• sorry, her fans! but since WWC 2010 in Japan I don't see Maret Grothues that good. in RCC this season, she was so so (and it's being so much kindness with her).
    her attack and block is weaker than what Plak, Buijs, Flier or Pietersen can do. ok, she was and is recovering from a serious injury, but...

i think Guidetti will give chances to Flier play as starting. she deserves it, she played very solid and good matches in Chinese League. she can improve her jump on attack to be better attacker than she is being now. she needs a especific work on this. let's see! I really like this team. ^^

Grothues is on court, especially for her reception. Hopefully she will keep improving after her serious injury. The same for Sloetjes.

About Flier: she had some weaker performances last summer, but she has so much experience...I would prefer her above Sloetjes and Pietersen. I;m glad to read your report about Chinese League :drink:

P.S. The strongest force will be on the bench..I'm so happy Guidetti is our coach....(I don't want to think about the idiot Vermeulen anymore).

• Flier wasn't that good in China. I think she played together with Ocasio, and was usually not the best scorer of the team, and was there to do that. However numbers never tell the whole story

Yes, she played in the same team as Ocasio :win:

• Since you are from Turkey, could you tell me about Pietersen's performance in Trabzon?

her performance isn't bad in overall but her performance wasn't good against top teams.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• her performance isn't bad in overall but her performance wasn't good against top teams.

No surprise...she is an original MB !!! She was converted to opposite in Amstelveen/Dresden...but she lacks the typical opposite-features: power and height.

• to be honest, i didnt watch many matches of Idmanocağı...i watched just one or two matches in which Pietersen was playing and she was not bad...but as i said i didnt/couldnt watch Pietersen much therefore it would be wrong to express a certain opinion about her..i think she doesnt seem to lead her team on high level as opp but when the offence is shared balancedly ( amongst a few players) then she may contribute..

• to be honest, i didnt watch many matches of Idmanocağı...i watched just one or two matches in which Pietersen was playing and she was not bad...but as i said i didnt/couldnt watch Pietersen much therefore it would be wrong to express a certain opinion about her..i think she doesnt seem to lead her team on high level as opp but when the offence is shared balancedly ( amongst a few players) then she may contribute..
    watch Pitersen

She is indeed no typical 'leading' opposite...especially against the world-class teams from Istanbul, I can imagine she had a very hard time. She benefits from fast sets.

• I agree that Plak is an excellent spiker and can develop better but I hope she stays as OH, because she has the potential to be a good one pretty soon. 1,90cm tall and quite decent reception and she's only 20 :)

About Flier : She's basically never been good in club recently, after getting older and physical degradation she's no longer a leading OPP. So, probably she wasn't convincing in Chinese league either.

• I agree that Plak is an excellent spiker and can develop better but I hope she stays as OH, because she has the potential to be a good one pretty soon. 1,90cm tall and quite decent reception and she's only 20 :)

About Flier : She's basically never been good in club recently, after getting older and physical degradation she's no longer a leading OPP. So, probably she wasn't convincing in Chinese league either.

Flier is a player that needs to be strong and always to be working hard at the gym. The physical part is very important for her as I player. Since she went to Japan, (for money by the way) she lost it a lot. When Garay played there, she said that the focus is on training on court and the physical part is not that important in Japan, mainly because they have more technical than strong players.

After the terrible season, she made a lot of bad choices choosing her teams. Anyway, past is past. As far as I know, she wasn't brilliant in China, but she was good. Flier and Ocasio were the only scorers from the team, so she had a lot os responsability and she did it ok during the season (I was looking at some translated stats :whistle: )

I hope to see Flier as a leader and helping the team in attack. She's one of my favorite players.

• Flier is a player that needs to be strong and always to be working hard at the gym. The physical part is very important for her as I player. Since she went to Japan, (for money by the way) she lost it a lot. When Garay played there, she said that the focus is on training on court and the physical part is not that important in Japan, mainly because they have more technical than strong players.

After the terrible season, she made a lot of bad choices choosing her teams. Anyway, past is past. As far as I know, she wasn't brilliant in China, but she was good. Flier and Ocasio were the only scorers from the team, so she had a lot os responsability and she did it ok during the season (I was looking at some translated stats :whistle: )

I hope to see Flier as a leader and helping the team in attack. She's one of my favorite players.

I agree. Flier is one of bad examples regarding club transfers. Molnar's level also dropped a lot after one season in Japan, she even got an injury so she barely could hit afterwards. I think it's all about money or exotic stuff but personally I don't understand why european players dare decide to play in Asia :whistle: Especially in Korea or Japan, they need to be capable of scoring more than 50 points, no wonder why their physical condition drops out dramatically...

• I agree. Flier is one of bad examples regarding club transfers. Molnar's level also dropped a lot after one season in Japan, she even got an injury so she barely could hit afterwards. I think it's all about money or exotic stuff but personally I don't understand why european players dare decide to play in Asia :whistle: Especially in Korea or Japan, they need to be capable of scoring more than 50 points, no wonder why their physical condition drops out dramatically...

I don't know if it is the same in China and mainly in Korea. Joycinha played in Korea for the last seasons and she said that the physical part is a focus mainly for the foreign player, because they are always being used by the setters. I think it is only in Japan! Some japanese, korean and chinese friend could enlight me, please?

I think that players usually decide to sign for money (and they are not wrong, because it is also a professional stuff), but Flier had a lot of good options in Italy after playing for Pesaro, and I think that staying in the country that she played for so many years could be the smartest choice in an olympic year. After that, she could try something new.

I disagree about your point of view about europeans playing in Asia... I think that it is not the fact of being european or brazilian or african or american, it is more than this. It depends on the player. Garay was awesome playing for NEC Red Rockets, because she was already a very strong player and her physical form is enviable. But in Flier's case, it is always up and down when we think about physical part.

• Celeste looks like a middle school girl :D And it's nice to see Debby back, she obviously wouldn't make a huge difference to the team, but leastwise can contribute to the team especially in reception. If she shows the stable reception and defense that she used to demonstrate, why not her in stead of Knip or Schoot ;)

• This site looks pretty cool and have a good concept.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Montreux: 14 selected -

Setters: Laura Dijkema, Femke Stoltenborg;
    Opp: Judith Pietersen, Lonneke Sloetjes;
    OH: Anne Buijs, Maret Grothues, Celeste Plak, Nicole Oude Luttikhuis;
    MB: Robin de Kruijf, Yvon Beliën, Quinta Steenbergen, Nicole Koolhaas;
    L: Myrthe Schoot, Debby Stam-Pilon.

http://www.volleybalkrant.nl/n…huis#.VV9K-Ng356c.twitter

If google translator worked well :rolleyes: , 90% of this group will also play the European Games. Manon Flier will keep training in Papendal, but she will be absent of Montreux and Baku Games.

• Google did a good job :win: ;)

• http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…ogramma-selectie-montreux

Pressconference and programm

https://www.facebook.com/volle…343372571/?type=1&theater

on the picture above are 18 girls:

Setters: Dijkema, Stoltenborg, Molendijk
    Opp: Flier, Sloetjes, Pietersen
    OH: Plak, Buijs, Grothues, Oude Luttikhuis
    MB: De Kruijf, Beliën, Steenbergen, Koolhaas, Wagendorp
    L: Stam, Schoot, Knip

Some info about the new girls:

Nicole Oude Luttikhuis (jersey 17) (17 years old, 1,92m, MB...but she will play at OH position)

Marlies Wagendorp (jersey 18) (21 years old, 1.93m, MB) http://www.elteevolley.com/player/marlies-wagendorp

Not on picture: Ester van Berkel, Kim Renkema, Quirine Oosterveld....I can't imagine they are already out for rest of the summer....