2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Now China can`t drop their level...gotta play this 3rd set even stronger ....Brazil will get fired up now... I want China to win in 3-0 so bad.

by the way, does anybody knows for sure when was the last time Brazil lost to China?

• Now China can`t drop their level...gotta play this 3rd set even stronger ....Brazil will get fired up now... I want China to win in 3-0 so bad.

by the way, does anybody knows for sure when was the last time Brazil lost to China?

In an official tournament I believe it was during WGP 2008 prelim. round

But Lang Ping certainly has different ideas... she's still playing the libero Chen Zhan i/o Lin Li and not fielding Gong Xiang-yu either :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I hope both Belgium and Germany stay in the 1st division, I wouldn't mind who the hell falls down into the 2nd division, but not them :D

oh my! wasnt it you who a few pages before said Belgium didnt deserve to be in the first division ?

now saying the opposite?

• oh my! wasnt it you who a few pages before said Belgium didnt deserve to be in the first division ?

now saying the opposite?

Yes but they are playing really well this week and I hope they stay in the first division. Did it really make you surprised as you are looking for your god?

• things wont be that easy for Brazil in Rio...they will have to be regroup there..

i still cant understand how such a player like Sheila in olympic year preferred staying in the bench whole the season

• OMG....Brazil descented in this way comletely out of my expectation...
    the comprehensive capacity of the wing spikers (reception and attack) are dropping too quickly. strongly suggest not sending Sheilla in starting anymore, Natalia is used to be in this position more than as a receiver.

of course, China has improved a lot after winning the WC champion, especially the defend (incl. block) and reception became more stable now.
    However, Zhu Ting was a bit disappointing in Macau. apparently, Serbia and Brazil did a lot of homework on her.
    looking forward to the performance against Netherlands and US (the opening and finale opponents in Prelimianry Round of Rio) in Hong Kong Next weekend.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Loved this match. Great performance by China.

• Coach Ze is struggling to find a good Opp. Sheilla is no longer a scoring machine. Tandara should not be on the team at all. Natalia might do well on that position. But I still think Mari could have been a good backup for Sheilla. She is a dynamic Opp, and she can be a receiving Opp if needed.

And I think Brazil has achieved their target today by sending a warning -- that they can stop Zhu Ting from scoring. Coach Lang Ping definitely saw this. Maybe they have solution for all the other attackers tactical game but they just let it slip and going to pullout the big gun during the finals.

• Coach Ze is struggling to find a good Opp. Sheilla is no longer a scoring machine. Tandara should not be on the team at all. Natalia might do well on that position. But I still think Mari could have been a good backup for Sheilla. She is a dynamic Opp, and she can be a receiving Opp if needed.

You don't really refer to Mari Steinbrecher? :white:
    It's 2016, not 2008 :!: Why not also invite Paula Pequeno back? :whistle:

• Yes, I am talking about Mari Steinbrecher. She might not be that girl who has her name written all over the gold medal from Beijing, but if you compare her to Tandara and Monique, she is a much better option tbh. She is a good attacker from position 2, a great blocker, and her float serve is fatal.

You don't really refer to Mari Steinbrecher? :white:
    It's 2016, not 2008 :!: Why not also invite Paula Pequeno back? :whistle:

• Yes, I am talking about Mari Steinbrecher. She might not be that girl who has her name written all over the gold medal from Beijing, but if you compare her to Tandara and Monique, she is a much better option tbh. She is a good attacker from position 2, a great blocker, and her float serve is fatal.

So why is she playing in Indonesia?

• So apparently Brazil didn't stay for the ceremony, because they needed to catch the flight? Wow, that's a new low.

• And Croatia won Division 3. We are back in Division 2.

Croatia - Kazahstan 3:0 (25:19, 29:27, 25:16)
    Top scorer: Samanta Fabris 27 points

Yeah we won but again Grbac was showing her "popular" game in second set, Brcic replace her and after She did great job coach bring Grbac back :wall:

Mia Jerkov was pure disaster in attacking and with her reception, and I can't believe how bad reception was today only libero had good reception. We lead in second set 19:11 and Kazahstan almost won that set. Disaster.

I think their is individual awards. MVP is probably Samanta.