2015 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Players don't have to remember opponents names, they are busy with volleyball. I agree with Meatballs, that would be sort of honorable.

I can't wait to see the final in US, should be amazing.

• Why USA matches on Saturday and Sunday aren't the last as in previous days?

maybe they'll get more money from spectators in hall and from TV viewers at these hours in weekend :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• maybe they'll get more money from spectators in hall and from TV viewers at these hours in weekend :whistle:

Probably TV house in US request from them do make change in schedule...Which TV Channel will broadcast matches in US ?

• And why is China not sending there best players for WGP Finals ?

• Finals of Pan-Am Olympics are on 25.07 so Brazil and USA will play with the same rosters as on this weekend :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Probably TV house in US request from them do make change in schedule...Which TV Channel will broadcast matches in US ?

US TV broadcaster is Universal Sports, so if you have satellite television, you can get it.

All of the matches will be broadcast (non-USA matches are tape delayed to the next day or 2 days). Of the USA matches, only the Brazil match will be tape delayed, all others will be live.

• i don't know how other coaches speak but ze refers to russian and american players by their last names during time outs. but i think a lot of coaches and players simply use their shirt number. i think it'd be nice if players could know their opponents names but it's not gonna happen for all.

• Last day of finals will have Brazil x Italy (bronze medal match of WCh) and China x USA (gold medal match of WCh).
    Coincidence? :cheesy:

• Harmotto's post match interview:

Note to Harmotto: Chinese players also have their own names as Zeng, Hui Ruoqi and Zhu Ting and they are well known players for volleyball fans . A little more respect, please :whistle:

I must say I am quite disappointed with her ignorance, She simply lost respect in my eyes as a player. Anyway Chinese people cannot complain cuz they should have brought their A team show them what they are really capable of. Still USA is obvious contender to the title

• i dont understand whats the big deal with the names. We all know that Asian names are very hard to pronounce indeed, so I guess is way easier for some teams to refer to them by numbers.

I dont see the disrespecful side of it whatsoever. As someone said before, volleyball players have enough with volleyball already, to start memorizing and learning each player's name.

• The problem is there are only a handful of world-class volleyball player all around the world(Certainly the numbers she mentioned are some of them) and if you cant or wont pronounce your opponents name that means you are trying to imply something else imo :down: :whistle:

• The problem is there are only a handful of world-class volleyball player all around the world(Certainly the numbers she mentioned are some of them) and if you cant or wont pronounce your opponents name that means you are trying to imply something else imo :down: :whistle:

No it doesn't imply anything. As someone said, it's different mentality there, however many coaches are referring to players with shirt numbers so I really don't understand you.. Also as we said those are asian names so it's not easy to say it.. Pedulla was saying #9 about Mihajlovic, so?

• Trust me, I would have the same problem as Christa when it comes to chinese names. Why the hell do you have to use a harder one when u have some really simple (shirt number) one? Don't overact, let them do whatever they feel better.