2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Well, the Russian team is looking good, but I guess we know that their most formidable weapon can implode on occasion. Still, she looked great against Thailand. It's certainly the case that Russia's chances from now on lie in the consistency of Malova, Kosheleva and Goncharova. Also, on a more "personal" note: Russia was never my favorite team to watch play! They didn't seem to relate to each other, make creative plays, etc. This last year I've started to enjoy their play a lot more-- I think the youth really helps. Still though, their setters........ ?!?!! (Startseva is by far the best, IMO, but even she couldn't get a spot on a roster in other top countries.)

USA-- I like Bartsch! Nice to see her play. Not the best passer, but a good hitter. And my, is Banwarth a good libero. At times I get Sykora vibes.

Can anyone tell me what they really think of Kelly Murphy? I've tried to stay positive about her - really - but she just doesn't play like an opposite, to me. She's not a strong enough hitter; she gets blocked too much, makes some unforced errors, and you can tell Glass would rather go to literally every other player on court, save the libero. I know some of her mistakes are because, as opposite, you get bad sets, but still.

I hope Zeng Chunlei makes it to the Olympics. She brings a maturity and consistency to the Chinese team that I think is much needed at times.

• About Startseva : Do u really think she could not get a spot in other top countries or r u joking? I think she`s great and I dont like the russians but I do like her and she makes me like Russia a bit better. Remember she was Russia`s starter setter when they won the 2010 WCH and she was only 21 years old...u wont see that very often, a 21 year old setter winning a WCH.

Kelly Murphy: I like her personaly, but as a player she`s just a BLANK...she makes no difference in the team, like I dont even remember that she was on the team when they won the WCH in 2014. And I even forgot about her last year. If you try to compare her with Boskovic or Slotjes, well u cant even compare. But on the other hand, her, Lowe and Fawcett r the only 3 top OPs that USA has right now. ( I dont even consider Fawcett a great OP either).

I really like Chunlei, she makes me like the Chinese better also....She`s really classy, and I think China really needs her.

• What are the chances of NED taking a set against Brazil? The Dutch play a similar style like Russia, hoping we get to have at least 4 sets, same with the USAxRUS match later tonight :wavy:

• Is Sheilla has more power? She's attacking like she was 3 years vegetarian. Fe Garay is defnitely leader of the team :box:

• Balkestein is injured, she has some problems with knee :wall:

• Fe Garay has definitely improved hitting against tall blocks, playing in Russia has proved wothwile after all.

• Is Sheilla has more power? She's attacking like she was 3 years vegetarian. Fe Garay is defnitely leader of the team :box:

At least her % is not as ridiculous as the best OPP's in the world...

• Brazil 3x0 Netherlands

11x4 in blocks and 4x0 in aces
    Sheilla - 37% and Sloetjes - 24%
    Best scorers: Natália - 13points and Plak - 10points

0 blocks by De Kruijf and Steenbergen

• At least her % is not as ridiculous as the best OPP's in the world...

her % isn't reliable - in Holland's defense was playing Knip (the worst libero among others in F6), Bujis, Pietersen and Plak :whistle:

• her % isn't reliable - in Holland's defense was playing Knip (the worst libero among others in F6), Bujis, Pietersen and Plak :whistle:

Right...
    :win:

• Akinradewo is incredible, she can hit any balls she's given :white: Rough start for Murphy but I expect her to overcome it.

• many blocks so far by both teams :box: