2015 Montreux Volley Masters - Montreux / Switzerland - 5/26

• What a boring coaching of Ferhat Akbas to begin with. Gözde Yilmaz, Cagla and Busra could be replaced in the beginning of 3rd set to bring the team energy. Instead he waited and waited and kept Busra Cansu in the game entire time. Hope he changes his approach in the next games.
    Besides that, Turkey is clearly not ready yet and girls look really tired.

• btw, the co-coach/vice coach od japan team from VB team

Gen Kawakita, he worked 2 years in VakifBank as assistant coach but he left the team last year to join the Japanese NT.

• its really hard for the girs to play against this Japan team which just started with its good defence from the first match in the tournament..im really puzzled how they can play in the first match of the tournament as if they were playing a wch final match :?:

what im agry at : we shouldnt make a passing mistake in the end of a set,indeed! and you should be better at least at blocking this short japanese team...turkey generally has problems adapting to japanese style...yes they play fast bla bla but we have been played them a lot of times and this adaptation should be faster anymore and make few mistakes against them....i attribute this to being first match of the tournament

...i think i just liked Kübra.....Gizem's reception was very shaky..lets see merve on the court..i think Neriman deserves some rest i would play with Meliha

• I expect too much from Turkey...

I think that Dice Nur it's better than Busra...

I don't think that th time was tired.. please.. the most of player didn't play too much in this Season... Only Naz and Neriman... and Naz Start on the bench..

the Others just play maybe a half of Season 2014/2015...

• Neriman was having a lot of problems killing the ball.. not that she was getting block down, but japan managed to touch her spikes with their blockers really well.. Also I wanna see Asli or Dicle instead of Busra.. Meliha should play.. also Guldeniz was bad.. she didn't score ofc, but she wasn't good at passing too

• All the matches are available on Laola.tv.

I got to watch GER-ITA and JPN-TUR, let me write a small personal match conclusion.

GERMANY : Since when does Laura Weihenmeier have these outstanding jump serves? I hope she continues those serves, also she seems to have developed in attacks. Of course it was versus Italian B team, so we gotta watch her more. Geerties made some good attacks in difficult positions, Apitz played a good match as the most experienced member of the team. I loved her reverse sets. hopefully she stays as main setter even when Weiss comes back. Lippman definitely should learn more, especially work on her nerves. Dorendahl was also good as substitute, I'd suggest Pedulla to try her as main libero because we already know Lenka Dürr. Surprised to see Jana Poll on the other hand, does she have something good that I don't see at all? :white: Every single time I watched her play in Bundesliga, she was just a mediocre OH...

ITALY : Calloni was as impressive as my expectation, I'm sure Bonitta kinda regrets himself not to call her last year for WCH. She would have been much more useful than Chirichella or Folie. Sorokaite is still okay as OPP but I think her right position is as an offensive OH, like Ozsoy or Anne Buijs. Egonu is a big hole in reception but I see some particular potentials on her. What I find interesting about this time is how international Italian NT became :D

JAPAN : Impressive plays by younger girls, I hope the player who got injuried in the 1set is okay, what a big pity for her, it was like 5-10 minutes after the match started :aww: Sarina Koga has good potential, apparently she's expected to become another Saori Kimura and I see why not.

TURKEY : Some girls didn't seem to want to play at all or just exhausted :rolleyes: But Kubra Akman is definitely worth watching, I'm pretty sure some of people here would call her "Turkish Thaisa" quite soon. Cansu is useless in the meantime, so is Onal. BTW Where is Gizem Orge? I think she's better than Dalbeler.

• I agree she would be more useful, but even than Valentina..Chirichella did good though.

I agree about Turkey. And I don't see the point of having 2 liberos who can do exactly the same, good diggers, not so good passers. Merve did better than Gizem O. overall, in the club season, but since Gizem Karadayi is starting and we know what she can do, why have Merve who can do exactly the same things.. But I think that would be too much Vakifbank in NT and would cause some controversy

• Talking about italian national team, Egonu is only 16 (!!!) and both Guerra and Malinov are 18... next year they will play in SerieA1 so that they can develope a lot... in the next years we will surely hear about them again... The only player who disappointed me is Spirito... Parrocchiale is better than her...

• so we have to beat Germany today to stay in the tournament, right ? or we will still have the chance for the semi finals?

i expect Japan to be the first then second place will be decided by todays Germany-Turkey match...either Germany or Turkey will be second...generally Germany-Turkey matches has been always tough...of course German team misses more experienced players than Turkey does....the problem will be German's serves..they are always a good server team and defensive team,or course they are not as fast organized team as Japan is so we can read their game better than first match

Güldeniz is good digger but yesterday she was awful in attacking...i would start Meliha..i dont know if Akbaş will prefer Çağla or Naz for today....pls let me see ASlı Kalaç not Büşra...Büşra's serves were good but so are Aslı's. Gözde Yılmaz was opp yesterday maybe she play OH

though i have doubts but what about this "seven" ?

Çağla/Naz
    Polen
    Gözde Yılmaz-Meliha
    Kübra-Aslı
    Merve

• Talking about italian national team, Egon is only 16 (!!!) and both Guerra and Malinov are 18... The next year they will play in SerieA1 so that they can develope a lot... in the next years we will surely hear about them again... The only player who disappointed me is Spirito... Parrocchiale is better than her...

is Egonu playing OH all the time or OPP?

if she is a regular OH then she with this reception can not have much chance to play in A1...maybe if Guerra has a good reception can play much,bcz of that

• where is she going to play next season and on what position?

She will play for Club Italia which only young players are gathered to play. I really hope she manages to develop her reception because her attacks are already competitive. I know it's a bit off topic, however if she changes her hair, Megan Hodge would think she's her hidden twin :rolll:

• I want to ask is there any italian in the italian squad ? :lol: Malinov-bulgarian, Egonu-nigerian.

Soon it's gonna be United States of Italy, I'd add Sorokaite (from Lithuania), Miriam Sylla(I don't know her origins, maybe african), Valentina Diouf although she's not there with the team(half senegalese), Costagrande (Argentinian).