Russia - Суперлига 2015/16

• I just read that the winner of Russian Superleague will be #1 in the first phase...very weird! Is that true? :S

• I just read that the winner of Russian Superleague will be #1 in the first phase...very weird! Is that true? :S

It is, but for the men's league. There are no play-offs or anything, the winner of the first phase will be the champion. However in the women's league there will be Final Four tournament played between 25 and 26 of April (a week after the first phase ending). Semifinals and then on the next day final and the match for the 3rd place.

• It is, but for the men's league. There are no play-offs or anything, the winner of the first phase will be the champion. However in the women's league there will be Final Four tournament played between 25 and 26 of April (a week after the first phase ending). Semifinals and then on the next day final and the match for the 3rd place.

thanks! I read it in here and it says the same rules would apply to women's league, but they're probably wrong: http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…w-close-to-win-title.html

• Hmm, on the official site of the Russian Federation it still says that there will be Final Four tournament for the women's league on the bottom of the regular season page. There's nothing on the men's page. I've read the original article, that WoV based their news on, and there's NOTHING about women's league. Gian Luca Pasini, Italian journalist, writes only about the men's league and Zenit Kazan, who's currently leading in the standings and has virtually won the title. So that bit about women's league is, for me at least, disinformation from WoV.

• In today's interview with Gamova on sovsport.ru site (very interesting, btw), she confirms the final Four tournament and adds that it will most likely be held in Kaliningrad.

• So officially the Final Four tournament will be held in Moscow between 25-26 of April. There are still 6 rounds to play. Moscow leads the standings with 40 points (they haven't yet lost a game), then Kazan (35 pts), and trio: Krasnodar, Uralochka (both 29 points) and Proton (28 p). The trio will play against each other in the coming rounds, so that should be interesting.

• What about Kosheleva's prolonged absence? Is it still her ankle (and if yes, why did she play a match in between and then disappeared again?) or will it turn out that she has the same "heart problems" as Maria Sharapova and Alexander Markin? ?(

• I think someone posted that she reinjured her ankle in the match she played

Yes, but it was strange. She played 2 sets without any problems and after 2 sets Krasnodar already was through to next round, so Kosheleva didn't play after that. However, she also wasn't around after the match for handshakes etc., so if anything happened to her it must have been during 3rd set when she didn't even play...

• Interview with Koshevela between 1st and 2nd set - She's still not training, doctors forbid that. Although she says she's feeling fine already. Not sure if she'll be ready for CEV final, but there's hope.

• Proton is fortunate to have to face the easier teams at the start of the round but they'll have to play against the stronger teams one after another. Their next matches are against Kazan, Moskva, Uralochka, Zarechie, and Krasnodar.