Men's World Championship 2018

• It's not very difficult to be Nostradamus when it's a FIVB tournament.

• For who can access it, Rai2 will transmit live 5 of the 6 matches (only tomorrow evening match won't be hired).

It's a very huge achievement for Italian volleyball: having the NT on Rai2 in a not-Olympic tournament was usually really rare, but from the 2016 OG several match of WL/VNL and of the ECh were aired there.

For this WCh, Italy was always broadcasted there with very good results in terms of audience (around 10% of the share or more, with more than 3 million for the match vs Russia), but very few matches of the other pools were transmitted, all on Raisport (not Rai2) and often not live.

So, having matches that WITHOUT Italy aired on Rai2 is probably a first, or at least a first in more than a decade, I guess. Especially since we're still not talking about final and semifinals.

I wonder what will happen if Italy won't pass: I'm afraid in that case the evening matches will be on Raisport, not Rai2...

• Ps I can't believe Heynen comment of the final6 was "I feel tired, stupid, and old: tired for the 12 hours travel, stupid because I'm the only one who can't speak his team tongue, old because I'm the only one that coached at the 2014 WCh." :lol::rolll:

An Kubiak said he's positive they can beat Italy and Serbia 8) (that's not my face about it, it's the face I imagined him doing saying it 8o)

• Ps I can't believe Heynen comment of the final6 was "I feel tired, stupid, and old: tired for the 12 hours travel, stupid because I'm the only one who can't speak his team tongue, old because I'm the only one that coached at the 2014 WCh." :lol::rolll:

Well, Speraw was also USA's coach back then, but never mind :D

I looked at some stats today and it really seemed like, although I didn't compare all teams and I am not prepared to comment on each teams' overall position, the Chinese did some nice work blocking at the net. In 4 of their 5 matches they outblocked their opponents, scoring some very decent numbers even against France and Brazil when they lost in 3 sets. The match against the Netherlands was the only exception, the Dutch dominated almost clearly everywhere and China stuffed them only 4 times in as many sets. So, as weird as it seems, China were among the best blocking teams in the tournament. These are just numbers, of course, and it proves how ridiculously they underperformed and disappointed even when they did fine at the net.

Also, Salparov leads the current ranking for diggers :huh: Which doesn't speak too well for other liberos because Salparov is one of Bulgaria's weakest links at the moment. These stats sheets really show weird contribution at times, although they tend to measure the game quite well from mathematical and theoretical points of view.

• The hall seems quite empty for a Final 6 :white:

I know Italy isnt playing yet, but in Bologna, where Italy wasnt even there, the hall was almost always full.

• I wonder if Volkov practices his sliding celebration during training. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Mikhaylov seems being controlled by the brazilian block and defense.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• So I think Kurkaev unofficially is Russia's second MB after Muserskiy and Volvich lost his starting spot

• Mikhaylov seems being controlled by the brazilian block and defense.

And Mikahylov just unleashed a bomb :lol:

• I'm not liking Brazil very much so far (but started watching after 10)...

The hall seems quite empty for a Final 6 :white:

I know Italy isnt playing yet, but in Bologna, where Italy wasnt even there, the hall was almost always full.

Imho many people bought the tickets mostly for the Italian matches (I mean, they're probably not that volleyball fans, more like Italian fans), and probably won't leave works early for the afternoon match.

The matches are all sold out, anyway. Even tomorrow, with my surprise. (or at least, you can't buy it, so I guess they're finished.)

Bologna was during the weekend (except Friday), and it's an area very fond of volleyball (very close to Modena, for example).

• Polataev with 2 important saves/digs to bag the 1st set.

• Mikhaylov is quite off. Maybe try Polataev.

And Lucas slide attack is always a thing of beauty.

• LOL Wallace passes a dunk to Muserskiy smh

• This Russia x Brazil match is kinda.. boring lol

• Douglas is not playing well. Let's see what Kadu can do.

#FreeBritney