Men's World Championship 2018

• After Kaziyski I felt Juantorena became a first option attacker of every team he's in. He also had to do a ton of serve reception which doesn't help at all in preparing himself for the national team.

Lanza is also not what you can consider an optimal partner for Juantorena because he's a streaky attacker which puts so much pressure on Juantorena as a receiver as he also have to attack if the reception is not perfect.

I think that kind of work is crushing Juantorena's physical condition bit by bit. Merging club and national team probably is not helping his adaptation in the Azzurri alongside his age.

hmmm no.

• You know your tournament formula is a joke when in the last match before the semifinals two teams play with their bench players :wall:

I agree. It's a long known issue with competition formats. However, now that I think of it, on almost every major tournament we've had more or less meaningless matches, calculcations, bench players coming in, etc. Elimination rounds, like at the Olympics, whose formula I favour the most, reduce these chances, but then the last round in the group stage is still a place where one can theoretically do some Math based on results. And it is not really applicable entirely for a 24-team event.

But I have always been in favour of elimination matches at WCHs. The ECH format is often manipulated in the group stages, not later, and it is questionable whether it will obliterate bench players from shining on court.

So...... I have a question about sportdeutschland.tv.

Some of the replays there are still missing (matches from round 2), does anyone know if they are going to upload all the matches eventually or some of them just won't be there?

Unfortunately, that's the very same reason why I subscribed to the FIVB TV. With the exception of the opening day (09.09. and 12.09.) when they uploaded all matches on demand, there are missing matches overall and only a limited selection is available. Such was the case with the VNL during the summer. I am afraid you can't really access those and we just have to live with it :( What I didn't try was writing them and letting them know, maybe this can result in fixing their uploads and search algorithms.

It's not like they can control which team to battle in the semifinal. Might as well rest the titulars and give playing time to the bench players.

Neither USA not Brazil cared about their eventual SF opponents. And of course they didn't, a day of rest before the semifinals where you would meet a European, non-Russian team is more important than calculating. Just for the sakes of Math, when Serbia had a neutral set ration and a positive points ration, it had been 100% certain they would advance and finish second of the group. It was mathematically impossible for Serbia to top the group, no matter of the final score in ITA-POL. So even if neither USA nor Brazil cared, it had been known that the winner would get Serbia today.

• hmmm no. Who Juantorena missed was clearly Stoychev. Only coach that forced him to train. In Post-Stoychev era, he stopped training. At some point his physical decline started to overshadow his technical perfectness. Look at him. He is jumping at least 20 cm less, legendary serve is nowhere to be seen and couldn't cope with tall blocks. In today's volleyball you can't survive without good physical preparation. Yes age always plays a role but same thing can be said about Earvin Ngapeth who is much younger. As great as his talent and technique ,nowadays he is in free fall . Only Alekno can save him

Maybe...but I don't think Juantorena called his cuban friend from Sada Cruzeiro to do his dirty laundry.

Leal will probably play as the Kaziyski and Juantorena will go back being as Juantorena.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Any stream for SRBxBRA?

• Brazil is outplaying Serbia in everything except for the block so far.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Brazil finally scoring from a block kill. If they could actually have some decent touches, they would've easily won the first set.

#FreeBritney

• Kovacevic is finding all the craziest angles.:obey:

#FreeBritney

• After a good start, Jovovic is finally malfunctioning.

#FreeBritney

• Lipe and the two liberos are the weakest links of Brazil so far but Brazil is playing really good as a team.

#FreeBritney

• This isn't even entertaining. I mean Brazil just shut all the door for Serbia as of now.

I don't know, I still found it quite entertaining, thanks to mostly nice actions. It's a pity Serbia could't keep Brazil close: Lucas blocks turned the sets.

Souza forgot the basic rule of volleyball in the second-last action :lol: