Men's World Championship 2018

• So Serbia and Poland are doing a Sweden vs Denmark? Why does everybody hate Italy? Envious?

Oh c'mon, Serbia was always there, very close. Of course didn't play as yesterday, but it doesn't seem to me they didn't want to win.

And the formula is the real problem.

Kovacevic my MVP for Serbia.

Italian commentators complaining about Serbia losing on purpose... :rolll::rolll:

When? May be I've missed, but I thought they were just saying Serbia was already sure to be qualified by point ratio after the first two sets, so was less driven...

What an idiot! Try to block with his head... Genius.

Actually, he tried NOT to block...

• This is not an act, OK? Can't you feel the tension? Serbia had one job, just one, which was winning a set, and they could't pull it off, I'm beyond mad right now:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Serbia didn't need a set anymore after the very close two set.

But I totally agree it wasn't an act.

As it wasn't in Italy-Canada at the OG, anyway.

• Too bad for Italy. I think the championship and olympic window just closed for them. Without any potential pos 4 players in sight, Juantorena's condition also failing to retirement and Lanza committing heinous volleyball crimes. If they fail to qualify for the olympics... It'll be an eye opening moment for FIPAV. It'll be a decision to make considering everything happening for the italians who can't make the jump to the highest italian domestic league.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• When? May be I've missed, but I thought they were just saying Serbia was already sure to be qualified by point ratio after the first two sets, so was less driven...

Since the second half of the third set they were underlining every mistake by the serbians (for example one service mistake and two blocks on Atanasikevic in a row). And in the last points they were making noice to underline the bad passes (even talking about Rosic being amazing against Italy and got aced by Poland). :whistle:

• Poland doesn't need dirty tricks in order to win matches (or tournaments). It's over, Italy needs to win 3:0 triple 25-20 (according to gazzetta.it), not going to happen even if they play with all bench players.

Whoever did the calendar in order to help Italy was a moron, this should have been the first match of the group.

• poland winning = weak opponent or opponent’s cheating somehow

I didn't openly mentioned it (sorry, too upset to think straight now), but of course when saying that Serbia did try to win, imho, I'm implying Poland played very good.

Our commentators said they were doing what Serbia did yesterday vs Italy, and I mostly agree (but I think Serbia did better than Italy).

Anyway, Italy """only""" needs to won 3-0 without letting Poland score more than 60 points (or with at least 16 points of difference, as you prefer).

Easy Peasy :lol:

• Too bad for Italy. I think the championship and olympic window just closed for them. Without any potential pos 4 players in sight, Juantorena's condition also failing to retirement and Lanza committing heinous volleyball crimes. If they fail to qualify for the olympics... It'll be an eye opening moment for FIPAV. It'll be a decision to make considering everything happening for the italians who can't make the jump to the highest italian domestic league.

Unfortunately this. Federvolley needs its own disaster just like the football team missing the wch this year. The dinosaurs will never let it go until every team in the league will be playing with an all American/Serbian team while young Italians are rotting on the bench and make their first appearance in the NT at 30. Beijing 2008 qualification tournament was the final call. They didn't listen.

• Since the second half of the third set they were underlining every mistake by the serbians (for example one service mistake and two blocks on Atanasikevic in a row). And in the last points they were making noice to underline the bad passes (even talking about Rosic being amazing against Italy and got aced by Poland). :whistle:

Of course, they obviously didn't like they mistakes, as they don't like when Italy does mistakes. I can't see any accusation of conspiracy in it.

Yes, they implied Serbia was slowing down his rhythm when they secured the qualification (I don't even know if the players knew, anyway), but as natural consequences of not having the obligation to win.

Nico

They said Serbia – for point ratio – is already sure to be qualified, but at the same time, theoretically Italy has the chance to be first of the pool (if Poland lose 3-0 with less than 52 points...)

So I guess – if it's all true – that Serbia is sure, while Poland not?

• let's wait and see what happens tomorrow :teach:

• I didn't openly mentioned it (sorry, too upset to think straight now), but of course when saying that Serbia did try to win, imho, I'm implying Poland played very good.

It wasn’t exactly to you.

Excuse me, but as far as I like to read the comments here about the championships, the posts about Poland recently (the team that I support and I don’t hide it) are really annoying, which in most cases are just hate and not constructive criticism. So had to cut those down a little.

Let’s just have fun watching volleyball ;-)

Hope to see good exciting matches tomorrow.

• Renan has been suspended for the match of tomorrow against USA. I dont know if you remember that during a point in the tie-break a ball rolled into the court. I thought it was a mistake by a ballkid. However, Renan was the one who, on purpose, threw the ball in in order to stop the rally...

Just saw a video of that on Youtube and it's the dirtiest thing I've ever seen in a match, rolling a ball intentionally on court in order to prevent the opponent from getting a point, and that at 14-11 in tie-break. Velasco's misbehavior was the result of an emotional match with questionable referee calls, but what Renan did was purely disgusting :down::down::down:

• Kurkaev has really proved himself this WC

• Matthias, I thought I've already posted the video and an almost exact copy of your comment, but now I remembered I was interrupted for dinner :P

Terrible action indeed, very premeditated. Only one day of disqualification as Velasco is ridiculous.

Anyway, I hate how Italian occasional fans on Gazzetta (so, probably most of them are soccer fans...) are all saying it was a 'biscotto'.

Someone even pointed out how Kovacevic funnily failed a reception in the third as prove of that, when he played a wonderful match. And of course they don't know Kovacevic that well if they don't know he can do things like that in reception :P