Russian NT 2015

• Fun fact: in her recent interview Elena Yurieva said that she did get a call from Pankov and was invited to the Russian NT, B team. But she refused cos a) there's Obmochaeva and she's more important for the team than her, b) she's dealing with an injury and needs to take care of her body c) at 30 it's a bit late to debut in the NT. She also said that with Zaryazhko, Shlyakhovaya, Fetisova and Orlova Russian team doesn't have any problems with MBs. She also praised Orlova and put her in the top 5 MB ranking (the others were Poljak, Rasic, Walewska and Fabiana).

It's been years, but I'm still sad about the fact that we couldn't managed to get her into the Polish NT. :wall:

• Fun fact: in her recent interview Elena Yurieva said that she did get a call from Pankov and was invited to the Russian NT, B team. But she refused cos a) there's Obmochaeva and she's more important for the team than her, b) she's dealing with an injury and needs to take care of her body c) at 30 it's a bit late to debut in the NT. She also said that with Zaryazhko, Shlyakhovaya, Fetisova and Orlova Russian team doesn't have any problems with MBs. She also praised Orlova and put her in the top 5 MB ranking (the others were Poljak, Rasic, Walewska and Fabiana).

It's been years, but I'm still sad about the fact that we couldn't managed to get her into the Polish NT. :wall:

True. She would be a remarkable MB in Polish NT and they already have a great memory with outstanding Likotras who's from Ukraine ^^

Well those 5 doesn't sound like best 5 to me :cheesy: Thaisa, Akinradewo are missing IMO. And Welewska if we are 2008 :lol:

• My Starting 6
    Setter: Filishtinskaya
    OH: Voronkova, Pisarenko
    MB: Zaryazchko, Malkova
    OP: Bavykina
    Libero:Romanenko.

Im Happy with this players as long as they dont let Bavykina receive balls. She is just terrible receiver. Hopefully Kurillo gets a call later this year for GP.

• The only person I would put there is Babeshina instead of Kosianenko, but she was injured toward the end of the year, so maybe she will come in later. Heck even Moscow's other setter is better right now than Kosianenko. Happy to see Kseniia Ilchenko there as well.

I guess Gamova will come in later.

• Will this roster still be trimmed? There's 17 players on this list and I'm guessing the final count will be 12? Take out 1 setter (I'm not really feeling Kosianenko but I think it will be Efimova who will be cut) 2 OHS (Biryukova - Not familiar with her, Scherban - she should be on the B team) and lastly take out 2 MBs (Efimova & Lyubushkina). Sad to see Morozova not on the list, but she's not really been playing well as others here have commented and Fetisova is a great replacement. Good to also see Shylyakhovaya (who is a good MB that attacks in front of the setter) finally back. Re Gamova, I think she will only join in WC.

• I'm very pleased with the names.

I believe that if Sokolova and Artamonova are great players of the last 10 years is because they began to play early with 19 years. As part of serve reception line, defense and Russia team's attack.

And that's what Marichev doing. Promoting new players to last long in the main selection.

Great attackers Russia has always had, and always will, as Kosheleva and Obmochaeva. I believe we are now seeking an official replacement for Sokolova. And in my opinion this player will Ilchenko, Voronkova or Biryukova.

Russia's great technicians are watching the developments of these 3 players from the last Under-20 World Championship in 2013.
    They all have a very good attack, but the main reason that led to the main selection is the great performance at the reception.

• My Starting 6:

Rússia B:

Anna Matienko - Daria Isayeva.
    Irina Voronkova - Daria Pisarenko.
    Irina Zaryazhko - Irina Malkova.
    Ekaterina Romanenko

Rússia A:

Ekaterina Kosianenko - Nataliya Obmochaeva.
    Kseniia Ilchenko – Tatiana Kosheleva.
    Ekaterina Orlova – Anastasia Shylyakhovaya.
    Anna Malova.

:super:

• Kseniia Ilchenko

Not bad, except no to Kosianenko, I rather Efimova or Startseva. Gosh I wish Babeshina was called, as setter is a problem. Startseva probably should get it over Efimova but Kosianenko would be my last choice.

• according to the 33 player candidates list of Rio OG announced by Sport Ministry Russia, it seems Sokolova and Gamova is not included.
    http://www.russiavolley.com/67…-the-list-of-rio-og-2016/

the candidates are:
    Marina Babeshina, Anastasia Bavykina, Ekaterina Bogacheva, Vera Vetrova, Irina Voronkova, Natalia Dianskaya, Olga Efimova, Irina Zaryazhko, Ksenia Ilchenko, Elena Irisova, Daria Isaeva, Ekaterina Kosyanenko, Tatiana Kosheleva, Svetlana Kryuchkova, Margarita Kurilo, Yulia Kutyukova, Anna Malova, Natalia Malykh, Irina Malkov, Anastasia Markova, Yulia Morozova, Olesya Nikolaeva, Natalia Obmochaeva, Ekaterina Orlova, Alexandra Pasynkova, Yulia Podskalnaya, Ekaterina Romanenko, Ekaterina Romanova, Evgeniya Startseva, Daria Talysheva, Irina Fetisova, Anastasia Shlyakhovaya, Yana Shcherban.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Dividing players into positions ^^:

S: Evgeniya Startseva, Ekaterina Kosyanenko, Marina Babeshina, Vera Vetrova, Olga Efimova
    OP: Natalia Obmochaeva, Natalia Malykh, Daria Isaeva
    OH: Tatiana Kosheleva, Alexandra Pasynkova, Yulia Kutyukova, Ksenia Ilchenko, Margarita Kurilo, Yana Shcherban, Anastasia Markova, Anastasia Bavykina (also OP), Olesya Nikolaeva, Irina Voronkova
    MB: Yulia Morozova, Ekaterina Orlova (also OP), Anastasia Shlyakhovaya, Ekaterina Bogacheva, Natalia Dianskaya, Irina Zaryazhko, Yulia Podskalnaya, Irina Fetisova, Irina Malkova, Elena Irisova
    L: Svetlana Kryuchkova, Anna Malova, Daria Talysheva, Ekaterina Romanenko, Ekaterina Romanova

We have only 3 OPs so I think that there's still a place for Gamova if she only wants to join team :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• What does this list means actually ? i've read it earlier and wondered, because i do not get the point about doing a list more than a year before a tournament, especially considering you will be able to change it, it doesn't make sense to me

• What does this list means actually ? i've read it earlier and wondered, because i do not get the point about doing a list more than a year before a tournament, especially considering you will be able to change it, it doesn't make sense to me

Exactly I don't see the point of it either. I think though that they just want to put out there, who are fighting for the places. I am sure Gamova and Sokolova can be added if they choose to. However, I think Sokolova is past her prime.

• For your convenience, we have compiled a tentative schedule of international events to be attended by both Russian women's national teams in the summer and autumn of 2015.

The abundance of international volleyball tournaments in the current summer season put the formidable task to the national federations of volleyball worldwide. Competition is not just a lot - some of them are almost literally overlap at the time of the. Therefore, even at the December conference reporting the Russian Volleyball Federation had decided to establish a second women's team of Russia in the 2015-th year. Lead the second team, consisting mainly of young players were asked to head coach ZHVK "District-Odintsovo" Vadim Pankov. Mentor main Russian women's team still remains Yuri Marichev.

MONTREUX MASTERS (26-31 May) / 2nd team

Traditionally, the summer season for the national teams opens commercial tournament in Montreux, Switzerland. This year will be held the 30th anniversary rally.

The "Montreux Volley Masters" 2015 will participate 8 teams:
    Russia, China, the Dominican Republic, the Netherlands, Japan, Italy, Germany and Turkey. From Russia to Switzerland go second team led V.Pankova.

Pattern of competition:
    All participants are divided into two groups of four, which will play 3 matches; then play the semi-finals and finals on the last day of the 3rd and 1st place.

From Russia to Switzerland go V.Pankova second team.

European game (12-28 June) / 2nd team

This year in the Azerbaijani capital Baku will be the first in the history of the European game. The decision was adopted on 8 December 2012 at the 41st General Assembly of the European Olympic Committee held in Rome. The program of the Games included 20 European sports, 16 Olympic and non-Olympic four. The opening ceremony of the games will be held on June 12, 2015 and the closing ceremony - June 28, 2015.

Participants of the women's volleyball tournament of the European game:
    Group A:
    Azerbaijan, Belgium, Italy, Poland, Romania, Turkey.
    Group B:
    Bulgaria, Germany, the Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Croatia.

Pattern of competition:
    From 13 to 21 June match in the group round robin; June 23 - stage of the quarterfinals, which are on the 4 best teams in the group; June 25 - semi-finals; June 27 - finals for the 1st and 3rd places.

Russia for the first European Games will be just the second team led by V.Pankova.

Yeltsin Cup (17-21 June) / 1st team

The main Russian national team will start the summer season with a home international commercial tournament, known as the abbreviation Yeltsin Cup. Matches will be held from 17 to 21 June in Bratislava in DIVS "Uralochka". The current rally will be the 13th in the history of the tournament.

Participants:
    Group A:
    Russia, China, Israel.
    Group B:
    Czech Republic, Kazakhstan, Cuba.

Pattern of competition:
    From June 17 to 19 games will be played in groups, as well as friendly matches between teams from different groups. The top two teams from each group go into the semi-finals, which will take place on June 20. The two remaining an outsider to play in the same day of the match for the 5th place. The finals for the 1st and 3rd places will take place on 21 June.

Universiade 2015 (1-11 July) / 2nd team

He died down two years ago in Kazan, the 27th Summer Universiade. We hope that the residents of the capital of Tatarstan with fond memories as the competitions themselves, and the victory of our women's national team in a volleyball tournament at the Kazan Universiade. Now domestic female students-volleyball players have to fight for a title defense in the South Korean city of Gwangju, where 4 to 14 July will be held the 28th Summer Universiade. The competition this year will be held in 21 sports. To carry out the volleyball tournament allocated 4 platforms: the arena Yeomju and Suncheon Palma, Honam University Stadium and Dongshin.

In the women's volleyball tournament at the 28th Universiade will participate teams from 16 countries:
    Colombia, Chile, China, South Korea,
    Russia, Taiwan, Switzerland, Ukraine,
    USA, Japan, Finland, Brazil,
    Thailand, Zimbabwe, Turkey, Canada.

Pattern of competition:
    All the participants are divided into 4 groups, as part of which will be played from 2 to 6 July. In the quarter-finals stage (July 8] are on the top two teams from each group. The semi-finals in the women's tournament will be held on July 9; finals for the 1st and 3rd place - 11 July. Along matches will go to outsiders for the distribution of the places in the final table.

Universiade in Korea will be the final tournament for the second Russian team at this summer.

GRAND PRIX (3-26 July) / 1st team

The 23rd rally World Grand Prix will bring together teams from 28 countries. However, in order not to overload the gaming calendar, and not to reduce together national teams of different levels, all the participants are divided into three groups. Winners of the lower groups the Grand Prix are able to improve in the classroom next year.

Team Russia has traditionally played in the elite Grand Prix. In the history of the tournament the Russians won on him three times: in 1997, 1999 and 2000. At last year's rally in Tokyo, the Russian team has got "bronze".

The composition of the elite Group 1 Grand Prix 2015:
    Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Dominican Republic, Italy, China, Russia, Serbia, the United States, Thailand, Turkey, Japan.

Pattern of competition:
    The preliminary stage of the Grand Prix will be held from 3 to 18 July on the touring system. In each round (of three) teams are divided into fours and spend them odnokrugovye tournaments. Tours are held in different cities. All the results are in the overall standings. As a result of the preliminary round of the finals out of 5 teams and host the final.

The final round of the Grand Prix this year will be held July 22-26 in g.Omaha (USA). Finals held on odnokrugovoy system. The winner was determined by the highest number of points. In case of equal points places are allocated on the ratio of won and lost games.

WORLD CUP (August 22 - September 6) / 1st team

The World Cup was created in 1965 to fill a pause between the Olympic Games and world championships. In 1991, at the initiative of the FIVB has changed the format of the World Cup: he became played out a year before the Olympic Games, and its winners receive a guaranteed place in the Olympic tournament.

The competition involves twelve teams. Japan as a traditional organizer of the tournament has a guaranteed place. Nine members are determined by the results of the continental competitions - the World Cup champions go five continents (from Europe, Asia, Africa, North and Central America and South America) and four vice-champion, occupying the highest places in the ranking of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB). The two remaining vacancies are filled by special prilgasheniyu (wild card) from the FIVB.

The tournament is held at the usual round-robin - each playing each.

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP (26 September - 4 October) / 1st team

Matches of the 39th European Championship will be held in the Netherlands (in the cities of Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Appeldorn) and Belgium (Antwerp). The Russian national team as the reigning champion of Europe was spared from participating in the qualifying tournament and the championship will start on September 26 with a match against Bulgaria in Group C (Rotterdam).

The absolute record for the number of gold medals in the European championships is the team of the USSR, 13 times to climb to the highest step of the podium. And this number can add 5 more gold medals (2nd place in the medal standings) won by the Russian national team since 1991.

Participants of the European Championship-2015:
    2 teams of the host (Netherlands and Belgium)
    5 teams have received vouchers for the previous European championship (Russia, Germany, Serbia, Croatia and Italy)
    6 winners of the second round of the qualifying tournament (Turkey, Poland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania)
    3 winners of the third qualifying round, which will take place at the end of May 2015.

Pattern of competition:
    All 16 members of the European championship are divided into 4 groups. Group stage matches will be held from 26 to 28 September. If Russia takes first place in Group C, it goes directly into the 1/4 final stage, which will take place on 1 October. In the case of the 2nd or 3rd place in the group have to play matches transitional September 30th. Semifinal matches will take place on October 3; finals for the 1st and 3rd places - October 4 in Rotterdam.

• According to worldofvolley, Tanja Kosheleva has a head injury and now is in a hospital in Moscow 8| She missed the 1st NT gathering and will be joining NT camp in the middle of June. I don't know what's just happend to her, get well Kosha!

• Thanks for the information on where the teams will be participating.

Thanks also for the information Emil. I hope all goes well for Kosheleva.

• The Russian federation released the 25 players roster for teh GRand Prix:

10. Ekaterina Kosyanenko
    1. Yana Shcherban
    2. Anna Matienko
    3. Anastasia Bavykina
    4. Irina Zaryazhko
    5. Alexandra Pasynkova
    6. Olga Efimova
    7. Ekaterina Lyubushkina
    8. Natalia Obmochaeva
    9. Darisa Pisarenko
    11. Ekaterina Gamova
    12. Ekaterina Orlova
    13. Evgeniya Startseva
    14. Irina Fetisova
    15. Tatiana Kosheleva
    16. Irina Malkova
    17. Natalia Malykh
    18. Ksenia Ilchenko
    19. Anna Malova
    20. Anastasia Shlyakhovaya
    21. Ekaterina Ulanova
    22. Ksenia Kravchenko
    23. Ekaterina Efimova
    24. Lyubov Sokolova
    25. Olga Biryukova

Source:http://www.russiavolley.com/67…nd-prix-sokolova-5-to-24/

2 points about the roster which caught my attention:

1 good new: Katya Ulanova is in it. Who knows if the Russian staff are trying to convince her to return?

1 sad new: Dianskaya isn't even in the wide roster...Why?

Finnaly, I discovered the reason of Margarita Kurilo's absence of the NT teams: she's pregnant.