Germany - VBL Bundesliga 2015/16

• This article summarizes the current state:

http://www.allianz-mtv-stuttga…rrekord-des-jahrtausends/

It means: on Friday, the 29.4.2016 at 17:44 exactly 4502 tickets for Porsche Arena were already sold, beating the high from USC Münster vs. Rote Raben Vilsbiburg from 2005. If the number exceeds 5000, it will even break the Bundesliga all time record from Stuttgarts former (no more existing) club CJD Feuerbach (a three times western German champion) against Bayern Lohhof from 1987, when the final was played in Sindelfingen (a city near Stuttgart).

• Nice to see so much interest for Volleyball in Stuttgart. I just don't understand why so few people wanted to see their CL matches :S

I hope the crowd will push them tomorrow, will be hard to beat Dresden in a hall where Stuttgart doesn't have an advantage in terms of being familiar with the conditions, but I hope they'll do everything possible...

• Nice to see so much interest for Volleyball in Stuttgart. I just don't understand why so few people wanted to see their CL matches :S

I hope the crowd will push them tomorrow, will be hard to beat Dresden in a hall where Stuttgart doesn't have an advantage in terms of being familiar with the conditions, but I hope they'll do everything possible...

Our manager thinks, we had just the wrong teams here in Stuttgart during CL and Challenge round CEV cup: if we got teams from Istanbul and/or Italy, we would have had the chance to get many spectators from their own countries living here in the region. And those European cup matches are always on Wednesday, never at the weekend (at least in the rounds we played), which is a disadvantage too. Finally we played European cups for the first time after three years pausing, so the people here are not used to it.

And regarding the match today: we fans will push our team hard ;) .

• Hope is still alive in Aachen: if they can manage to raise 90,000 € within the next weeks, they could survive and play next season. Their president is not too optimistic, he says the chances are 20% at the moment...

Hall situation is unchanged, isn't it? I thought, playing in current hall is no longer allowed and usage of the Arena Kreis Düren of men's club powervolleys Düren is no feasible option? So I can't imagine, that this will work out in any way.

• Hall situation is unchanged, isn't it? I thought, playing in current hall is no longer allowed and usage of the Arena Kreis Düren of men's club powervolleys Düren is no feasible option? So I can't imagine, that this will work out in any way.

I remember reading about some (very vague) plans to build a new hall in Aachen, and if these plans become more concrete, VBL could allow Aachen to play in the old hall until the new one is finished.

Today 19.30 CET live on http://www.vbl.tv the 4th final match Stuttgart vs Dresden, first chance for Dresden to complete the championship hattrick. I hope for a great fight from both teams :super:

• Just like last Saturday, Stuttgart starts with full force and dominates 1st set, but Dresden stabilized a bit towards the end. Bartsch is playing well but gets no support from her teammates yet.

The record has fallen, officially there are almost 5.400 spectators in the hall :obey: That's more than twice as many than could fit into Stuttgart's normal hall (2.250).

• It's an amazing match :super: :obey: Great atmosphere, both teams on a good technical level and showing an amazing fighting spirit.

Tie-break starting now, somehow neither team deserves to lose today, but I really want Stuttgart to win as reward for the great game they host and play today and to have a 5th match in the series.

• Stuttgart - Dresden 3:2 (25:19 19:25 25:19 22:25 15:10)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2015-16/Women/&2527.pdf
    MVP: Valerie Nichol / Nneka Onyejekwe

It was a breathtaking game once again, and after two rather easy championship final series for Dresden in the last two seasons, this year we go to game 5 :cup:
    Stuttgart played very well in block-defense and overall also in attack, well guided by Nichol. The only weakness for them is Mlejnkova, but this girl is just 19 years old and knows that there is no backup for her on bench. In the beginning of 5th set it looked like her reception failures would kill her team, but the other girls stepped up their game and put up a great effort to beat Dresden once again. Amazing entrance by Caroline Jarmoc who turned into the key player in 5th set with 3 consecutive blocks in the middle of the set and ending the match with an ace.

3rd match already on Monday in Dresden, it can't be at a later date because the clubs must allow the NT players (Dijkema, Stoltenborg, Schoot) to leave for OQT preparations then. I suppose Dresden will again start with Hindriksen, she did a good job today overall, and Dijkema will only play if absolutely necessary, also today she was in match clothes so I guess in an emergency she could have entered, but they don't want to risk.

• Our Stuttgarter "drama queens" did it again - they have truely nerves of steel. And they want really badly to win the championship.

By the way, I didn't mention, that 1987 the CJD Feuerbach lost in Sindelfingen in front of 4811 spectators (sold tickets, to be more precise) against dominant force than, Bayern Lohhof. So Allianz MTV Stuttgart was also better to win now.

Regarding final match in Dresden: anything can happen, because now pressure builds up for DSC, while Stuttgart still has nothing to lose. Mental and physical aspects may become dominant in this match, eventually deciding the whole championship in a tie-break?

And remember, that MTV has now (so far I know) arrived on another (insane) record: 46 matches of duty they will have played (DSC one less) on Monday late evening since October 2015. Somebody has to be blamed for creating such dense playing schedules... (8 matches in European cups (6 round play CL, two challenge round CEV cup), four in DVV cup, 24 league round, two quaterfinals, three semi finals and now the full five final matches... physically most players are on the brink now, but DSC fares not much better of course.

• Good to see, our sports gets the attendances it deserves :super:

21 blocks for stuttgart? :white:

And remember, that MTV has now (so far I know) arrived on another (insane) record: 46 matches of duty they will have played (DSC one less) on Monday late evening since October 2015. Somebody has to be blamed for creating such dense playing schedules... (8 matches in European cups (6 round play CL, two challenge round CEV cup), four in DVV cup, 24 league round, two quaterfinals, three semi finals and now the full five final matches... physically most players are on the brink now, but DSC fares not much better of course.

First one to blame is FIVB/CEV who are creating an insane international calendar at cost of club volleyball (where players earn their living) :teach:

• Good to see, our sports gets the attendances it deserves :super:

21 blocks for stuttgart? :white:

Yes, especially Dresdens best spikers were regularly blocked: Mikhailenko 5 times, Bartsch 7 times and Izquierdo 6 times (18 in total against these three alone). It seems, Allianz MTV Stuttgart learned something from the mighty Russian blocks when losing clearly against the Dynamos of Kazan and Krasnodar, but at least analyzed and prepared for the Dresnder main spikers very well.