Russian NT 2015

• I'm watching the Germany friendly and Klyuka looks more and more like a starter to me. Аnd I'm afraid to say, so does Kovalev. Klyuka is playing opp though. These two seem to be the only people on the roster interested in winning anything.

My first-hand impressions from yesterdays match against Germany are, that i am still not sure about Klyuka (he played OH yesterday), but things got really better for Russia when Kovalev took over from Grankin after first set. Grankin was really really bad :white:
    Set 2 and 3 was good old "old school" russian volleyball. Serve and Block and Mikhailov on Op were awsome. In second set alone, they made 11 kill blocks . Alekno tried all his OHs and Sivozhelez was probably the best of them. not sure about the rest, i didn't keep book.

• Match 1

Germany 3x1 Rússia - (25x17 - 23x25 - 25x23 - 25x23)

Rússia:

Grankin - Kruglov
    Muserskiy - Volvich
    Mikhaylov - Sivozhelez
    Verbov

Muserskiy (MB) - 16 points
    Mikhaylov - 14 points
    Klyuka (OPP) - 12 points
    Sivozhelez - 9 points
    Volvich - 7 points
    Kruglov - 5 points

Match 2

Rússia 3x2 Germany - (25x22 - 17x25 - 17x25 - 25x23 - 11x15)

Grankin - Mikhaylov (OPP)
    Sivozhelez - Klyuka
    Muserskiy (MB) - Vlasov (Best duo MB in the word)
    Verbov

Mikhaylov - 19 points
    Muserskiy - 13 points
    Sivozhelez - 13 points
    Vlasov - 11 points
    Klyuka - 9 points

Savin - 8 points
    Kovalev - 5 points

:super:

• My first-hand impressions from yesterdays match against Germany are, that i am still not sure about Klyuka (he played OH yesterday), but things got really better for Russia when Kovalev took over from Grankin after first set. Grankin was really really bad :white:
    Set 2 and 3 was good old "old school" russian volleyball. Serve and Block and Mikhailov on Op were awsome. In second set alone, they made 11 kill blocks . Alekno tried all his OHs and Sivozhelez was probably the best of them. not sure about the rest, i didn't keep book.

Thanks a lot. I must say Kovalev is really fighting for the spot. Leaving Grankin at home would be quite a step... Although I think the victim might be Kobzar. Klyuka has Alekno's sympathies for sure and he is much younger than the rest (Ilinykh, Savin).

• Alexey Spiridonov (OH) and Ilyas Kurkaev (MB) is OUT.

http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20151005/869242123.html

In training:

S - Dmitri Kovalev - Igor Kobzar - Sergei Grankin.

OH - Dmitry Ilyin - Evgeni Sivozhelez - Sergey Savin - Egor Klyuka.

MB - Dmitry Musersky - Artem Volvich - Ilya Vlasov.

OP - Maxim Mikhailov - Victor Poletaev - Pavel Kruglov.

L - Aleksey Obmochaev - Alexei Verbov.

I believe just another setter and oppositte will be out... in my opinion, Igor Kobzar and Pavel Kruglov out.

• there are 15 players remaining, so only 1 will be out, probably one from Setters - either Kobzar or Kovalev... I'd take 3 OPs, Mikhaylov can be still OH if necessary :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• My team is:

Grankin - Mikhaylov
    Musersky - Vlasov
    Klyuka - Sivozhelez
    Verbov

No like Volvich and Savin.

Ilyinis a offensive OH, but your reception is so bad.

Mikhaylov plays much better as OPP, and I believe that all list OH can play a good role.

Very Good, Musersky playing as MB and Mikhaylov as OPP.

I believe that with Vlasov, form the best pair MB of world :super:

• Russia Wide Roster list for European Olympic Qualifier in Berlin - http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-in-roster-wide-list.html

Vladimir Alekno has announced the wide squad of the Russian national
    team that will start preparations for the European Olympic Qualifier in
    Berlin. There are some surprises...

Head coach of Russia decided to once again call legendary Sergey Teyukhin, while Alexander Volkov returns to the national team. On the other side, Alekno decided not to include Alexander Butko in the wide roster! The European Olympic Qualifier is scheduled for January 5-9 and it will be held in Berlin.

Check out the full roster of Russia:

Setters: Dmitri Kovalev, Sergei Grankin, Igor Kolodinskiy

Receivers: Evgeny Sivozhelez, Sergey Tetyukhin, Yuri Berezhko, Sergey Savin, Egor Kliuka, Alexander Markin

Opposites: Maxim Mikhaylov, Victor Poletaev, Konstantin Bakun

Middle Blockers: Dmitry Muserskiy, Ilya Vlasov, Artem Volvich, Andrey Ashev, Alexander Volkov, Dmitry Scherbinin

Libero: Aleksey Obmochaev, Alexei Verbov, Valentin Golubov, Artem Ermakov

• I may not agree with all the names, especially in exclusion of Kruglov , but Alekno has been doing some courageous and wise decisions since he returned. Good to see Bakun finally on the list, even tough i doubt he will make the cut.

In this moment Berezhko is yes the best " defensive OH " after Tetyukhin, one of them should pair with Kliuka. Really nice to see Spiridonov and Illinikh out :wavy:

And i just hope Vlasov stay, he must play more with NT to gain more experience, cause that guy is sick

• Russia Wide Roster list for European Olympic Qualifier in Berlin -

Butko and Bakun can't play in the same team so Butko had to be excluded. Alekno is not completely confident in Mikhaylov and on the paper Bakun and Zhigalov are two best opps at the moment. I agree that Kruglov would have been useful but he had some kind of injuries. Berezhko and Markin look very good in the start of the season, so no surprise here for me. Aschev and Savin were sick and Sivo was very average recently too. Volkov had several very good matches but is he really back to his best shape? Kolodinskiy sounds like the biggest surprise to me. The negative surprise is the lack of Rodichev who is doing well in the league.

• so many absences: no Kobzar, no Butko, no Kruglov, no Moroz, no Ilinykh, no Spiridonov, no Apalikov but maybe it will pay off ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• My prediction - Rússia 2016 - EQT and Olympic Games Rio 2016

S: Kovalev - Grankin

OH: Sivozhelez - Tetyukhin - Berezhko - Kliuka

OPP: Mikhaylov - Poletaev

MB: Muserskiy - Vlasov - Volkov

L: Obmochaev - Verbov

• Yes, the rule only applies for NTs of the same age group. Playing for a Junior NT of one country doesn't interfere with playing for the Senior NT of another country.