Men's World Championship 2018

• Well, Serbia won vs Russia and Brazil lost vs Ned, and Serbia faced quite well stronger teams than Brazil (USA and Russia – I don't count France because they both played vs them and I don't count Poland because it was almost a meaningless match), so to me it's possible that Serbia is playing better, right now (which is different of 'being' better).

Plus, personally I haven't watch the playing this WCh, but many people here complained about Brazil games...

On the fact that Brazil can never been underestimated, I do agree, that's exactly what I meant before. The Olympic are the proof, and obviously I remember that very, very well ;)

Calendar:

26 SETTEMBRE
    Ore 17.00 Brasile – Russia (Pool J)

Ore 21.15 Italia – Serbia (Pool I)

27 SETTEMBRE
    Ore 17.00 Stati Uniti – Russia (Pool J)

Ore 20.30 Polonia – Serbia (Pool I)

28 SETTEMBRE
    Ore 17.00 Brasile – Stati Uniti (Pool J)

Ore 21.15 Italia – Polonia (Pool I)

I'm pretty upset Italy will play on Wednesday, I won't be able to watch it I'm afraid :(

• I think Serbia was very lucky in this tournament. Both USA and Russia started slowly and an unconditioned France did not take their chances with them in the second round giving perfect opportunities for the balkans to advance in the round of six.

If Brazil were in France's shoes in the second round, I don't think they'll be making the same mistakes that hounded Tillie's team. The difference with Brazil and France, it's not just Ngapeth's team and Wallace is very experienced compared to Boyer.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I think Serbia was very lucky in this tournament. Both USA and Russia started slowly and an unconditioned France did not take their chances with them in the second round giving perfect opportunities for the balkans to advance in the round of six.

If Brazil were in France's shoes in the second round, I don't think they'll be making the same mistakes that hounded Tillie's team. The difference with Brazil and France, it's not just Ngapeth's team and Wallace is very experienced compared to Boyer.

That's funny, Russia's loss was because they started slowly, did anyone force them to do so? And Serbia's wins were because of luck.

• Italy played one of their best volleyball in recent years and still lost against Russia.

If USA or Serbia experienced half of that service pressure Russia put unto Italy, the russians would have been the Pool leaders of their group. Just sayin'.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• But that kind of pressure from the service line it's not something you can pull out every match, even if you're Russia.

Then it's true that a very good team is able to to his best in the most crucial moments, more than in less influent moments.

People keep talking about conspiracy theories favouring Italy.. Is that possible?

The sorting were held live with Boricic (I think...?) there and a Brazilian sorting out the teams.

Having said so, the most important sort (the one for the pools) was made by an Italian and AFTER knowing the teams, so theoretically it's possible.

About the calendar, I think it was scheduled from the beginning that the E/F team was going to play the first and third match in the final6, but may be I'm wrong.

• Thank you very much.. That makes perfect sense.. Let's see

• people should see how this "draw" looked like... it's on YT... like seriously?

I'm Polish so I should be glad it happened, but if I was from USA/RUS/BRA I would not let this go

• here it is:

Yikes.:gone:

#FreeBritney

• I feel like they haven't even done any effort to cover it up, lol :D do they think people are idiots? wtf

hope Italy finishes 4th

• Well, I was curios to compare them, and it doesn't seem to me that it's very different from the Poland sorting (the transparent boule, the president that call one person for the host and one for another participant, the fact that the first sort wasn't the most important, the way they mixed the balls/eggs), even if the rules were slightly different so it's not the exact same procedure.

http://poland2014.fivb.org/en/…fter-key-drawing?id=49388

Ps I think you shouldn't exaggerate with the insinuations: one thing it's saying it's possible it happened (and I was the first to say that cheating was theoretically possible, mind that), another thing is to call a stupid who doesn't think it's obvious...

In this forum there is always this thing of thinking worst about Italy, it's getting a bit annoying.

We can discuss about the fairness of the privileges of being a host (which definitely exist!), even in terms of 'tendency of the referee to favor them', but insinuating a willing-to-activelty-cheat it's a bit different.

Do I have to recall you that most than one person claimed Serbia would have never played not-to-win vs Poland, while Italy would have played to lose vs Ned if they had won vs Russia the day before? And I specify that for me 'playing to lose' it's very different that 'playing with the subs that may lose'.

Pps I'm not saying Serbia played to lose on purpose, I just think they lacked of motivation, unlike Poland

• I guess a clear container makes more sense than a covered one to avoid switching.

#FreeBritney

• But at the same time a clear container theoretically allow you to follow the mixing, especially were the balls are just 2.

And since both the ball are checked anyway, a real exchange it's hard to pull of on plain sight.

• come on, they first pick the Team, and only later they pick the Pool... why not open them at the same time? it would a bit more easy to believe...

besides, two balls with sth black written on them, the guy is staring at them all the time... I don't know...

watch 7:10-7:45 the guy on the left, he was staring at the balls all the time and when they say USA and he grabbed directly the one with the other group and didn't let go of it while shaking the balls. Once he "picked" the pool, the Brazilian guy seeing this, gave his friends "a look"

I'm really not a conspiracy theories person but this is just ridicoulous

PS KK15, I didn't call anyone idiot what is wrong with u?