Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• Vicenza has clinched a spot in Serie A1 for the next season as they are now 11 points ahead of Firenze and Bolzano with 2 rounds to go.
    The last team is automatically relegated. If the difference between teams ranked 11 and 12 is bigger than 4 points, the team ranked #12 is also relegated. If not, those two teams play in relegation play-off.

Currently, the team ranked #11 Club Italia is 10 points ahead of Firenze and Bolzano. If either of those two want to survive, they have to win 6 points in the next two wounds while Club Italia mustn't win any. I think it's pretty impossible and most likely we'll see both Firenze and Bolzano in Serie A2 the next season.

• I'm very happy for Laura Partenio. She's so underrated. She deserves to be part of the NT this summer. And it was nice to see Katie Carter having such a good impact for her team. :D

Bolzano gave up on Mari and Ikic in a very bad way. And what happened? They destroyed Martinez's confidence and almost (it's just a matter of time) got relegated because they couldn't find their identity as a team. :wavy:

• Vicenza has clinched a spot in Serie A1 for the next season as they are now 11 points ahead of Firenze and Bolzano with 2 rounds to go.
    The last team is automatically relegated. If the difference between teams ranked 11 and 12 is bigger than 4 points, the team ranked #12 is also relegated. If not, those two teams play in relegation play-off.

Currently, the team ranked #11 Club Italia is 10 points ahead of Firenze and Bolzano. If either of those two want to survive, they have to win 6 points in the next two wounds while Club Italia mustn't win any. I think it's pretty impossible and most likely we'll see both Firenze and Bolzano in Serie A2 the next season.

Do the relegation rules even affect Club Italia? I think they are starting in A1 with a special permission as Italian youngster team (like VCO Berlin in Germany), so aren't they out of contention as far as relegation and playoffs are concerned?

• I've always wondered about that but forgot to ask. If so, Firenze and Bolzano are already down and out.

Edit: it indeed appears to be that way, as Firenze have announced on Facebook that they're relegated.
    And Bolzano have announced it as well. So, that's it.

• I'm very happy for Laura Partenio. She's so underrated. She deserves to be part of the NT this summer. And it was nice to see Katie Carter having such a good impact for her team. :D

Bolzano gave up on Mari and Ikic in a very bad way. And what happened? They destroyed Martinez's confidence and almost (it's just a matter of time) got relegated because they couldn't find their identity as a team. :wavy:

I don't agree on Partenio. She has been considered a great talent and never met the expectations. Had her chances in Cannes, to play big matches in CL, and never did anything great.. didn't play a big role in Novara also.. She is a good player, but I don't think she is underrated. Also Italy has better, and let's say OHs on the same level, with more experience than her, so that being said I don't think there is a place for her in the NT

• Fabris playing a weak game, so Fawcett played as OPP from the second set and helped Novara win scoring 25 points. Second best scorer was Chiricella with 20 points and 67% in attack. She got 21 balls! God know what happened to her.. And whoever said Sylla doesn't deserve to play at this level.. once again she is Bergamo's best scorer

• It's possible that public criticism helped to fire Chiricella up, she's been on a roll lately.
    Malešević has actually done well most of the time when given a chance to play more than few points here and there. I hope she gets to be a starter next season, wherever that might be.

• I don't agree on Partenio. She has been considered a great talent and never met the expectations. Had her chances in Cannes, to play big matches in CL, and never did anything great.. didn't play a big role in Novara also.. She is a good player, but I don't think she is underrated. Also Italy has better, and let's say OHs on the same level, with more experience than her, so that being said I don't think there is a place for her in the NT

Once again, lack of understanding. I think Raven refers to her current performance throughout 15-16 season, nobody denies that she was bad back then in Cannes. I'm not really sure how many matches of Vicenza you have seen, Laura is one of their overall leaders along with Elisa Cella and Carter.

And Sylla is very unstable, so on one match she's on fire and she could be another disaster on next match. Her technic is zero, sadly.

• Once again, lack of understanding. I think Raven refers to her current performance throughout 15-16 season, nobody denies that she was bad back then in Cannes. I'm not really sure how many matches of Vicenza you have seen, Laura is one of their overall leaders along with Elisa Cella and Carter.

And Sylla is very unstable, so on one match she's on fire and she could be another disaster on next match. Her technic is zero, sadly.

Let me introduce you Diouf, the girl who was playing football and once when they needed a 6th girl on court, they asked her to join. Of course I'm kidding but a player with 0 technique can make it to one of the best NTs in the world with power and height, which I find sad.

Sylla is actually doing very well in the last couple of matches in a row. Looks like she is getting used to the level more and more.

• Let me introduce you Diouf, the girl who was playing football and once when they needed a 6th girl on court, they asked her to join. Of course I'm kidding but a player with 0 technique can make it to one of the best NTs in the world with power and height, which I find sad.

Sylla is actually doing very well in the last couple of matches in a row. Looks like she is getting used to the level more and more.

Lol, I think I've already mentioned it, Diouf's role model should be Tayyiba Haneef-Park. Oh btw I never knew her behind story. That's pretty charming tho.

Sylla is the awfullest passer I've ever seen and her attack doesn't make it up for it, of course my opinion. I thought she was around 30, but she's only 21 :what: She's for sure able to develop then.

• Once again, lack of understanding. I think Raven refers to her current performance throughout 15-16 season, nobody denies that she was bad back then in Cannes. I'm not really sure how many matches of Vicenza you have seen, Laura is one of their overall leaders along with Elisa Cella and Carter.

I thought he meant underrated as a player overall not only this season.. She can be the leader of Vicenza but that doesn't make her NT material

• 24th round

Piacenza - Casalmaggiore 3-1 (25-22 25-22 20-25 25-19)
    Meijners 19, Belien 13 (52% att.), Sorokaite 11 (52% att.) / Kozuch 17, Tirozzi 12, Gibbmayer 10
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82009

Scandicci - Conegliano 1-3 (19-25 25-18 19-25 19-25)
    Nikolova 16, Stufi 12, Pietersen 9 / Robinson 22, Easy 16, Nicoletti 12
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82010

Novara - Bergamo 3-2 (16-25 25-19 28-26 22-25 15-12)
    Fawcett 25, Chirichella 20 (67% att.), Malesevic 13 / Sylla 24 (52% att.), Plak 132, Gennari 10, Aelbrecht 10 (53% att.)
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82011

Montichiari - Firenze 3-0 (26-24 25-20 25-22)
    Tomsia 18, Sobolska 11, Gioli 10 / Turlea 14, Krsmanovic 11, Calloni 7
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82012

Modena - Bolzano 3-1 (25-21 21-25 25-12 25-17)
    Diouf 20, Horvath 12, Folie 11, Heyrman 11 (64% att.) / Mambru 16, Martinez 12
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82013

Club Italia - Vicenza 3-2 (17-25 13-25 25-23 25-22 15-13)
    Guerra 15, Piani 15, Danesi 13 (57% att.) / Popovic 18 (55% att, 6 blocks :dance6: ), Carter 17, Partenio 14
    Stats: http://www.legavolleyfemminile…age_id=47322&idgara=82014

Rest: Busto Arsizio

STANDINGS

1. Conegliano 57 -----> winner of regular season :cup:
    2. Piacenza 51
    3. Casalmaggiore 49
    4. Novara 44
    5. Modena 43
    6. Scandicci 36
    7. Bergamo 36
    8. Montichiari 28
    9. Busto Arsizio 27