Men's World Championship 2018

• The quality of games of both teams is Round 1 level. RUS is playing a little stronger.

• William shouldn't be blocking anymore.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Good one BRA. Final round officially starts now...stay tuned :drink:

• Russia's getting too predictable.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• If Russia lose to Brazil today, they have no choice but to win against the US tomorrow that makes it an elimination match for them.

• I was sure Volkov serve on 24-23 for Brazil was in!!

Anyway, now it's getting more interesting, because both of the results and the actions ;) Still not the highest level possible, though.

• Double libero system is brilliantly working for Brazil.

#FreeBritney

• I guess that Lucas block is THE moment of the match.

#FreeBritney

• Russia easily taking care of Brazil, not that I expected anything different

Yeah, sure...

• Wow!

Congrats Brazil! I wasn't expecting them to win, especially after the first two sets!

I kept saying they always step up when it matters the most, but after all I still underestimate them! ;)

• Congrats Brazil !!

Although Russian team worked well with Butko, I don't like his game especially on how to use MBs.

• One thing that Renan has done right is to have the confidence to take Bruno out and risk William with his height. I guess he feels as much as they can lose points, they can still be in control of their offensive game. I think this is one of his best decisions as a coach. Also, being able to play these big matches with quite key players missing is credit to Renan as a coach for getting them ready to compete..

Mauricio Souza continues to disappoint - he should have been taken out after the first set. He can make spectacular blocks at times, but he can also be rather absent in matches.

Russia's been up and down this world cup. Yes Brazil can raise their level, but still they could have won this match... It'll be interesting to see their approach to the match against USA...

• Alekno said before this competition that Russia had no competition in this world championship and were clear favourites...He just put a lot of pressure on Shylapnikov if Russia don't even make it to the final (which of course they still can)

• I won't say it's just only William. Renan made quite some changes during the game and it worked. You forgot to list Brazil's double libero. I think that change is the best and helped William play his game.

Brazil improved after Thales and Maique divided duties in reception and defense. It seems the concentration was better for both and for the team.

#FreeBritney

• Completely agree with that! I have to say I hope Maique stays in this team - he is very good defensively.