Russian NT 2015

• There are quite many good middle blockers in Russian Superleagues these two years, but I think the main concern is not whether they can perform well in international matches, instead, it the mentality of the setters that counts. Russian setters are kind of predictable as they set most of the balls to the OH and OPP, say Gamova, Obmochaeva and Kosheleva, especially in critical moments. The setters need to make better use of and have faith in their middle blockers who are tall and strong and capable of scoring more points actually, so as to add more varieties and speed in the games.

• Gamova decides to play at Rio 2016 => http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…olympic-games-in-rio.html

Honestly, I'm not surprised. I hope the coaching staff learned from problems with last WCH :wavy:

• The first gathering for Russian NT this year will be on 27th May and they plan to divide into two teams. The first team will play Jeltsin cup, WGP, the World cup and European Champions league. (Are they already qualified to WC btw? 8| ) In the meanwhile the second team will play Montreux cup, European games and Universiade 2015.

• The first gathering for Russian NT this year will be on 27th May and they plan to divide into two teams. The first team will play Jeltsin cup, WGP, the World cup and European Champions league. (Are they already qualified to WC btw? 8| ) In the meanwhile the second team will play Montreux cup, European games and Universiade 2015.

I think they qualified for WC as they are European Champion 2013

• I don't believe Marichev will repeat the experiment with Goncha as OH. It did'nt work, and now he havs good OH's available, specially Kutiukova. Plus, I also would'nt be so radical as saying that Goncha won't have a chance to play. IMO, She is living her best time as a player and there's a lot of competitions ahead. Her and Gamova will have many chances to exchange places at the first line up without much problem.

BTW, I guess now we can figure out the rosters with more accuracy:

B Team:
    Marichev said that they'll use 2 experienced players in the B team. I believe one of them will be Matienko. The other maybe Chaplina - but does she deserves it? Or maybe Scherban? Or Moroz?

Setters: Matienko and Novik;

OH: Kurilo, Ilchenko, Bavykina, and Chaplina, or Scherban, or Pisarenko, or Voronkova (my personal favourite);

MB: Fetisova, Ennina, Zaryazhko and Lyubuchkina (many people here are defending Lyubuchkina in the 1º team, but I'd put her there only if Shlyakhovaya remains injured);

Opp: Malykh and Isaeva.

Liberos: Abroskina and ? ... I can't figure another player. Maybe Guskova?

A Team:
    Settters: Startseva and Pankova/Kosyanenko;

OH: Kosha, Kutyukova, Pasynkova and...in his last interview, Marichev insisted, again, in calling Sokolova...I don't understand his obsession with a notoriously done player. Anyway, if Lyuba keeps her word and decline to join the team, I hope Marichev invites ilchenko;

MB: Orlova, Morozova, Shlyakhovaya and Dianskaya. I know some people - including E. Godina, don't like her, but Dianskaya is that fastest Russian MB right now, and she opens a new dimension to the team.

Opp: Gamova and Goncha.

liberos: Malova and Kruchiukova.

• I think Babeshina deserves a chance.. I don't know how she is dong right now because she was injured, but she had a great season before that

• What about Podskalnaja and Moroz?

• What about Podskalnaja and Moroz?

Podskalnaya is one of my favorite Russian players but she is too inconsistent this season.. Many times she entered the court as a sub, many times was subbed.. If there weren't enough options she should be invited but I think Lyubuchkina can do a better job than her, as strong slider as her, and is not that bad of a blocker as Podskalnaya..

• Kutyukova is injured so she won't be able to help the team in the summer.

If we are going on form etc, there is no way Pankova (Kosianenko) should be on the A team. She was terrible all year. B team for her. Babeshina should get a try on A team.

I do agree that Sokolova shouldn't be called. She will be more of a liability as her receiving was bad this year. Although the others weren't good either. However, time for some fresh blood.

• Read an interview with Marichev on Sport Express. I'm perplexed about his thoughts of using Kosheleva as OPP? If so, this Russian team will go bonkers with reception seeing as Kutiukova is not playing. Also, Shlyakhovaya is back.

Kosheleva will be used in all matches in our planning. The only problem –
    in the Krasnodar she is used as a diagonal player while I need her as
    opposite attacker. Shlyakhovaya has recovered and should come in form
    to play in the World Grand Prix”. Be sure to give rest to Kryuchkova,
    Kutiukova. They were also injured.

Also, it seems that he has invited Lyuba at WGP this year.

The first collection – definitely not. But in the application for the
    “Grand Prix” I have necessarily included Sokolova. And I hope for her
    help in the final round of the tournament in the United States.

Marichev must be out of his mind if he will really use Koshe as OPP. Goncharova is doing really great at the moment. Lastly, I think that main team will need a backup setter for Startseva and I think Babeshina can try in the main team.

• So, Who's in the NT camp at the moment? Great to see Shlyakhovaya back, hopefully se finds her rhythm.

• Yes i agree with you. Marichev is sometimes making really silly decisions.. He has a dominant OPP and some mediocre OH and he would bench the OPP to use the only top class OH as OPP, nonsense. If so i wonder who the OHs will be? Pasynkova and Scherban? Who bothbate more of a receiving OHs and spent much of the season on bench

• So, Who's in the NT camp at the moment? Great to see Shlyakhovaya back, hopefully se finds her rhythm.

In the same interview, Marichev has yet to release the list of players for NT (for both A & B team). He reasons he is waiting the advice of Karpol re team composition.