Qualification tournament for the World Grand Prix 2008

• I wonder what would happen if Italy or Russia don't qualify. These teams are really strong but the European Qualification Tournament is the most balanced, so it won't be a surprise if Serbia, Netherlands, Poland and Germany qualify, for example.

And I have this feeling, if Italy and Russia don't have their main players on court during this tournament, their participation in the 2008 edition of the World Grand Prix is at stake.

I guess the other Continental QUalification Tournaments are mostly decided:

In the Asian Tournament, it seems China, Japan, Korea and Chinese Taipei will be the participating teams of next year's WGP.

In the American Tournament, things won't be much different: although both Peru and Puerto Rico can surprise the other teams, it seems Cuba, USA, Dominican Republic and Brazil will be the next year's participating teams of the WGP.

• Quote from "Celso"

I wonder what would happen if Italy or Russia don't qualify. These teams are really strong but the European Qualification Tournament is the most balanced, so it won't be a surprise if Serbia, Netherlands, Poland and Germany qualify, for example.

In the Asian Tournament, it seems China, Japan, Korea and Chinese Taipei will be the participating teams of next year's WGP.

true, if azerbaijan does not qualify thru europe, then it will has its place in 08 gp

im not so sure about korea -- it seems to me that korea does nt have that kind of sucession like japan lol

i wonder when will 08gp be held, b4 or after olympic :oops:

• Quote from "colossus"

true, if azerbaijan does not qualify thru europe, then it will has its place in 08 gp

im not so sure about korea -- it seems to me that korea does nt have that kind of sucession like japan lol

i wonder when will 08gp be held, b4 or after olympic :oops:

WGP04 was held before the OG, so I guess the same will happen :wink2:

• From America, the four teams qualified are:

Cuba
    Brazil
    USA
    Dominican Republic

• Quote from "bobaas"

sisam, where you find this info?

It is prodably that Poland won't send A team to Turkey. There are rumours that on qualification will go team B which will be play on Universiad.

This information was on the website of Dutch Federation a few weeks ago. I can't access the site now to give you the exact URL, but it was there...

• Timetable

Pool I

GP-01 03.09.2007 / 15:30 RUSSIA vs POLAND 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-03 03.09.2007 / 20:30 BULGARIA vs GERMANY 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-05 04.09.2007 / 18:00 GERMANY vs RUSSIA 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-07 05.09.2007 / 15:30 POLAND vs GERMANY 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-09 05.09.2007 / 20:30 RUSSIA vs BULGARIA 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-11 06.09.2007 / 18:00 BULGARIA vs POLAND 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0

Pool II

GP-02 03.09.2007 / 18:00 TURKEY vs AZERBAIJAN 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-04 04.09.2007 / 15:30 ITALY vs AZERBAIJAN 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-06 04.09.2007 / 20:30 SERBIA vs TURKEY 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-08 05.09.2007 / 18:00 ITALY vs SERBIA 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-10 06.09.2007 / 15:30 AZERBAIJAN vs SERBIA 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0
    GP-12 06.09.2007 / 20:30 ITALY vs TURKEY 0 : 0 -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- 0:0 0

news from cev.lu

• Quote from "Justyna"

[u][b]4-9 September 2007 Ankara (Turkey)

hi, justyna, have the fivb decided the excat dates for gp 08 yet, thx 8)
    some dates appeared on the newspaper i read, but couldnt confirm :cry2:

• Quote from "colossus"

hi, justyna, have the fivb decided the excat dates for gp 08 yet, thx 8)
    some dates appeared on the newspaper i read, but couldnt confirm :cry2:

Preliminary Round 20 June - 6 July, 2008
    Finals 8 - 13 July, 2008

• hi guys.we all know the teams in this qualification tournament but which teams do you think will qualify for WGP08?this is a very important tournament for turkey because our team has always played good in this tournament but in the final matches we lost(last year in varna after winning against italy and russia 3-2 we lost against serbia 3-2 and 3-0 to italy in the play-off)and unfortunately our team couldn't qualify for WGP.this year ı am sure that our girls will play good before turkish spectators.in my opinion russia poland italy and TURKEY will qualify for WGP08 at least ı hope so.what do you think about this tournament?who are the strong teams?

• Quote from "DEMIR17"

hi guys.we all know the teams in this qualification tournament but which teams do you think will qualify for WGP08?this is a very important tournament for turkey because our team has always played good in this tournament but in the final matches we lost(last year in varna after winning against italy and russia 3-2 we lost against serbia 3-2 and 3-0 to italy in the play-off)and unfortunately our team couldn't qualify for WGP.this year ı am sure that our girls will play good before turkish spectators.in my opinion russia poland italy and TURKEY will qualify for WGP08 at least ı hope so.what do you think about this tournament?who are the strong teams?

In my opinion: Russia, Italy, Turkey and Poland will qualified ...but perhaps (if Polish team will qualified to final six of Grand Prix) Polish federation will send the universiade team.

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

In Ankara we will see first squad of Polish NT and... Glinka will be there! (as a player of course)

really? :shock:
    no universiade team??? awww that would be great! and also good for glinka to get back to the team!

• Yes.

I hope, that Bonitta will enlist some girls from old teams. I mean Mirek or Bamber. And if they'll be in squad, that this tournament will be check for those players.
    I hope that Kamila Frątczak will be back!! She is great player, but she was injured many times... and nobody know, 'what's up' with Kamila.

• POLAND in WGP 2008!!!!
    Here is article, but in Polish: