2015 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Indeed, those are lame music. They should hire a DJ from Germany or The Netherlands :D or I could be a better DJ at least.

• what a great match. i'm sorry i missed the first 2.5 sets.

chinese youngsters look so promising, including yan ni (MB). zhang changning did not have a good end of the 4th set.

this is the first time i see zhu ting listed as 198 cm. she was before always listed as 195.

can someone explain the passing scheme for CHN? sometimes zeng passes and sometimes zhu passes?

great job by US to come back and force a 5th set. foluke!!!!!!!!

• Will China bring those player to the final 6? I vaguely remember I've read that bench player will play in the final, maybe I'm wrong

• Will China bring those player to the final 6? I vaguely remember I've read that bench player will play in the final, maybe I'm wrong

Great game by China and US. It's a pity Yang Fangxu is seriously injured last week that we have to use Zhang Changning as sub OPP.

And the starting 7 will not go to finals. But Yan Ni and Zhang Changning will go. :drink:

• The diagonal didn't work very well. Kiraly has his faults as well. No subs. No real help into time outs. He brought 2 left handed opposite, so basically nothing changes when Murphy takes Lowe's place on court, same corner, same set, same everything. The only difference between those 2 is Lowe's better jump and Murphy's better wrist. Very good match from China. I really like Hui and Zeng, more than Zhu Ting. Yuan is simply amazing.

• And the starting 7 will not go to finals. But Yan Ni and Zhang Changning will go. :drink:

But why? It's not fair

• Ahhh I want to see starting 7 in USA :/....If they would beat US again than Karch would start to thinking about Destinee :(

USA is missing Alisha, She has better setting and faster balls ..But in future Molly will be one of the best setters :win: I love her :D

• But why? It's not fair

i have wrote couple of days ago, the main players will not go to USA

2015 FIVB World Grand Prix

China Roster for Final 6

Head Coach: An Jiajie

S: Ding Xia, Wang Na
    WS: Zhang Changning, Liu Yanhan, Liu Xiaotong, Wang Yunlu
    MB: Yan Ni, Zhang Xiaoya, Zheng Yixin, Zhang Yu
    L: Chen Zhan, Wang Mengjie

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• finally this wgp came to an end for turkey...
    im worried about second setters..Nilay's sets are just unbalanced...you cant predict how the next set will be like... :| ...this B team's reception was bad....i expected more from this "short" receivers....against Dominic R. Şeyma ERcan played well....amongst Ezgi,Meliha,Şeyma only Şeyma's game was acceptable..Şeyma made a wrong choice signing with Fb..i dont think she will have much time there to play....especially meliha's shape surprised me a lot... 8| ...
    Akbaş should have used Meryem Boz more than Yeliz Başa though Yeliz's energy was positive whenever entering the court.....

• Turkey won 3-0 against Dominican Republic. So Dominican Republic is the last one and is supposed to fall to 2nd division next year. Lets see how FIVB will save them next year.
    Belgium might fall as well if they lose to Russia today depending on Korea's return. However I think Korea should start from 2nd division as a punishment next year.

• Turkey won 3-0 against Dominican Republic. So Dominican Republic is the last one and is supposed to fall to 2nd division next year. Lets see how FIVB will save them next year.
    Belgium might fall as well if they lose to Russia today depending on Korea's return. However I think Korea should start from 2nd division as a punishment next year.

agree

• I don't know how good Korea is, why did they skip WGP this year? I would want Belgium or D.R to stay in Division 1, four asian teams in one division is too much IMO.

Belgium without Van Hecke is such a joke...

• finally this wgp came to an end for turkey...
    im worried about second setters..Nilay's sets are just unbalanced...you cant predict how the next set will be like... :| ...this B team's reception was bad....i expected more from this "short" receivers....against Dominic R. Şeyma ERcan played well....amongst Ezgi,Meliha,Şeyma only Şeyma's game was acceptable..Şeyma made a wrong choice signing with Fb..i dont think she will have much time there to play....especially meliha's shape surprised me a lot... 8| ...
    Akbaş should have used Meryem Boz more than Yeliz Başa though Yeliz's energy was positive whenever entering the court.....

Both Nilay and Cagla are not NT materials (yet!). Nilay is more creative and team played better with her, but her serves are soooo bad for a setter. Her serves are like a balloon passing meters over the net and her blocking is awful. She has good defense though.
    Cagla has "0" creativity and her set quality was not impressive either. She has better serves and much better blocking than Nilay though.
    After watching them in this tournament, I seriously started to consider Gamze as an advanced setter. She is creative, has amazing serves, good blocking and defense. If she improves her set quality, then she should be the Naz's sub.

• Stats don't tell everything and I'm not very surprised with the percentages of US MBs anyway, they have been playing with Kreklow only for a week, or even less, you can't expect anything good from that short period, especially connections between a setter and a MB are way more important and tricky than for example with wing hitters.

Larson seemed asleep during 3rd round but I'm pretty sure she will be awaken in the final. OPP position may be a problem though, both Lowe and Murphy didn't play well, Fawcett would have been a lot more helpful as sub, despite Karch not liking subs anyway.

• why is it not fair? it's called strategy.