Men's World Championship 2018

• Argentina is giving a hand to France. And also to Russia.

Lets see if they can close this fourth set and the match. So glad to see De Cecco back again :teach:

• Argentina isnt a bad team at all. When the game is on, Argentina can be a very dangerous team. USA could agree after what happened 4 years ago in Poland :wavy:

And we shouldnt forget that Velasco is also there.

Unfortunately, Argentina is usually beaten by their own (silly) mistakes. It is a very unstable team.

USA wasn't a powerhouse after beijing olympics until Russell and Jaeschke came out of NCAA and Anderson permanently became USA's premier opposite.

It was said that losing Sean Rooney and Reid Priddy hurt USA a lot that Anderson had to go back to OH and so the collapse in World Championship happened for the current World League champion of that year.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• From 20-17 to 23-25...

That ball out by Sole was the key point of the set.

• Classic Heynen. :teach:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Cant beleive Argentina will be robbed by the second time in this WCH. First against Italy in that tight third set and now :down:

• i didn't get why, on first challenge, the ball was replayed.

On second challenge, i do think the argentinian player touched the ball after the polish one....

What a weird match ;(

Congrats argentina:super:

• awww Velasco is cute making his victory run. :heart:

#FreeBritney

• JUSTICE for Argentina! - that was really an awful couple of points...

• Contras Argentina!

I have never watched Mr Velasco behaving like that :rolll:

Argentina lost 2 crucial point by clearly miscalls. I thouught it was ended for them. Crer was serving out during the whole match, but in the key moment, he served all the balls in and even harm polish reception.

• ayyy congrats to Argentina! I'm really glad they could do it, even though I was hoping they could've won in four sets. Hope they keep bothering the other teams until this WCH eventually ends for them.

• Poland without Kubiak are not quite the same.. hopefully he is fit to play the other matches.. At least they got a point from this game. Hopefully Argentina gives everyone a headache just make things more fun lol.

• indeed, if Russia is in shape, they should be able to beat all opponents at the moment.

I absolutely agree! The results said they quite overplayed the Ned...

They always choke in the big competitons.

I don't think that's true... But I must say that when they choke, they did badly.

Where's Kubiak? He isn't in the roster today it seems. Injured or being rested for the other games?

I read it when I already knew the result, but I still find it unthinkable!

If Poland can't even beat Argentina, they can say goodbye to F6.

Argentina isn't very constant but can be a real pain to play against, especially when they start digging everything.

So glad to see De Cecco back again

Yey!! Did he play as titular?

Finland libero wonderfully digged twice in a row (in the same action) a very good pipe by Juantorena (not touched by the block): that must be a record ;)

Congrats to the winners!

Bel-Slo ended 0-3, but the the first two sets both ended 26-28 (the third was less fought, tough).

• Poland without Kubiak are not quite the same.. hopefully he is fit to play the other matches.. At least they got a point from this game. Hopefully Argentina gives everyone a headache just make things more fun lol.

Main problem for Poland today was the lack of contribution by their opposites. Both Kurek and Konarski underperformed.