure ;(
    I'm not even sure we ever won a set in the last two year

I can't believe Buijs, she only plays good at european championships

And not even the whole ECh!! Damn her :mad: :lol:

In the embarace of the defeat I forgot to congrats Ned for the amazing match and most of all for getting the semifinal, now I'm definitely hoping in a Serbia- Ned final!

• Quoted from "Emil"
    they are going to keep ignoring Imma Sirressi who's absolutely the best Italian libero

I love Imma too and I was sad to learn she wasn't included in Mazzanti group, but I learned recently she said she would stay in NT only if she see a chance to grab a spot on court (not sure if it was a general statement or referred to Bonitta era).
    Anyway I didn't know Parrocchiale well and she dud better than I expected.

Yeah and I don't think she's selfish or anything, every time she finally got a chance to be chosen in NT, she was always behind someone, once it was Cardullo back then and De Gennaro last year. I absolutely believe she's ready to play as main libero.

I remember Parrocchiale from youth NT, maybe she didn't have her best day today (Morrison said during the time out that Beatrice is being shaky in reception :roll: ), she's young, thus it's unfair to judge her only based on one game. As for De Gennaro, I don't know what's up with her, for sure the injury she has been suffering with still bothers her, however today she looked as though she was completely out of motivations.

• I really love the locker room filming they do every opening of the match. They film the male players as well and that was a blast... taping fingers...shirtless men... flexing muscles...horsing around... :heart:

FIVB should take notes. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• however today she looked as though she was completely out of motivations.

Yeah, I hope nobody will use the injuries as an excuse because we could have fight way more than this even with all the problems/misfortune we (undoubtedly) had.

We were perfectly aware that our ECh was 'easy pool + terrible quarterfinal' and we were aware that this could have lead to an early 'departure' from the ECh, but I thought we would have fought untile the very end.

• Belarusian anthem is beautiful and so is Serbian.
    Game is about to start, Serbia is definitely the favorite but I hope Belarus puts a great fight.

• And once again the arena is nearly empty and this is because the ECH is "extremely" important for all European fans.

I hope Azerbaijan reaches the final mainly because if the don`t the final will probably be played in a nearly empty arena once again.

• I remember you said you would be so careless about ECH and wow there you are again :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's your first time seeing an ECH overall. 4 years ago in Berlin, 2 years ago in Rotterdam the hall was simply full and the people showed up amazing fan vibes. Oh wait, you were so careless, right? :rolll: :aww:

Serbia starting with their best line-up.

• Mirkovic fixing Bjelica's hair in the warming-up zone, cute :win:
    The Belarusian girls seem to be anxious, that's what happens when you face up a really strong opponent.

• Yeah, I hope nobody will use the injuries as an excuse because we could have fight way more than this even with all the problems/misfortune we (undoubtedly) had.

We were perfectly aware that our ECh was 'easy pool + terrible quarterfinal' and we were aware that this could have lead to an early 'departure' from the ECh, but I thought we would have fought untile the very end.

I remember you said you would be so careless about ECH and wow there you are again :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's your first time seeing an ECH overall. 4 years ago in Berlin, 2 years ago in Rotterdam the hall was simply full and the people showed up amazing fan vibes. Oh wait, you were so careless, right? :rolll: :aww:

Serbia starting with their best line-up.

I`m watching because Serbia is playing, and it is on youtube and I can stream and watch on the big tv, it is very convenient...but watching Belarus will be a little painful.

• And once again the arena is nearly empty and this is because the ECH is "extremely" important for all European fans.

I hope Azerbaijan reaches the final mainly because if the don`t the final will probably be played in a nearly empty arena once again.

I do not hate you however, honestly I am done with you trying to provoke people at this point. You do not care about this tournament as your country doesn't take part, ok we get it. Stop being so butthurt, yes nobody cared about your favorite, super important tournament. Yes we know that tournament was more important then the Olympics, we get it. But pls cut it, If you try this once again I will have to report you :teach:

• Belarussian sounds a lot like Russian.. or is it the same language?

Tomorrow's QF matches will surely be more exciting to watch AZExGER, and especially RUSxTUR I expect to have lots of drama :lol: