Serbian NT 2015

• S : Maja Ognjenovic, Ana Antonijevic, Bojana Zivkovic, Danica Radenkovic
    OPPs : Jovana Brakocevic, Ana Bjelica, Tijana Boskovic
    MBs : Natasa Krsmanovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Milena Rasic, Nadja Ninkovic, Jovana Stevanovic, Maja Savic
    OHs : Jelena Nikolic, Brizitka Molnar, Sanja Malagurski, Tijana Malesevic, Brankica Mihajlovic, Sanja Bursac
    Liberos : Suzana Cebic, Silvija Popovic, Nina Rosic

I think I wrote the same in the beginning of this year but still I would like to see Antonijevic in NT but apparently her injury is very serious, so the chance is very low. So, most likely Maja and Bojana will be the setters.

We are not certainly sure if Brakocevic still wants to play in NT since she said something about feelings towards Terzic, it must be a big blow but on the other hand it will be a great chance for Boskovic who played awesome in the WCH. Bjelica is playing fairly well in Police so I think she also deserves a spot as OPP.

I hope to see Rasic-Veljkovic as starters and Stevanovic as their back-up rather than Krsmanovic and Ninkovic. I don't know what Terzic is thinking though. It's probably too early to think about it.

The fight for OH spots is kind of a jackpot. I thought Nikolic was done as player since her physical condition was like hell last year and also during WGP, but now playing well in Baku. Besides she's the player who's been leading the team since many times ago, probably she will stay. Molnar must be cut now, she's useless and I don't think Malesevic is worse than her. Mihajlovic and Malagurski should be there as offensive OHs and Bursac also deserves a chance, at least some small ones.

• Does it say that see is injured again??

Yes it does. It's her Achilles' tendon again. She got injured on the second they of the camp in Belek, Turkey. She had an operation on Thursday and will be out for several months :( They hoped she could play at Club World Championships, since she got back on court in the third match of the Swiss championships final, but unfortunately she won't play again. So no loans to any club in the near future, I'm afraid.

• Are there any young OH players that can make an impact?

Jelena Nikolic is getting older. Brizitka Molnar has never brought offense. Sanja Malagurski is still not where she was prior to her injury. Tijana Malesevic is not an elite player IMO. That just leaves Brankica.

• I like Bursac, maybe she could receive a chance.....or Rankovic...they are not tall, but more stable receivers than Branca....so maybe they could balance each other.

• I don't think Malagurski will find her best shape, she's injuried again. Every single time I see her, she seems kind of afraid of jumping high and hitting balls, perhaps it's a trauma thing after so many injuries...

Malesevic was expected to be a better player than this, not wondering why she wasn't given many chances to play, her performance hasn't been impressive at all. Decent reception, but her attacks are very unstable. Nikolic played quite well in the beginning of this season in Azeryol, I don't know if she continued the good performance until the end. I simply think her time in NT is already over, It's just Terzic's ego. Besides there's no one who's completely better than her.

Not so sure if some of you would agree with me, but I think it's unfair for Blagojevic for not being given a chance to play. She played a quite good season in Bergamo and I don't think she will be worse than Molnar or Malesevic.

I can't wait to see Stevanovic in NT this year, she totally deserves a chance after a fantastic season...probably in stead of Krsmanovic who spent most of her times on bench this year.

• I agree Bursac and Rankovic are good receivers, they can play next to Brankica. Blagojevic would be my main candidate for starter but looks like Terzic has a problem with her, otherwise i dont see why she isn't called. Kecman is also a good receiver but she had an off season with Zvezda, much worse than we are used to see.. From the attacking young OH I like Cveticanin and Busa

• Yes, Bianka Busa can be a good candidate as well.

My expectation for Serbia this summer : Radenkovic, Stevanovic and Busa. Hopefully we don't see Nikolic and Zivkovic anymore. I also would be surprised if Bjelica gets a call, her performance in Poland was not so convincing :rolleyes:

• Finally we have some news. This is the roster for the European Games in Baku:

S: Bojana Živković, Danica Radenković, Slađana Mirković
    OPP: Ana Bjelica, Marta Drpa, Adela Helić
    L: Silvija Popović, Aleksandra Stepanović
    MB: Milena Rašić, Stefana Veljković, Jovana Stevanović, Maja Savić, Mina Popović
    OH: Jelena Nikolić, Brižitka Molnar, Brankica Mihajlović, Tijana Malešević, Aleksandra Crnčević, Bianka Buša, Ljiljana Ranković

Ognjenović and Ćebić will join the team later in the summer. Bošković and Ninković are currently injured and will join the team when/if they get better.
    Brakočević and Krsmanović will not be on the team this year, they asked for a break. I guess this means we won't be seeing Nataša on NT again, I don't see a place for her there the next year.
    And I guess this means there's no place for Blagojević on the team while Terzić is in charge, for some reason.

• Expected roster. Nice to Drpa here, she is having a great season.. I also think there is some kind of conflict between Terzic and Jovana because she was very disappointed she got no chanves to play at the WCH and younster Boskovic did great. She said his publicly so maybe another drama with Terzic is coming up. And i can not believe we are still seing Nikolic and Molnar? I mean come on! At least Serbia has some talent and it needs to be used. Melesevic also.. He doesnt ever give her a chance to play so why have her? I am happy to see Crncevic there, she had a good season in Lokomotiv and deserved it.. Rankovic is there too.. If you ask me i would go with Mihajlovic, Crncevic, Rankovic and Busa.. But we all know Terzic

• good points of Serbian Nt : good middles,good OPP's ,good setters
    weak points : weak OH's except Mihajlovic who is not a pure OH due to her passing.
    but they dont need strong OH's they already have strong middles and opps for the offence of the team therefore pure passers may work ,imo

btw..Jelena Nikoliç is the best OH Serbia has ever had...she was ,at her best, better than Milaylovic

• interesting roster, for me there's clear 12 here, with Zivkovic, Radenkovic, Bjelica, Drpa, Nikolic, Molnar, Mihajlovic, Malesevic, Rasic, Veljkovic, Stevanovic and Popovic

there's a problem with OHs, Blagojevic should be here, we have still the same faces like weaker year by year Nikolic and Molnar, but they probbly find a place in final roster...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Nikolic, Molnar, Mihajlovic, Malesevic,

I'd like to see Crncevic in Serbian NT. I think she deserves to be there more than Nikolic (who can't receive) and Molnar (who can't spike).

• I'd like to see Crncevic in Serbian NT. I think she deserves to be there more than Nikolic (who can't receive) and Molnar (who can't spike).

I agree, but Terzic is so stubborn and he probably won't change anything :wacko:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game