2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• I was expecting 5 sets to this game, but all that I see was Vakif destroying Eczacibasi and Caprara just watching her team lose the way without a single move to help them. ;(

• My favorite thing about Ognjenovic is that she does not need to run fast sets to get her hitters isolated. So deceptive.

• In 2nd set in Dinamo-Dresdner match one of German Players sat on bench and cried.. cried.. and cried.
    Why?

• In 2nd set in Dinamo-Dresdner match one of German Players sat on bench and cried.. cried.. and cried.
    Why?

Number 10, Katie Slay, got hit in the eye by the ball and had a vision problem. She couldn't see well enough to continue playing. According to a local newspaper she is being checked out by an ophthalmologist today.

• Ok guys, Eczacibasi lost badly today, but the last time they lost in 5, and some weeks ago won against Vakif in TL with the same line-up. Let's not exaggerate.. Caprara should have made some changes today, but this was the line-up that worked the most for them the whole season

I agree, Eczaci found their best line-up but their best line-up is far from what they spent in their budget. Caprara must be kicked as soon as possible. I mean you can simply build a 2nd team that can actually play playoffs in champions league from Eczaci's bench players: Kreklow-Boskovic, Neriman-Baladin, Toksoy-Cansu and Bagci.
    I understand why they transferred Boskovic, because they wanted to make an investment but noone can explain why Neriman and Calderon together, why Toksoy if you will never use her. Remember that these players are probably one of the most expensive ones in the market as well and then you go and lose to Galatasaray in the domestic league, which probably spent 5-10% of the money Eczaci spent. What a shame.
    It is also unbelievable that they made a contract with Caprara until 2017 :wall:

I forgot to add, I think the weakest link in Eczacibasi is their MBs. I dont remember a single match where their MBs dominated it by scoring loads or blocking exclusively. Poljak and Furst are done for this level and Eczaci should use these two foreign spots for much better MBs. A good candidate is Stevanovic.

• I think that Maja is a high class player yet, Furst it's done...

Nilay are not the setter who used your MB a lot of..or just a little... an example.. Zariasko have been superb in Uralochka (attack),but Russian Setters don't use her very well in NT.

I think that this could be the same thing what is happening with Maja in ECZ

Kreklow could be more creative than Nilay.... but she was very poor in the beginning of the season

Caprara was really stupid.. how possible is not give a chance to Tijana Boskovic! She was really powerful when she get time on court but was to late.

• I agree, Eczaci found their best line-up but their best line-up is far from what they spent in their budget. Caprara must be kicked as soon as possible. I mean you can simply build a 2nd team that can actually play playoffs in champions league from Eczaci's bench players: Kreklow-Boskovic, Neriman-Baladin, Toksoy-Cansu and Bagci.
    I understand why they transferred Boskovic, because they wanted to make an investment but noone can explain why Neriman and Calderon together, why Toksoy if you will never use her. Remember that these players are probably one of the most expensive ones in the market as well and then you go and lose to Galatasaray in the domestic league, which probably spent 5-10% of the money Eczaci spent. What a shame.
    It is also unbelievable that they made a contract with Caprara until 2017 :wall:

I forgot to add, I think the weakest link in Eczacibasi is their MBs. I dont remember a single match where their MBs dominated it by scoring loads or blocking exclusively. Poljak and Furst are done for this level and Eczaci should use these two foreign spots for much better MBs. A good candidate is Stevanovic.

If Eczacibasi let Maja go, every TOP team in Europe would transfer her. She is still the BEST blocker in Europe.

• Did the formula changed this year? Last years they made teams from the same country match each other even before the final four (Bergamo played two times against Pesaro in play off 6 and then in semifinal against Perugia or Novara, in the last two editions they won, last year Vakif faced Fener and then Eczaci...). Now we already have Piacenza-Kazan and Moscow-Fenerbahce.. Shouldn't it be Moscow-Kazan and Vakif-Fener?