Men's World Championship 2018

• You bring your wins and points to second round so a loss tomorrow will likely eliminate France from Final Six.

I’m very curious what De Cecco’s problem is. First he abruptly got married in the middle of the final series without the presence of his family then has taken whole summer to deal with a personal problem . It is interesting that he is getting free pass by Argentian fans .

BTW ; do you think Zaytsev’s target video ,#sorrynotsorry, a bit offensive to De Cecco?

• I’m very curious what De Cecco’s problem is.

Velasco said "He said he's fine, but his mind is elsewhere".

I'm very sorry for him :(

BTW ; do you think Zaytsev’s target video ,#sorrynotsorry, a bit offensive to De Cecco?

I think they played together for 2 years, so I a gentle tease is a very normal things (it wouldn't be if he didn't personally know the 'victim'), especially after a 'captain derby'.

Still, I wondered if he knows what problem Luciano had...

• Pool E (Milano)

1A Italia

2B Olanda (Brasile, Canada, Francia)

3C Serbia/Russia

4D Finlandia

Pool F (Bologna)

1B Brasile (Canada, Olanda)

2A Belgio/Slovenia

3A Slovenia/Belgio

4C Australia

Pool G (Sofia)

1C USA*

2D Iran (Polonia, Bulgaria)

3D Bulgaria (Iran, Polonia)

4B Canada (Francia, Brasile)

*giving for granted a victory vs Tunisia

Pool H (Varna)

1D Polonia (Bulgaria)

2C Russia (Serbia)

3B Francia (Olanda, Canada, Brasile)

4A Argentina (Giappone)

It France'll finish third it seems like an hard job to get to the final6...

• Maybe De Cecco is changing citizenship like Orduña?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• France cannot beat Canada on sets ratio if tied on wins and points

• brahmin, I didn't understand. Is it just a specific, or a correction?

If France will beat Canada 3-0 or 3-1, they'll be ahed of them.

Ps anyway I didn't do the math, just copied it from volleyball.it with a bit of correction on Serbia/Russia (I actually forgot the correction in pool H) and Belgio/Slovenia: I considered these two couple of teams like 'having even chance of being 2nd/3rd', while them said Slovenia and Russia are more chance to be 2nd than respectively Belgio and Serbia.

• Maybe De Cecco is changing citizenship like Orduña?

Orduna did that because he hasn't been good enough to play for Argentina, so he uses his italian citizenship to get signed easier by italian clubs.

If De Cecco changes something, then it means he's planning to not play international volleyball anymore (also, he's already 30). I see him retiring soon, but I would like to think he wants to try one more olympics.

• brahmin, I didn't understand. Is it just a specific, or a correction?

If France will beat Canada 3-0 or 3-1, they'll be ahed of them.

Ps anyway I didn't do the math, just copied it from volleyball.it with a bit of correction on Serbia/Russia (I actually forgot the correction in pool H) and Belgio/Slovenia: I considered these two couple of teams like 'having even chance of being 2nd/3rd', while them said Slovenia and Russia are more chance to be 2nd than respectively Belgio and Serbia.

He said "tied in points and wins", if France wins 3-0 or 3-1 they will be tied in wins but not in points: Canada will have 9 and France 11. He's talking about the case in which France wins 3-2, they will be tied in both but Canada will still have better set ratio.

• Is there any livestream for Japan-Argentina game? :drink:

• Here (argentinian channel that broadcasts the games): http://www.tvpublica.com.ar/vivo/

Thank you, i have tried it but unfortunately it wouldn’t allow me as I’m in uk :wall:

• Iran also messed up by losing an important point in their last match of the preliminaries.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Argentina is such a unstable team. They could compete against Italy in one match, but then in the verge to lose a set against Dominican Republic or lost against an already eliminated Japan team.

It should be quite frustrating for Velasco. Btw...how could you set the last ball to Lima? :gone:

I am happy that Argentina qualified to the next round, however, congrats to Japan for their effort.

• He said "tied in points and wins", if France wins 3-0 or 3-1 they will be tied in wins but not in points: Canada will have 9 and France 11. He's talking about the case in which France wins 3-2, they will be tied in both but Canada will still have better set ratio.

I know he said that, but what I was wondering is why :P

I mean, it seemed like a correction, but it wasn't actually correcting something, just adding an info...

Unless he didn't agree with the teams in the brackets?

Japan won, I didn't expected that. Not that one/two points made a great difference for Argentina's hope to get to Turin, but still...

• I know that but those points matter, like, to finish above Australia or Finland in the final ranking. Now, we will finish even below those teams and our world ranking will fall apart.

• I know that but those points matter, like, to finish above Australia or Finland in the final ranking. Now, we will finish even below those teams and our world ranking will fall apart.

Just relax. Argentina have more chances to qualify to the olympics than the 90% of Europe. :gone:

#FreeBritney