Italy - SuperLega UnipolSai 2015-2016

• Nikic and Petric aren't in his class, anyone who even remotely follows volleyball can see that. I know it would be a risk to guarantee him a starting place, but a worthy risk, even then.

Clubs like Modena can't guarantee starting place to anyone. I'm big fan of Uroš, even know him personally but he asked too much. Giani promised him starting place to attract him in Verona but can't compare those teams.

• Nikic and Petric aren't in his class, anyone who even remotely follows volleyball can see that. I know it would be a risk to guarantee him a starting place, but a worthy risk, even then.

1) Excuse me? We are Modena: we cannot guarantee the starting 7 to anyone (not even to Leon if hypothetically in the future he'll join us). We are the Real Madrid of volleyball, so any player who is hired by us should only be patient. It's already an honour to be a part of this club.

2) After 3 years of injuries, Uros asked too much money and Petric has been better than him during the last two seasons

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• Petric played better than Uros, but if had picked Uros instead Petric this would be the guaranteed. Lets be honest, Modena just have a limited players with high class. The starting line up only.

1) Excuse me? We are Modena: we cannot guarantee the starting 7 to anyone (not even to Leon if hypothetically in the future he'll join us). We are the Real Madrid of volleyball, so any player who is hired by us should only be patient. It's already an honour to be a part of this club.

2) After 3 years of injuries, Uros asked too much money and Petric has been better than him during the last two seasons

• I agrre in parts, Italy seems tô have more clubs among the bests in the world. Plus good middle levels clubs. But If Perugia and Verona can not Win in Italy, they are in the best thoughts equaly uncapable of beaten Zenit Kazan or Sada Cruzeiro.

I mean that in any other leagues all around the planet teams like Verona or Perugia would fight for the title, but in Italy the level is so high this year that Lube, Trento and Modena are too strong for them

• 1) Excuse me? We are Modena: we cannot guarantee the starting 7 to anyone (not even to Leon if hypothetically in the future he'll join us). We are the Real Madrid of volleyball, so any player who is hired by us should only be patient. It's already an honour to be a part of this club.

There is a huge difference between Real and Modena. Real is the richest club, Modena is not.Of course you would guarantee anything to attract Leon, or Matt, or even now Uros. Also who cares how good Petric played, he is limited as hell, he can't recieve and even in attack, very bad from pos. 2 and with quick ball. Class is something you don't say goodbye to. Modena did that and got it wrong. It has already cost them CL spot this season where there aren't any attackers except for Earvin, because other recievers are only above average and Vettori is, well Vettori.

• Mamdani talked about Modena as volleyball Real Madrid in terms of history and trophies not money. With money you can't buy history, glory... and Modena doesn't care about CL at all.

Mamdani

I don't think Verona or Perugia would fight for title in Russia

• Are we watching the same game? It is taylor sander, the reason why verona won game 3 and 4; it is aaron russell for game 1 and 2 for perugia; so for game 5 the winner will be between who will be better sander or russell.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Sander was the guy to be thanked for sending the series to a fifth game

You should be careful when you ridicule Petric, his defenders will foam :D

Petric is so weak that Modena is a real mess without him... :lol:

Umm, no. Modena is a mess because they don't have a bench and are seriously struggling with their shape/partial squad. Had Ngapeth been injured instead of Petric, Padova would've eliminated them from the playoffs. So it could've been worse, theoretically speaking.

• There is a huge difference between Real and Modena. Real is the richest club, Modena is not.Of course you would guarantee anything to attract Leon, or Matt, or even now Uros. Also who cares how good Petric played, he is limited as hell, he can't recieve and even in attack, very bad from pos. 2 and with quick ball. Class is something you don't say goodbye to. Modena did that and got it wrong. It has already cost them CL spot this season where there aren't any attackers except for Earvin, because other recievers are only above average and Vettori is, well Vettori.

I was talking about prestige and honours, not money (we are not the richest club since the early 90s, because of SIsley and Ravenna before, Macerata, Trento and russians after :( )

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• I agree about that, I just pointed out the difference. As a kid i loved Modena, I'm 25 now, and I still remember those glory times when Bas Van de Goor was my favorite player.

Ok, regarding Petric and Vettori, when they are at the top of the shape (Petric last year, Vettori this year in which he has improved a lot at least until a month ago) they are both great players

• Not really...r u kidding right?

Anastajeic and the other Serbian are the best players of each team....they are the leading scores every time...

Anastajeic is probably the best player in Italy so far...he is responsible for the sucess of his team... if he was not on the team, they would not even made to the playoffs.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Sander was the guy to be thanked for sending the series to a fifth game

• 1 game - Uros Kovacevic 20 points , Sasha (16) Sander (13) Atanasijevic (29) Russel (24) Victorkic (14)

2 game - Russel (16) Atanasjevic (13) Sasha (15) Kavocevic (13) Sander (9) Victorokic (8)

3 game - Kavocevic (21) Sander (20) Sasha (16) Atanasijevic (21) Victorovik (19) Russel ( 0)

4 game - Atanasjevic ( 24) Victorovik (13) Russel (7) Sasha (21) Sander (20) Kavocevic (17)

Atanasjevic - 87 points
    Kovacevic - 71 points
    Sasha - 68 points
    Sander - 62 points
    Victorkic - 54 points
    Russel - 47 points

• Sander is regressed this season, only in the last 2 months has come back to a decent level, meantime Russell has been a big disappointment (both for Perugia's fan and for my fantavolley). The Serbians has been by far better than the Americans this year in Superlega (and only in Superlega, because in the National Team they are all a disaster)

• Luckily, volleyball is a bit more complex than just adding numbers, especially when you only look at the total points scored. :teach:

This Victorkic guy looks quite promising though. The next serbian superstar?

• I have no idea who is Victorkic...

Serbians are doing great

Aaron was quoted as an High Level OH, not full Fill expectations after a great summer. Perugia seems better now but De Cecco and OH's were not solid this season..

• I have no idea who is Victorkic...

Serbians are doing great

Aaron was quoted as an High Level OH, not full Fill expectations after a great summer. Perugia seems better now but De Cecco and OH's were not solid this season..

As I said Russell is a disappointment after 2015 summers, but if we humanly reason we can understand that it's not easy for anyone to change from NCAA to Italian League. If we consider that, Russell's season is not so bad, but if we compare with Sander last season and Christenson this one... another level of personality