Men's World Championship 2018

• This Brazil vs France game is rough but very fun to watch! Momentum swings like crazy!

I agree and it's a pretty heated match as well. Wallace had a yellow card violation

• 4 points in a row for Brazil to seal the match. I dont know what happened to Brizzard. He kept sending to Ngapeth and that caused them a match.

Brizzard had chanes to set Le Goff in the middle but I don't think he trusts him at such a pivotal point in the martch bad decision making on his part.

• 4 points in a row for Brazil to seal the match. I dont know what happened to Brizzard. He kept sending to Ngapeth and that caused them a match.

I do think the same. We know Ngapeth is the first player you would set in such a tight tie-break, but brazilian block was already up waiting for him.

Brizzard could have at least set one ball to Le Goff. Even the pass was perfect two times :aww:Brazilians middle blockers were already going to close the diagonal spike from Ngapeth.

We shouldnt forget Douglas was key in the tie-break too. After so many critics, he is showing why he should be in the NT.

Anyway, it was a entertaining match.

• Brizzard had chanes to set Le Goff in the middle but I don't think he trusts him at such a pivotal point in the martch bad decision making on his part.

Yeah, kinda like that. When they received so well, except for the last one though,... he could have gone to either Boyer at 4 or pipe or middle. I hope he gets his lessons learned soon. I have watched all the matches France went to 5. They tend to lose if Brizzard was playing.

• Overall, 18 kill blocks for Brazil. It seems Brasil did their homework with regard to their blocking. On the other hand it is also bad risk management on the french side, a team usuallly famed for smart hitting and their defensive ability....

• Unbelievable game by Zaytsev so far.

But he is doing it in such an arrogant way that his teammates lost concentration and excitement in the second part of the second set.

If Belgium has any winning character , they can use Italy's lack of concentration at this part of the match

and they are making mistake after mistake :)

• Italy plays so cleanly. I wonder how long this will last.

Seems like Slovenia is the only team of this group capable of putting them into a messier situation. Argentina is also capable but they look badly put together as a team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Wow, wonderful performance for Italy today! (I actually saw only half of the match, but everybody seems to agree about it and the result speaks for itself).

I'm very happy for this victory, because it was important, because I didn't expect such a clear result and especially because we gained it playing very well. I hope we can keep up with it!

Giannelli is my MVP, and I know I'm partial, but Lucchetta said the same so I'm gonna stick with it :P

Zaytsev stellar as well, 5 aces!

Good to see the hall full ;)

• Has anyone noticed the 'favorable' accomodation of schedule that Italy and Bulgaria have? they always have at least an extra day of rest compared to their group opponents. All their opponents must also play another match the day before they play Italy/Bulgaria.

The only exceptions are Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, but obviously Italy/Bulgaria didn't care about them because they are the weakest teams.

• Has anyone noticed the 'favorable' accomodation of schedule that Italy and Bulgaria have? they always have at least an extra day of rest compared to their group opponents. All their opponents must also play another match the day before they play Italy/Bulgaria.

The only exceptions are Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, but obviously Italy/Bulgaria didn't care about them because they are the weakest teams.

Wait, you are surprised that the hosts arranged the schedule? Hmm... Who would've thought? :)

With a schedule of 2 matches per day instead of 3, every team, regardless of sequence of opponents, gets some desired rest between the 5 matches. Some more, some less. The real question to me is not why Italy and Bulgaria preferred some opponents on certain days, but rather why the Netherlands and Cuba weren't given the chance to rest like all the others. It would ideally mean rearranging just one of their matches, so that they don't have to play for 4 days in a row, like they will now (during the next 4 days). This is what I consider rather unfair and seriously diminishes both teams' chances of advancing further.

• I hate it when the coach favors his son. He gave-up the serving game.

Why is Le Roux not playing?

I hadn't! Well, I guess YavorD is right, we shouldn't be very surprised about it... I thought the order of the match was decided by sorting, anyway? (For example, having Italy vs Rep Dom on Sunday isn't a great marketing choice, so I thought it wasn't decided 'on the table'... but may be the wanted the theoretically easiest match the only time we plays twice in a row...)

the outdoor arena where ITA played its first match, what do they use it for normally?

Mostly tennis, but also beach volleyball was and will be host there.

About Italy-Belgium again, this was the 100th Giannelli's match with the NT, impressive. And what a way to celebrate it!

Can someone provide a link for a full stats report of the matches? The sheet on the FIVB website is lacking % and only put there the top 3 for each fundamental...

Anyway, Zaytsev yesterday with an impressive 15/17 in attack (88%), Lanza 10/14 /71%, but*). I was curios about Mazzone as well, he was very effective imho (as Anzani). --> 86% for Mazzone, I read it on facebook.

For the record, I don't think he acted arrogantly. Unless normally celebrating with your teammates or the public is being arrogant...

Now that I watched the whole match, I can say we played almost flawlessly, we just messed up a bit at the end of the first set with 3 bad errors almost in a row (twice wasting Colaci efforts).

Probably we could have been slightly more effective with the block, sometimes we were a bit too far from the net.

*Belgium managed to block us only twice (both vs Lanza, the first time on a soft tip), but the first point was given to Italy because of a (supposed) net touch called by the video check (I think it was only the ball...) and the second one the first referee had missed the line-referee flag on a line-touch for the service line, so Italy got the point anyway.

Considering they blocked 15 Argentina, two days ago... Well, good job to our spikers ^^

• Any livestream for the matches today?