Russia - Суперлига 2015/16

• http://tvstart.ru/?page_id=14930
    Good game now between Yenisey Krasnoyarsk and Dinamo Moscow. 1-1 sets. Yulia Bessonnaya have to play for better team next year. Also I think Pankova sets to Garay much better than Fabiola did last season and together with Natalia Garay is the best pair of OH for Brazil NT no doubt.

Bessonnaya's problem is that she is a bit of an unorthodox case for Russian volleyball. Very good but not very tall (see her blocking stats) and, I presume, hence out of the scout's sphere of interest. She's not in her teens...

You know, what strikes me in the Superleague (mostly true for the men's edition) is the number of superb players who remained totally invisible until the age of 25+ due to some unorthodox features. Kutsmus of Ural, Karpukhov of Kuzbass/Samotlor, Kozlov of Orenburg are proper volleyball players, excellently coordinated and spectacular in action. No, we would better go with a fencer Klyuka because he is 209 cm tall or bring a tennis-player Illinykh or grab Baranov instead.

• Bessonnaya's problem is that she is a bit of an unorthodox case for Russian volleyball. Very good but not very tall (see her blocking stats) and, I presume, hence out of the scout's sphere of interest. She's not in her teens...

You know, what strikes me in the Superleague (mostly true for the men's edition) is the number of superb players who remained totally invisible until the age of 25+ due to some unorthodox features. Kutsmus of Ural, Karpukhov of Kuzbass/Samotlor, Kozlov of Orenburg are proper volleyball players, excellently coordinated and spectacular in action. No, we would better go with a fencer Klyuka because he is 209 cm tall or bring a tennis-player Illinykh or grab Baranov instead.

I don't follow men's league at all, so have no idea what goes on there. I've never seen Kutsmus or Karpukhov playing, unfortunately.
    Talking about women I think situation have changed in recent years. Yana Shcherban could be called unorthodox, but now she's the best Russian OH. Yulia Kutyukova is like that too (although she's fading so badly in Leningradka this season it'a painful to watch), Rita Kurilo. Russian volleyball needs players with reception, I haven't seen that many Bessonnaya's games but if she's steady in reception, she would be welcome for example, in Krasnodar for sure, IMO.

• Is Ulanova back with Kazan? I just saw her name in Dinamo's roster after today's game and apparently she was also with the team during the Champions League match against Uralochka. But I can't find any official news on Kazan's website ?(

• Is Ulanova back with Kazan? I just saw her name in Dinamo's roster after today's game and apparently she was also with the team during the Champions League match against Uralochka. But I can't find any official news on Kazan's website ?(

yes, she is. she's in the roster from CL game vs Uralochka, hopes to be in the best shape for decisive games in April

• Kosheleva twisted her ankle during the game with Leningradka, was substituted in the 3rd set. Maybe anybody has news on her?

• yes, she is. she's in the roster from CL game vs Uralochka, hopes to be in the best shape for decisive games in April

Okay, thanks! :flower:

• One thing I really admire about Natasha is that she's ALWAYS so straight forwarded, never superficial excuses or sweet but faked words said by her :D

• She's playing in Krasnodar's CEV Cup match right now so it was nothing serious eventually :)

I fear, that ankle injury came back today, because I saw her leaving our SCHARRena helped by two other Krasnodar players, she could not walk on her own :( . That's a pity, it was a really great experience to see her playing live on court, although it was definietly no fun for our Stuttgart MTV team. She is simply one of the best outside hitters of the world. I hope she recovers quickly and can finally gain in the Russian Championship with Dynamo KRASNODAR one of the three top spots to play Champions League next year - they definitely deserve it, being stronger than the majority of the Champions League participants of the current season, which were pretty good overall.

• Natalya Goncharova scored 40 points (with 56% in attack :cheesy: 9 mistakes, though) in today's match against Uralochka. Was she trying to prove anything to Karpol? :D Joking aside, it was almost another day in the office for Natalya. She's 49% this season in the Russian League.

Meanwhile Krasnodar lost to Yenisey in 4 sets.

• Do you know Garay's numbers?

Sure. She scored 15 points (12/33, 36%, 3 blocks). She received 41 balls, made 1 mistake and got 56/24%.

Here are full stats: http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=2982&Itemid=77

• Goncharova's golden days :rose:

I hope Moscow's coach gives some chances to both Bavykina and Markova, upon the arrival of Rodrigues their reception has gotten a lot better however in attacking they need someone to help Goncharova, Scherban's shoulders don't seem to be perfectly recovered yet in addition.

• Sure. She scored 15 points (12/33, 36%, 3 blocks). She received 41 balls, made 1 mistake and got 56/24%.

Here are full stats: http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…me&game_id=2982&Itemid=77

thanks! I'm happy that Garay is playing well and helping her team...much better than previous 2 seasons. Of course having Goncharova on the same side helps a lot ! :lol: