Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• What a match :super: :white: Really tight and fun to watch. In the end Tomsia alone wasn't enough for Montichiari, Barcellini after a good beginning disappeared and Brinker was as bad as the whole season, so their game became too predictable. For Imoco Ortolani and Robinson overall didn't have a stellar match for sure, but they were there when the team needed them most in 5th set.

• Is Fabris really becoming OH 8| ?(

• maybe she has to, Fawcett is pure OP!

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• :aww: Yes I did. No idea why I wrote Del Core :wall:

Probably because Cardullo got a big heart :cheesy:

• And Pomi, winner of CL is out.

Katarina Barun was amazing today :)

• FOPPA!!!! :super:

The team has grown a lot after mid season, maily cause Gennari and Plak started to be more regular. Barun was amazing tonight! The team played really well both matches and deserved the Semifinals!

For Pomi, I feel sorry for them, they definitely didnt have the time to get ready for these Quarter finals...It was just to close, they must be so tired....maybe in a different league, facing number 7 would mean they could not be 100% and still get through with it, but not in Italian league, it is just to close, you must be 100% there to pass....

• Piacenza lives to fight another day, but this match just underscores the problems of a team that has MBs as the only reliable hitters. Meijners was a disaster. Sorokaite had a good hitting night for her standards, but then again every hit she made was a point either for her team or for the opponents through a block or an error. After a while it takes its toll on Ognjenović as she tries for more and more outrageous stuff as she runs out of options. Fortunately, her connection with Bauer was phenomenal tonight.

• So this means that Pomi will not be in next CL

• So this means that Pomi will not be in next CL

Exactly: they are now formally qualified just for Challenge Cup. And Italien clubs tend to ignore this much less prestigous competition, so it is unlikely, that they will play CEV European Cups at all next season.

• Oh dang, that's really sad. Being the CL champion and then eliminated in the domestic league. Same thing happened last year with Busto. They got a silver in CL and one week later got defeated by Piacenza in the league :(

I expected them to be worn out but this loss definitely must be a pain in their butt. What a messy schedule.

• Exactly: they are now formally qualified just for Challenge Cup. And Italien clubs tend to ignore this much less prestigous competition, so it is unlikely, that they will play CEV European Cups at all next season.

Italian's teams must to change his atitude about CEV europeans Cups, they must to take more points on ranking to increase the italian's spots on Champions League.

• Will Pomi try tô increase his budget? Pomi will participate in World s Clubs. Without a spot in CL this seems more unlikely , reminds me Fenerbahce in 2012 World's club

• Italian's teams must to change his atitude about CEV europeans Cups, they must to take more points on ranking to increase the italian's spots on Champions League.

So I think, but the CEV cup is considerably more important then the Challenge Cup regarding points for the CEV cups ranking. Therefore I fear, there is not enough motivation to participate in the Challenge Cup.

• I must say sorry to flyingdutchman. I said some time ago that Foppa didn't have chance to play in semifinals
    I feel really sad for Pomi because the key players will leave the team for sure.