2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Mari is les.. Logan is unknown so who knows what is going there maybe.. boom boom boom boom I want You in my room let's spend the night together from now until forever.

• boom boom boom boom I want You in my room let's spend the night together from now until forever.

I used to love Vengaboys!

By the way, Mari and Tom were silver in Indonesia. They lost to Wang's team...I found it kinda pathetic

• USA Weekend 2 Roster

S: Carli Lloyd, Alisha Glass, Courtney Thompson
    OPP: Nicole Fawcett, Karsta Lowe, Kelly Murphy
    MB: Rachael Adams, Foluke Akinradewo, Christa Dietzen
    OH: Kimberly Hill, Jordan Larson-Burbach, Kelsey Robinson
    L: Kayla Banwarth, Natalie Hagglund

Nicole Fawcett in and Alexis Crimes out.

Source

• I used to love Vengaboys!

By the way, Mari and Tom were silver in Indonesia. They lost to Wang's team...I found it kinda pathetic

OT: Being curious I looked for the said final video of the 2016 INA Pro League in youtube and got it. If you wanna peek the plays of both Logan Tom (15) & Mari (7) represented their club, PERTAMINA, take a look here. Unfortunately there is not any good quality video.

The 2016 Grand Final INA League (May 15, 2016)
    https://youtu.be/Mc51nM4kPL8?t=4549

PERTAMINA (Runner-up): Logan Tom (15) & Mari (7)
    PLN ELEKTRIK (Winner): Wang Yi-mei (2) and her compatriot (7)... the coach from China, Ms. Tien Mei, who's eventually awarded as the best coach in the 2016 women's league competition. Just realized that Wang Yi-mei (2) is now playing in INA Pro League as well :D she's pretty overweight in that video

A pic of Mari & Logan

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• PR is mentally weak when they face Dominican Republic, they always lose, no matter what. I hope this is thier momentum to break this curse.

I find overall PR better than DR since last year.

PUR is definitely better than DR now, i think kwiek has done a horrible job with DOM, they are in decline. but they still beat the euro teams though.

• Just stumbled across this page, dated 09 June 2016:

The FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix is the last and the most important competition for China before they embark on the Olympic campaign. "I hope my team can earn more experience and get more familiar with our opponents through the Grand Prix. Meanwhile, I expect to put our skills and tactics from training to real test so as to better prepare for the Rio Olympic Games," Lang Ping told media on Thursday afternoon.
    Several key players including Hui Ruoqi, who inspired a second-string Chinese team to victory in the Montreux Masters tournament last week, have been left out of the squad for the World Grand Prix.

"Hui need to take a rest. As for when she could return to training with the national team, it depends on the result of medical examinations on her fitness," said Lang.

Hui returned to action following 150 days off the court due to a heart problem that required surgery in August last year and forced her to miss the 2015 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup.

Chinese volleyball team looks to warm up for Rio Olympics, says head coach Lang Ping - Xinhua | English.news.cn
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-06/09/c_135425107.htm

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• karpol the living fossil.. i mean legend. :lol:
    i do miss the howling bear. :D

• Has the match started yet? The FIVB Youtube channel is blocked in my country aargh. If anyone can share a link olease for BrazilxSerbia match? Thanks.

• Only started watching the match after the second TTO, but it seems a one-sided first set. Hopefully Serbia plays better in the next sets, come on Serbia!

• This is NOT the Serbian team that I watched during the 2015 World Cup!!!

The current one is playing awfully ?( :wall:

• Serbian block is nowhere to be found today :white:

• Havent seen Rasic played this bad. If Serbia continues to play like this today, NED and ITA has chances to beat them in their pool in Rio.