2016 FIVB World League

• Hope will never see Divish in our NT anymore. He is not concurent to superb Bakun. I don't like him even in Lokomotiv, and the reason of Ugra's success of that years is only Bakun. All 2 matches in which Divish was in start, was lost, and Alekno still not sure which naturalized player will be more helpfull - slovak or Bakun. I think it's not so difficult question. Hope in the last round in USA they will be playing with optimized team, without any experiments. Even with Australia and Bulgaria. Also still without Max Mikh.

• We played awful today, our worst match in the WL so far (even though we lost 3-0 to Brazil). Again we don't have any player that can kill counterattacks.

• Just watched the USA-Bulgaria match. The Bulgarians had a 5 point lead in the 3rd set and lost it, and then a 7 point lead in the 4th set and lost it. The US did not play great, but to come back from those big deficit to still win those sets was impressive to watch.

I was going to be in Dallas to watch the matches, but had a health issue on Wednesday, the day before my travel was to start, so I am watching at home.

• For the 5 spots for the World League Finals with 2 matches left here is what we know

1. Serbia 6 wins, 19 points, clinched a spot in the Finals
    2. Brazil 6 wins, 18 points, clinched a spot in the Finals, if Russia wins out (3-0 twice) and Brazil loses (3-0 twice), they would be tied on wins and points, but Brazil would win the set ratio tiebreaker (19-11 to 18-11)
    3. USA 6 wins, 17 points, a win in 5 sets will clinch a spot in the Finals against Australia
    4. France 5 wins, 17 points, a win in 5 sets will clinch a spot in the Finals against Poland
    5. Italy 5 wins, 15 points, a win against Iran all but clinches a spot (unless in 5 sets, then Russia could overtake them on points if they win out)
    6. Russia 4 wins, 12 points, need to win out and have Italy lose once (and go 4 in each match Russia gets sets ratio tiebreaker if that happens), or France lose twice or USA lose twice (not in 5 sets)
    7. Belgium 3 wins, 9 points, need to win out and have Italy lose twice and Russia lose twice

• Yesterday I was Curious why the amount of noise in Azadi Stadium is much less compared to previous years, then asked friends and they said that they didnt allow trumpets entering the stadium.:thumbsup:

It is still more than standard while some people could bring trumpets but the situation has improved a lot.

Irannians are now trying to use their larynx more to make sound! :D

• Yesterday I was Curious why the amount of noise in Azadi Stadium is much less compared to previous years, then asked friends and they said that they didnt allow trumpets entering the stadium.:thumbsup:

It is still more than standard while some people could bring trumpets but the situation has improved a lot.

Irannians are now trying to use their larynx more to make sound! :D

It also is great that women was allowed to attend the game.

• It's definitely an improvement, yes, but the fact that we consider it 'great' because it's something out of ordinary is still very sad :(

Speaking about the Iranian fans, I appreciate that the hall was so full also for the previous match on a friday (in other countries is quite rare).
    Well, they weren't cheering for Italy, but I will forgive them :P

Still, I keep wondering if this is a stadium suit for volleyball: the people in the short side of the camp seem very, very far also from the first row O.O

• It's definitely an improvement, yes, but the fact that we consider it 'great' because it's something out of ordinary is still very sad :(

Speaking about the Iranian fans, I appreciate that the hall was so full also for the previous match on a friday (in other countries is quite rare).

Still, I keep wondering if this is a stadium suit for volleyball: the people in the short side of the camp seem very, very far also from the first row O.O

:D I was in the stadium yesterday and yeah we didn't cheer for your country. Because of our respect for Julio Velasco, we really couldn't cheer for you. We owe this man a great part of our volleyball improvement. 12,000 People filled the stadium to cheer for Velasco and his team. But your team played amazing yesterday. You deserved the win :white:

• We played awful today, our worst match in the WL so far (even though we lost 3-0 to Brazil). Again we don't have any player that can kill counterattacks.

Man, we ripped our larynx for your NT but you're right you played bad. bad receptions bad serves bad attacks. hope they will be better tonight against Serbia. We'll support you again :thumbsup:

• It also is great that women was allowed to attend the game.

I highly appreciate both steps, banning the trumpets :obey: and allowing some ladies to attend. To allow only well selected woman to watch of course can only be the beginning, but at least it shows some good will...... A good article which puts the issue in a bit broader perspective: http://www.playthegame.org/new…s-test-for-womens-rights/

Final of group 3 will take place today (17 CET) and not surprisingly it will be Slovenia vs. Germany. Germany's semi against chinese taipeh wasn't exactly an eye catcher and i will be really surprised if Germany can beat Slovenia today.

• Belgium played really well against Brazil today (who, on the other hand, played like trash), but still messed up in decisive moments. Coolest moment of the match by far was Maurício Souza spiking from position 6 during the fourth set. :cheesy:

Seems Argentina beat Serbia 3-0 too. :huh: Nice to see them getting a few good results these last few rounds. They definitely don't deserve to drop to division 2 once there's Bulgaria and Australia there as well.

• seems most teams gets decent results, even not in good shape :whistle: meanwhile Poland loses and loses, what worries me... I know that peak should be in Rio, but in some games they looked lost :S

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Serbia rested Atanasijevic today and looked clearly unfocused, but still great match from our boys (and good WL overall playing without the main weapon).

I think we'll lose to Iran 3-0 tomorrow, but I don't mind, maybe it's better if they arrive a bit overconfident to OG.

• Speaking about the Iranian fans, I appreciate that the hall was so full also for the previous match on a friday (in other countries is quite rare).

:teach: Well it has two reasons: First that Friday is a holiday in Iran :whistle: .
    and second that that ticket selling system is totally a mess in that stadium, there is no number on tickets and they sell more than capacity :down: so people go there sooner to find a better location!

The stadium is originally for ice skating but rarely is used for that purpose.

• France and Italy won, clinching their spots for the Finals today.

Now, just one spot remaining, a USA win over Australia will clinch their position. Russia to even have a chance have to win both their matches and pray for a USA loss today.

• Arman, do us a favor - beat azzuri. As said Marouf, when was in Kazan - Iran never lost when plays at home. Will see...

It was for trumpet's era...

• :D I was in the stadium yesterday and yeah we didn't cheer for your country. Because of our respect for Julio Velasco, we really couldn't cheer for you. We owe this man a great part of our volleyball improvement. 12,000 People filled the stadium to cheer for Velasco and his team. But your team played amazing yesterday. You deserved the win :white:

Thank you! It was perfectly clear you supported Argentina for Velasco: I can't see who can appreciate that better than Italians, since we 'owe this man a great part of our volleyball improvement' too ;) And three world Championship :)

:teach: Well it has two reasons: First that Friday is a holiday in Iran :whistle: .
    and second that that ticket selling system is totally a mess in that stadium, there is no number on tickets and they sell more than capacity :down: so people go there sooner to find a better location!
    The stadium is originally for ice skating but rarely is used for that purpose.

Now I do understand few things more, thank you ;)

Arman, do us a favor - beat azzuri. As said Marouf, when was in Kazan - Iran never lost when plays at home. Will see...

:whistle: :rolll:

The best italian match so far, we played very consistently!

Is a different challenge system used in Iran? The ball in / out system isn't a computer-simulated replay, and the slow mo replay for any challenge looks quite different from fivb official one.

The system with the 'hawk eye' was stopped at the frontier, so they use the old methods.