Russian NT 2015

• Dianskaya and Podskalnaya are out. Strange, I think they at least deserve a chance.

Surprised to see Ulanova, I thought she wanted to take a break? :whistling: Malova would play whole time, I think she's the best russian libero right now.

• Well Dianskaya's absence is a question I am asking since the rosters came out.. Podskalnaya is not in but both Malkova and Zaryazhko are, don't understand this either

• Malkova played well in Montreux cup, so not surprising she's there.

There should be a battle for the OH2 spot between Pasynkova, Scherban and Ilchenko. Both Sasha and Yana were not convincing at all last year, gotta be better. Where is Voronkova? I think she played decent in Montreux.

• I think Voronkova isn't ready yet. She still misses too many balls in position 4 - as we know, she was raised as an Opp.

But, imho, the main problem with her is physical. She's notoriously overweight, and, during the entire season, by the final part of longer matches, her game always declined a lot. In Montreux, we could see in the last game against Holland how she was exausted. Almost not jumping and with a very heavy arm swing.

Returning to the GP roster, I also can't understand why Abroskina isn't in it. In Montreux we all saw how a bad libero Romanenko is. But Kravchenko isn't even bad. She's just an invention. Marichev is always open to try new players, why not Abroskina?

• Kosheleva will miss the Eltsin cup and the start of WGP. She had some domestic injury while having a vacation in Thailand. After arriving to Moscow she was hospitalized and left the hospital just yesterday. So she can start trainig no sooner than 1 of July.

Russian roster for Eltsin cup:
    S: Efimova, Kasianenko.
    OPP: Obmochaeva, Malykh
    OH: Ilchenko, Biryukova, Pasynkova, Scherban.
    MB: Lyubushkina, Samoylenko (ex-Shlyakhovaya), Orlova, Fetisova, Efimova
    L: Malova, Kravchenko

http://www.sport-express.ru/volleyball/news/883962/

Oops, Emil, just saw your post from previous page :wavy:

• Nastya S. got married?

• Nastya S. got married?

Yes, in December of last year. So now she's officially Samoylenko. Is it spells easier for non-Russians than Shlyakhovaya?))

• Yes it is. Now she won't be Nastya S.anymore.. Isn't nshe quite young to get married? I wish her all the best though

Not at all. Kosheleva also got married when she was 22-23, Goncharova at 23. Nastya is now 24, so I wouldnt call it too early :) Especially for a russian woman.

Anyway, nice to see Lyubushkina(also got married quite early, she's only 25 now) in the roster, she was superb in Italian league, totally deserving.

• Yes it is. Now she won't be Nastya S.anymore.. Isn't nshe quite young to get married? I wish her all the best though

She turns 25 this year. So by Russian standarts she was getting close to become an old maid)) Her husband is a basketball player so I guess their kids will be quite tall. Of course, wish the best for Nastya and her man.

• Semisonic, Has Nastya Samolyenko recovered her injury? She barely played last season in Omsk, so just wondering... otherwise Orlova and Lyubushkina will play starters, right? So many good MBs out there, Fetisova also deserves one spot, she was a block machine in the semi final of Russian league.

• Semisonic, Has Nastya Samolyenko recovered her injury? She barely played last season in Omsk, so just wondering... otherwise Orlova and Lyubushkina will play starters, right? So many good MBs out there, Fetisova also deserves one spot, she was a block machine in the semi final of Russian league.

There was an interview on local tv some 10 days ago where Nastya told that she's recovered from injury but still far from her best fitness form and she's trainig hard to get it. So I guess she won't play as a starter. To be honest I would still prefer Fetisova and Orlova over her by their last season form.

• There was an interview on local tv some 10 days ago where Nastya told that she's recovered from injury but still far from her best fitness form and she's trainig hard to get it. So I guess she won't play as a starter. To be honest I would still prefer Fetisova and Orlova over her by their last season form.

Yeah, Ira Fetisova somehow reminds me of Morozova when she was very young, like Ira. She was a bad attacker back then but a strong blocker, after a while she developed her slides and now she's so good at both, although she's been struggling with injuries. I hope Ira somewhat improves her attack as well, because then she would be an unbeatable MB. Besides she's only 21 :)

• Yeah, Ira Fetisova somehow reminds me of Morozova when she was very young, like Ira. She was a bad attacker back then but a strong blocker, after a while she developed her slides and now she's so good at both, although she's been struggling with injuries. I hope Ira somewhat improves her attack as well, because then she would be an unbeatable MB. Besides she's only 21 :)

Yes, I agree. Yulya Sedova-Morozova has been my favorite Russian MB for years and it's a shame that her performance has declined because of all the injuries and her connection with Pankova that was so good in 2013 doesn't work anymore. Let's hope Ira will stay injury free and become one of the world's best.

• Yes, I agree. Yulya Sedova-Morozova has been my favorite Russian MB for years and it's a shame that her performance has declined because of all the injuries and her connection with Pankova that was so good in 2013 doesn't work anymore. Let's hope Ira will stay injury free and become one of the world's best.

There are a bunch of players that are born to hit, like Gamova, Brakocevic and Hooker. Morozova and Fetisova shine are born to block :cheesy: