Italian NT 2015

• Is this one half of an assorted 40-man roster? Otherwise, I don't get the criteria.
    Gennari :thumbsup: but no Tirozzi :down: ... Loda :thumbsup: and Mambelli too ?( ... and so on.

Calloni! Totally deserved reward for a great unsung career. At 32 years old, she recovered from an achilles tendon injury and re-established herself as one of the best middles.

Tirozzi had a great season! She absolutely deserves to be in the NT

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• 14 Player in Montreux

S
    Noemi Signorile (Novara)
    Letizia Camera (Busto Arsizio)
    Ofelia Malinov (Club Italia)

OH
    Caterina Bosetti (Galatasaray Istanbul TUR)
    Alessia Gennari (Casalmaggiore)
    Sara Loda (Bergamo)
    Anastasia Guerra (Club Italia)

OP
    Indre Sorokaite (Piacenza)
    Paola Egonu (Club Italia)

MB
    Valentina Arrighetti (Lokomotiv Baki Voleybol Klubu, AZE)
    Raphaela Folie (Modena)
    Raffaella Calloni (Firenze)
    Giulia Pisani (Busto Arsizio)

L
    Monica De Gennaro (Conegliano)

• This is the roster of players called by Bonitta at the beginning of the month and that will take part to Montreux (except Arrighetti and Bosetti who are doing a differentiated training and won't be there)

S:
    Camera
    Caracuta
    Malinov

OH:
    Sorokaite
    Guerra
    Sylla
    Mambelli
    Perinelli (also OPP)
    Loda
    C. Bosetti

OPP:
    Pascucci
    Egonu

MB:
    Pisani
    Melandri
    Calloni
    Arrighetti
    Folie

L:
    Parrocchiale
    Spirito

• My Italy NT for the European Championship
    (in case of injury)
    S Signorile / Ferretti (Lo Bianco)
    OH : Del Core / L. Bosetti / Costagrande / Gennari (Loda, Sorokaite)
    OP : Centoni / Diouf (Ortolani)
    MB : Calloni / Arrighetti / Guiggi / Folie / (Barazza) (Chirichella needs to rest, maybe to take part in some games but not in ECh)
    L : De Gennaro / Sansonna (Cardullo)

• I have quite a different roster in mind
    S:Lo Bianco/Feretti (Signorille)
    OH: Del Core, Tirozzi, Gennari, L. Bosetti/Sorokaite/Picci
    OP: Ortolani, Centoni, Diouf
    MB: Guiggi, Gioli, Folie, Arrighetti (Pisani)
    L: Sansonna, De Genarro

OPP is the harfest choice bacause no one from those was great. Ortolani was but she has some iniury if she recovers than she should be a starter. Centoni was bad in Turkey and Diouf wasn't that decisive..

• These are the 14 players that will play the Montreux tournament:

Setter: Camera e Malinov.
    MB: Calloni, Folie, Melandri e Pisani.
    OH and OPP: Sorokaite, Loda, Sylla, Guerra, Egonu, Perinelli.
    L: Parrocchiale e Spirito.

Source

• These are the 14 players that will play the Montreux tournament:

Setter: Camera, Malinov.
    MB: Calloni, Folie, Melandri e Pisani.
    OH : Sorokaite, Loda, Guerra, Perinelli.
    OP : Sylla, Egonu
    L: Parrocchiale, Spirito

• never heard of calloni. is this her first time in the NT? she's not young.

is she like juciely, who never gets called to the olympics or WCh but only minor tournaments?

career
    stats
    Productivity along the lines of Guiggi and Arrighetti, even something more at blocking.
    Why no NT at all? Who knows, maybe she has never been young enough.

• Noemi Signorile has left NT training because of her personal issues, the coaches will discuss about her future in NT soon. In the meanwhile, Benedetta Mambelli who was going to play European Games in Baku has been replaced by Ilaria Spirito.

• :what:

What about the veterans who were supposed to join the team later? We do like last year? Last minute call, late physical preparation etc?

Very strange. Maybe Mencarelli (do you remember him?) chose this roster. Well, he actually did, in 2013.

What about the veterans who were supposed to join the team later? We do like last year? Last minute call, late physical preparation etc?

Very strange. Maybe Mencarelli (do you remember him?) chose this roster. Well, he actually did, in 2013.

Schedule is tight and maybe they prepare A team for World Cup and WCH, so top players could have got more time for relax and recovery :wavy: WGP is less important :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Schedule is tight and maybe they prepare A team for World Cup and WCH, so top players could have got more time for relax and recovery :wavy: WGP is less important :whistle:

Probably you meant ECH, not WCH...and Italy won't play the World Cup this year (we are at second place in the ranking together with Serbia, but they had a better placement at the last ECH, so they are qualified), we need to wait for the Qualification Tournament in January.

• yes, I meant ECH :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Signorile still did not return to the team? Anyone knows what's her problem?

I like Malinov a lot but taking two so young setters is a risk...

I read that Signorile needed some rest..she herself said that it has been a tough season and just needed some time to recover...I don't know what will happen with her, neither when she'll come back! Anyway I think that veterans will join the team later.. I think it is different from last year when Lo Bianco Cardullo and Costagrande were called at the last moment... in that case they didn't even expected to be called, this year the plans are different!

• Alessia Gennari underwent surgery in Rome and she will start training from tomorrow.
    http://www.volleybergamo.it/vo…rgamo.asp?id=7&idnews=373

I really hope she makes it to ECH, she's been player superb.

She said that the operation (they basically "cleaned" her knee) lasted only 15 minutes, with local anesthesia. She should be ready for ECH, she will start to work immediately :thumbsup: