2015 / 2016 Transfer News

• Kurek as opposite will rival Sokolov and Atansjevic, so Resovia can show up to another Champions League final.

I have solid reasons to doubt that yet. Let's wait and see, it's a relatively new role to him. My bet right now would be that Schoeps will still be used more, or maybe not less, and even as a starter at the beginning of the season.

• Kurek as opposite will rival Sokolov and Atansjevic, so Resovia can show up to another Champions League final.

Totally disagree. Did you ever seen how Kurek attacks from Area 1 and 2 (the right of the net)? He's good (but only powerful, without technique) when he attacks from Area 4 (the left of the net), but from Area 1/2 his attacks are very bad. Moreover, in the last 3 years in Russia and in Italy Kurek is not anymore the player that he used to be before 2012, he's worse.
    We will se, but I'm not so optimistic at all.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• Kurek already tried to play as opposite in the beginning of his career and it was an epic fail. :whistle: And As I mentioned earlier, He dropped his perfomances in the last 3 years.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I agree with Raylight. Kurek remains in top of stats all the time of World League and he plays excellent against top teams with high block like USA. Without him I cannot imagine our NT so far. Also we shouldn't connect it with his bad seasons in different position while all of us knows he never received well and it disturbed every team where he was. Surprisingly I saw his stats of last season from Italy and he was in top of stats with about 55% attack per match being OH. (legapalavollo stats)
    He became so regular in serving, some experts saw he changed his way of tossing the ball. Nowdays his great physical conditions are decisive to become so easy good attacker and have advantage over attackers with lower height that even can have better technic.

• I agree with Raylight. Kurek remains in top of stats all the time of World League and he plays excellent against top teams with high block like USA. Without him I cannot imagine our NT so far. Also we shouldn't connect it with his bad seasons in different position while all of us knows he never received well and it disturbed every team where he was. Surprisingly I saw his stats of last season from Italy and he was in top of stats with about 55% attack per match being OH. (legapalavollo stats)
    He became so regular in serving, some experts saw he changed his tossing the ball. Nowdays his great physical conditions are decisive to become so easy good attacker and have advantage over attackers with lower height that even can have better technic.

Well, the stats I see at legavolley.it says 49.4% in attack, probably accumulated against the likes of Padova, Milano, Monza, Ravenna, and Citta di Castello. Treia failed miserably at the first round of the playoffs against Latina, when it actually mattered the most, so you can take these numbers if you would like instead. Of course, it wasn't Kurek's fault, the entire team underperformed and had a bad season overall. So I wouldn't believe in numbers when the whole team deserves a bad average grade. You are right though, his serve became more consistent, but less powerful, in my opinion. The new toss was easy to be seen, it reminds me of Fei's serve. Who knows, maybe they were practising it together at some point.

• Well, the stats I see at legavolley.it says 49.4% in attack, probably accumulated against the likes of Padova, Milano, Monza, Ravenna, and Citta di Castello. Treia failed miserably at the first round of the playoffs against Latina, when it actually mattered the most, so you can take these numbers if you would like instead. Of course, it wasn't Kurek's fault, the entire team underperformed and had a bad season overall. So I wouldn't believe in numbers when the whole team deserves a bad average grade. You are right though, his serve became more consistent, but less powerful, in my opinion. The new toss was easy to be seen, it reminds me of Fei's serve. Who knows, maybe they were practising it together at some point.

Kurek is a person that hardly adapt to new people in different country. His injury in Russia changed him a lot. Also way of strong serving in Russia at every match showed he is too wooden to receive at normal level. During his injury he closed to the world and couldn't come back to normality. As attacker he can finally focuse on attacking and it's a big relief for him as we're seeing it now. His new service is with good direction. In past we saw many times his serves with big power but without idea, just to tribune.

• http://worldleague.2015.fivb.c…on/results_and_statistics

1st Best scorer 207 points, 180 spikes.
    8th Best attacker 49,86% while Atanasijevic 47,81, Zaytsev 41,94

You don't have to consider Zaytsev becuase he's playing as OH, which is not his right position

• You don't have to consider Zaytsev becuase he's playing as OH, which is not his right position

It's the same as we shouldn't consider Kurek as OH from his last 2 club seasons to now being OPP. On the other hand we can consider Atanasijevic as OPP and Kurek as OPP in this NT season.

• It's the same as we shouldn't consider Kurek as OH from his last 2 club seasons to now being OPP. On the other hand we can consider Atanasijevic as OPP and Kurek as OPP in this NT season.

Indeed I don't consider Kurek :thumbup:

• Viktor Yosifov moves to Latina

http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2015/07/12/62784/

This is a very weird and incredibly fast move by Latina! Three days ago they still didn't know if they would get their license for Serie A, then in no time they signed with Camilo Placi who immediately recruited Viktor Yosifov. As if Viktor had been waiting without an idea about his future and without any offers... He gave an interview already yesterday and said that the region (Latina is close to Rome, he used to play for M. Roma Volley at the beginning of his career abroad) and Placi are the two main reasons to return to Italy.