Russian NT 2015

• I guess some things got lost in translation there because usually "diagonal player" is the same as opposite....and in Krasnodar Kosheleva plays without reception, so I guess in the original article Marichev meant that he needs her as receiver.

• Mathias is correct in his interpretation. Marichev actually said that he needs Kosha as receiver.

Another news who deserve attention:

1 - Marichev parted with Dinamo Moscow, in order to fully concentrate on the NT. I really appreciate this decision;

2 - Svetlana Kryuchikova will not play in the NT this season. She won't be replaced by Ulanova either, because Ula already said that she'll take another break in her carrer. I guess who Marichev will call...Romanova from Uralochaka? Or will he be more audatious and call Abroskina? Or maybe Kuzyakina?

3 - Big surprise: Olga Biryukova will get a call to the NT, and, at least according to the Kazan director, she'll be in the A team. Well, Biryukova is a young and tall player, who never impressed me. She played most of the season in Voronezh, and did nothing really important there. It seems that Marichev was impressed by her reception in the final. Anyway, she's still young, and, of course, Marichev and Glyazudinov understand much more about VB than myself. So, I'll wait and see what happens.

4 - The Kazan Director also said that Irina Malkova and Olesia Nikolaeva - who, apparently, is still injured, will play in the B Team.

To me, the really sad news is the absence of Kutyukova. But I believe that Ilchenko can turn into a great partner to Kosheleva. I was very impressed of how Ilchenko's reception improved along the season, specially in the play offs.

About the MB's, it seems to me that Morozova, unfortunately, is in decline. But Fetisova is about to become a blocker of the same level. In the play offs, she was the best Zarechie player and blocked everything.

• About the MB's, it seems to me that Morozova, unfortunately, is in decline. But Fetisova is about to become a blocker of the same level. In the play offs, she was the best Zarechie player and blocked everything.

I agree, Fetisova played very well in the last few matches I watched. I would also like to see Zaryazhko back in the A team, in 2013 she was doing so well before she got injured in WGP and in 2014 she never really had an impact. Shlyakhovaya sat out almost the whole season so it's difficult to estimate her shape. Dianskaya did quite well in Krasnodar, Podskalnaya a little less than last year. It will for sure be an interesting battle for MB position now that there is also Lyubushkina shining in Italy...

• I think Biryukova and Ilchenko are big names in the Russian team.

Both have great potential in reception and that's what Russia needs. Great spikers they always had. But now they are worried about finding a substituita to Sokolova. And Ilchenko and Biryukova are the only candidates for this job, for being young. Kutyukova is very good, but it will already be 27, will not live long in the national team. Russia had great players because they started young on the team, I hope to do the same with Ilchenko and Biryukova.

• i think we like exaggerating some things.......Ilchenko made 10 reception errors in challenge cup final...but still very impressive :!:

she has the talent maybe can be impressive in the future but not now, just a young player......Ilchenko and Kosheleva as receivers,dont know! :D

she is like Meliha İsmailoğlu....both have the talent to receive but tend to make mistakes suddenly, not experienced enough for hig level ..

• Agreed, reception is a big problem again. Kosheleva did not play her OH at Krasnodar, so she will definitely be rusty for the NT. He will have to hopefully find someone who was great at reception and can play OH, to play alongside Kosheleva.

• I don't think Lyubushkina fits Russian style of play. They really need strong blockers (because of weak reception) and that is not her strength. Moreover, she likes a very fast slide and they have not run in that fast in many, many years (since Karpol).

Shlyakhovaya and Fetisova will be very important players for Russian NT.

• How was Pasynkova's performance during the SL? Although not really the best receiver, I think she is the closest OH Russia has for now with both attacking/receiving skills complete with international experience.

With regards to MBs, Russia's future seems promising with the end of the Borodakova-era. Russia currently has both young and talented MBs in Shlyakhovaya and Fetisova. Also, the crowned MVP of this year's CEV U18 EC, Angelina Lazarenko is shaping up to be the next big thing for Russia. At 17 years old and already 192cm, she seems a natural fit for the NT.

So if I were to speculate, this year's Grand Prix lineup wouldn't be too different from the roster in 2014 (minus Kryuchikova). The only guaranteed spots I expect are Obmochaeva as OPP and Koshe as OH (and maybe Pasynkova). The biggest change would be if ever Kosianenko/Pankova would not be in A team, and hoping for either Startseva/Babeshina to be her replacement.

• Now, its OFFICIAL! :super:

Rússia B Team - Montreux Volley Masters - Universiade - European Games in Baku.

Setters: Anna Matienko - Irina Filishtinskaya.
    Spikers: Irina Voronkova - Olesya Nikolaeva - Daria Pisarenko.
    Blockers: Irina Zaryazhko - Irina Malkova - Julia Podskalnaya.
    Opposittes: Anastasia Bavykina - Daria Isayeva.
    Líberos: Xenia Kravchenko - Ekaterina Romanenko - Daria Talysheva.

http://www.volley.ru/news/11827/

:drink:

• So I guess Malykh will be in A team. Interesting selection for the B team, I will assume, some of the A team members might be put in the B team, at least those who don't get to play a lot.

• so this means Ilchenko will be in A-team ?

• Its OFFICIAL!

Rússia Team A :drink:

Setters: Olga Efimova - Ekaterina Kosianenko - Evgeniya Startseva.

Spikers: Olga Biryukova - Kseniia Ilchenko – Tatiana Kosheleva – Alexandra Pasynkova – Yana Sherban.

Middle Blockers: Ekaterina Efimova - Ekaterina Lyubushkina - Ekaterina Orlova – Irina Fetisova - Anastasia Shylyakhovaya.

Opposittes: Nataliya Obmochaeva - Natalia Malykh.

Líberos: Anna Malova - Daria Talysheva.

http://www.volley.ru/news/11828/

:super:

• No Babeshina which TOTALLY deserved it! No DIanskaya, in either team but still there are Podskalnaya and Malkova who spent most of their time on bench :down: Also not Kurrilo who had a great season in Omichka at least better than Scherban, Nikolaeva..Looks like Marichev chose only names

• for what qualities is Biryukova in team A ?

None.

About the A team, I agree with USAVfan about some decisions. But we need to remember that this is just the first call. So, Dianskaya maybe not 100% right now, and get a call latter, to the Grand Prix.

This is also the only explanation I can imagine for Kurilo's absence. She's a much better player than Biryukova and Scherban.

About Babeshina, maybe she simply doesn't want to play in the NT anymore. She's a senior player with a little child, and may find it better to spend the summer with her familly.

• Interesting choices by Marichev. I expected Bavykina & Zaryazhko in A Team though. Great to see Malkova in the list. Ever since I saw her from last year's Club World Championship, I've been curious and excited with how she'll perform in NT. Same thing with Lyubushkina and Orlova. Hope they'll all show a positive performance. If the roster is indeed official, the biggest question would be: Where is Gamova? I'm surprised that Chaplina, Dianskaya, and Morozova are not in the list. Injury perhaps?

Kutyukova's absence is unfortunate. I think she's the answer to last year's NT problems. Hopefully, she'll be invited to NT again next year. I've heard that Ulanova has decided to take a break again from volleyball. She has been the better libero than Kryuchkova for many years now but for some reason, the coach always seem to prefer Kryuchkova over her. Lastly, I thought Ambroskina and Guskova would get invitations to B team.

• I think she rejected the invitation due to her injury and her personal issues just like last year. But she didn't really play well this year to be honest...