2015 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Very powerful block/defense by Italy today.

21 blocks is amazing.

• who will be added to this italian squad?
    leo ,del core?

this squad close to italian A team
    japanese team is younger than italian

Im not comparing both teams... ;)

dispite being A team or not, its a roster with not much international experience, Malinov, Chirichella, Gennari, Sorokaite. IMO, they are very promising, but they still need to learn how to manage some situations in the game...for many times this WGP they let sets in control slip away...but of course that is exactly why they are playing the WGP, to gain experience.

Japanese team is also young, of course....but each team has a different thing they need to work and improve...I was just comenting what I though has been Italian main problem so far... ;)

• The Italians was better in the end, but good game for this young Japanese team, Koga score 28 points.

• congrats italy...they played a good match...they served better than japan and defended as agood as japan thanks to libero,bosetti and gennari..they were much better at block than japan..
    gennari has been useful for italy...malinov is a promising setter for italy..
    its not easy to beat japan in japan on the other hand japan played with some youngsters like miyabe,koga,miyaşita etc..

• Leo, Del Core, Piccinini and Centoni will train with the team from august (not Costagrande), but you know... I don't mind the current team. You don't change the team that wins. Maybe one true backup setter and we're done.

Italy showed great poise in the fifth after suffering the pressure until then. It would have been a disappointing, undeserved loss from what I've seen.

Is Sarina Koga a superstar in the Japanese league?

• Im not comparing both teams... ;)

dispite being A team or not, its a roster with not much international experience, Malinov, Chirichella, Gennari, Sorokaite. IMO, they are very promising, but they still need to learn how to manage some situations in the game...for many times this WGP they let sets in control slip away...but of course that is exactly why they are playing the WGP, to gain experience.

Japanese team is also young, of course....but each team has a different thing they need to work and improve...I was just comenting what I though has been Italian main problem so far... ;)

i meant we call only chiricella and malinov as younger players others are experienced players from italian league or from european cups etc. i think Chiricella will be in main squad in team A..so only Malinov can be backup for leo..

• Leo, Del Core, Piccinini and Centoni will train with the team from august (not Costagrande), but you know... I don't mind the current team. You don't change the team that wins. Maybe one true backup setter and we're done.

Italy showed great poise in the fifth after suffering the pressure until then. It would have been a disappointing, undeserved loss from what I've seen.

Is Sarina Koga a superstar in the Japanese league?

i dont think Picci will be in main squad....the same for Centoni..i think Centoni should focus on the clubs,she is not young anymore...only leo can be main setter....Del Core can be starter but gennari has been useful so im not sure if Del core will be a starter..these players are kind of "older" onese anymore

• I like this Italian squad, they have two OH's who actually can pass and make good attacks, Sorokaite has been good in this tournament, for me setter position is the only who can really needs a more experienced player, but Malinov is also great and should be the backup.

• FIVB World Grand Prix 2015
    Week 3
    Pool F
    Venue: Russia DS Yantarny, Kaliningrad, Russia
    10-12 July 2015

* Time zone
    EET (Eastern European Time) UTC/GMT +2 hours

July 10, 2015
    UTC/GMT 14:40 Serbia (SRB) vs Turkey (TUR)

Serbia vs Turkey | 10 July 2015 | Week 3 | Pool F | 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix
    14:40 Serbia (SRB) vs Turkey (TUR)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgcLr8hh06Q

• i meant we call only chiricella and malinov as younger players others are experienced players from italian league or from european cups etc. i think Chiricella will be in main squad in team A..so only Malinov can be backup for leo..

Playing in a good club, with a good league is always great, but I dont think is the same as playing Nt, is a completely different experience needed, having to face completely different volleyball schools like USA, Brazil, Japan, China.....its a completely different adjustment, the long travels..completely different cultures...I dont think being experience in club necessarly makes you experience for NT...every new experience is new, no matter for how long you play....but, that is only my opinion of course. :drink:

Edit: Anyway, just to finish, I think this hole italian team can be A team...for sure. Malinov has showed great potencial this season. Maybe only Diouf as starter instead of Sorokaite, Gennari and Bosetti are a good duo, the kind Italy likes to play with, two good receivers but with a good attack as well. So I think the only think they need is time, playing more matches, loosing, learning from it, learning to be decisive, that kind of stuff.

• Puerto Rico did it in 5. I saw last 2 sets. They were pretty bad today. Karina Ocasio played like a world class player, which I think she is now. Her mates should follow her playing abroad, because this team has potential, but they will be always at the same level if the don't leave the island.