2015 / 2016 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• If their libero were either Leonardi who's used to 2 receiver system or Yuko Sano, I'd let A.Cruz and the libero pass all the time and put Fawcett as passing free OH. As far as I have seen so far Sansonna isn't able to do that, well she may but it's going to be very risky.

Leonardi? 8|

Her passing is one of the worst among the italian liberos. Expecially when she plays euro cup with Mikasa. Sansonna is so far a better libero and I'm far from being her fan. Leonardi's one and only big luck is having been playing for years beside the best receiver in the world, Francesca Marcon. Even Carla Rossetto in Conegliano was a solid passer with Cisky by her side. :whistle:

• Leonardi? 8|

Her passing is one of the worst among the italian liberos. Expecially when she plays euro cup with Mikasa. Sansonna is so far a better libero and I'm far from being her fan. Leonardi's one and only big luck is having been playing for years beside the best receiver in the world, Francesca Marcon. Even Carla Rossetto in Conegliano was a solid passer with Cisky by her side. :whistle:

That's why I wrote she's used to 2 receiver system, I'm doubtful if she's so good.

• If their libero were either Leonardi who's used to 2 receiver system or Yuko Sano, I'd let A.Cruz and the libero pass all the time and put Fawcett as passing free OH. As far as I have seen so far Sansonna isn't able to do that, well she may but it's going to be very risky.

Novara (Sansonna-Hill) did it last season when Klineman was struggling on pass (and it happened very often), it worked in some games.

Quoted from ravens#7
    Leonardi's one and only big luck is having been playing for years beside the best receiver in the world,

You forgot her look. :lol:

BTW. I thought the transfer windows is closed now or is it only in Germany?

• I can't understand the excitement about Fawcett. They need a OH who can both receive and spike. This is not the case.

• No..They need someone who can score with Fabris. They already have OH for reception and not for scoring. They don't have so many money to buy world class player like Fe Geray

• Nneka Onyejekwe was still free at middle december. I think she was training in Romania but I don't know where.

WOV mentions the possibility of Dresdner SC signing her to replace injured MB Whitney Little.

• From french newspaper L'ALSACE, a new setter is currently on try in RC Cannes. They will maybe look for a new spiker since Bianchini left the team.

How much budget were they asked to reduce? It's kinda painful to watch Cannes this season.

• How much budget were they asked to reduce? It's kinda painful to watch Cannes this season.

I don't know... But it's not only a question of budget. They wanted to build a new project with a very young team and promising players. And some french too. Instead of buying expensive players and not having good results (like with Tom, Faucette and Ebata last year who spent most of the time in bench and some difficulties with Faucette).

• I don't know... But it's not only a question of budget. They wanted to build a new project with a very young team and promising players. And some french too. Instead of buying expensive players and not having good results (like with Tom, Faucette and Ebata last year who spent most of the time in bench and some difficulties with Faucette).

Yeah that's true, but I think last years results were expected. Maybe not winning against Vizura 3-2 or losing French Cup, but Cannes team went some levels down from last seasons.
    From Antonijevic to Apitz
    From Centoni (who was great in Cannes) to Faucette (who I think had matches of her life in the beginning, she is just weaker than that)
    From Rasic and Aelbrecht/Ravva to Onyejekwe (in much worse shape than she was in Volero) and Wopat
    Maybe only the OH were on a similar level as before although Logan had some great matches and some very poor once, as well as Bursac.

• Yeah that's true, but I think last years results were expected. Maybe not winning against Vizura 3-2 or losing French Cup, but Cannes team went some levels down from last seasons.
    From Antonijevic to Apitz
    From Centoni (who was great in Cannes) to Faucette (who I think had matches of her life in the beginning, she is just weaker than that)
    From Rasic and Aelbrecht/Ravva to Onyejekwe (in much worse shape than she was in Volero) and Wopat
    Maybe only the OH were on a similar level as before although Logan had some great matches and some very poor once, as well as Bursac.

You know, Cannes hired Antonijevic and Rasic when They were not well known and in Cannes they became world class players. The sign them for Many years with reasonnable contract. They were well paid, but far from what they earn right know.
    Cannes could never aford this kind of players in team now... The only way is to have them young, cheaper and turn them in great players.

Last year, it was impossible replacing Rasic and Antonijevic with players as good as They were without paying a lot of money... What Cannes can't do. So they signed Apitz and renew with Onyejekwe (who I think did a great job in Cannes).
    For Centoni it was the same, she was playing in average italian serie A team... She came in Cannes with good contract bug not earning as much as in galatassaray now. And in Cannes she reached a very good level. And she stayer their for Many years because she was feeling really well there. You can't remplace this this kind of player with one as good without paying a lot too... And I guess Faucette was not that cheap either but had really few good games.

Last year Bursac save the team ma y times... And Logan played well until Bâle tournament.

Cannes is trying to repeat What They did with Rasic and Antonijevic, but you need some luck too to find a really young promising players... And it'S difficult also because it was not the case before but now a lot of clubs are doing that too (big club are buying a lot of young players and pur them on loan).

• Surprise transfer: Alice Blom will play for Schweriner SC for the rest of the season. She stopped playing volleyball in 2012 because her father was seriously ill, then after one year she restarted training but had problems with her hip, after a surgery last year she is healthy now and happy to have found a team because she still enjoys volleyball a lot.

What a surprise.....

Good luck, Alice !!

By the way, she seems to know Kenia Caceres very well. Does Alice have a Cuban boyfriend?

• My point was that their results last year were expected since their team was weaker than those before.. I know the reasons were financial and that's why they were weaker..