Italy - SuperLega UnipolSai 2015-2016

• I think that Kovac was the coach Sirci and Perugia always wanted and as soon he got free with Iran NT they did everything to take him, even if the season is still long and the team still has to find its identity.Castellani isn't doing a bad job but maybe Kovac can give something more..

• Would anyone be kind enough to post a link to the Trentino Lube game????

http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/…58-952a-1615517c8e83.html

If you are not in Italy, you need some extensions

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Tie-break Trento-Lube

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• What a match!! Not without mistakes, but definitely intense! (At least the last three sets, I missed the first two).

Trento was often 2-3 points (and 2 sets) behind Lube in the third set but eventually won it (even with Djuric at 17% in that set, but several blocks), then dominated the fourth (Djuric started bad again and Lucky was asking for Nelli, but Mitar ended up with 84% in attack).

The tie break was kinda insane: Lube was always 2-3 points head, until the 11-14, but Trento (with Bratoev in for Urnaut in order to serve) won 16-14!
    Two mistakes (one kinda silly and one definitely silly) by Ivan helped them a lot, and before there was also a possible bad call of the referee on a block touch (they called out Parodi' spike but may be there was a touch), but still a great came back! I guess this is the best way to won a match :D

Nice to notice that the second set was 12-19 for Lube and ended 21-25 for Lube, while the fourth was 12-19 for Trento and ended 16-25 for Trento ^^

Ps 'L'eclissi di Sole è finita' made my day XD

• Trento managed to win a great match, without giving up after being down and nearly losing by 3-0. This costed Verona the 4th place, I'm sorry for my team.
    Anyway Trento beated both Modena and Macerata, I think we should consider also them as contenders to all the titles. The match was nice, in the first two sets Trento was behind but always tried to come back: I liked Colaci in defense, Mazzone as MB and Djuric. On the other side Miljkovic didn't hold through out all the match, the second OH (Cebulj or Parodi) struggled and after a while also Osmany started to be stopped by the block and defense..
    Congrats to Trento for the win!

Now the quater finals for the Coppa Italia are:
    Modena-Monza
    Macerata-Latina
    Trento-Molfetta
    Perugia-Verona

• And people kept saying Lube are unbeatable :whistle: They are really, really strong, but as you saw yesterday they are beatable. Besides, they lost to a very shaky Trentino side that could turn the match around mainly thanks to team spirit. I didn't like Trentino's game much, I was especially disappointed by their reception in the second set. The MVP choice of Lanza is a big mystery to me, but perhaps it was a tough choice picking up a single player. I need to rewatch this tie-break again, the stream just died somewhere at 12-14 and I didn't bother refreshing it.

• Lube is playing well below their potentional. If you look at them individually , you expect them to destroy opposing team with their service but in reality even Juantorena has lost all his service effectiveness. Also they are a poor blocking team, usually wrong at block positioning.I have never followed a Blengini team prior to this year, but considering his work for Lube so far, I assume this is one of his weakness. In contrast they got blocked above 19 times in 4 matches this season (Micah??)
    Although I believe Miljkovic is the best OPP ever, right now he is 36 years old and isn't enough to carry scoring load of a top team. It is a very risky choise .Juantorena has been the leading scorer of the team in all matches except Piacenza and Milano. Considering he is the main target of opponent's service, they have put too much burden on him.

• I noticed something recently as I watched a full match from the Italian championship for the first time this campaign. I saw they continue to skip the technical time-outs at points 8 and 16. I didn't pay attention whether they have a time-out at point 12, to be honest. They had the same rule last year in the championship, I think. Is it a decision based on TV coverage and were they (the federation too, for that matter) happy with it that they prolonged it for another season?

• I noticed something recently as I watched a full match from the Italian championship for the first time this campaign. I saw they continue to skip the technical time-outs at points 8 and 16. I didn't pay attention whether they have a time-out at point 12, to be honest. They had the same rule last year in the championship, I think. Is it a decision based on TV coverage and were they (the federation too, for that matter) happy with it that they prolonged it for another season?

Time-out at 12 just like last years, I don't know who made this decision but I like it very much due to much less interrupted game

• First half;
    Best team: Modena Volley
    Best player: Osmany Juantorena
    Best coach: Radostin Stoychev
    Best starting six: Bruno- Kovacevic-Juantorena-Hernandez-Sole-Lucas - Rossini
    Main news: Trentino beating both Modena and Civitanova while being down 0-2, sacking of Castellani , departure of Sabbi ,Ngapeth saga
    Surprise of the first half: Positive performance of Vettori (compare to last year and NT season) and Hernandez (scoring back to back 35+ points )
    Flop of the first half(player): Pavlov ,Russell
    Flop of the first half (team): Piacenza !!!
    Problems for top teams;
    -Modena: Nikic's disappointing offensive performance and Petric's terrible receiving.
    -Lube Civitanova: Second OH problem ( Parodi is shadow of his former self, Cebulj is a promising player but not a star yet) I think their biggest problem is and will be at OPP position .Combine age of their two OPPs is 73!!!!
    -Trentino: Second MB ! Mental fatigue of Giannelli
    -Perugia: De Cecco's disappointing setting and Russell
    -Verona: Taylor Sander!

• Not a bad match between Verona and Perugia but I think Verona could (and should have closed it before). They played without Starovic, it looks his injury is not that serious but keeps bothering him, so they had Bellei as OPP for the first three sets and a half, than Lecat with Sander or Kovacevic out of the reception. The two OH had a great match, adjusting also difficult balls, I liked also Zingel!

On the other side MBs weren't involved at all, Russell was so so, Atanasijevic had many points but also has been blocked several times (that is ok as he spiked most of the balls). And as ravens said, yes Giovi is a weak link, unstable in reception and in defense is not so present.. in the tie break many protests from Kovac, so he got a red card that let Verona come back. First time in the last years we win both matche against Perugia, now we have the quater final for Coppa Italia against them, let's go :box:

• Perugia is such a waste of talent

• At this point I don't get angry anymore. I expect nothing from my team. No libero. Weak MBs. No pure receiver on court. And Atanasijevic isn't saving our asses anymore. So this is the result.

My first moves for next season: libero and setter, Balaso and Falaschi. So we can hire a dominant MB to play in diagonal with Birarelli.