2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• Coach Ze is struggling to find a good Opp. Sheilla is no longer a scoring machine. Tandara should not be on the team at all. Natalia might do well on that position. But I still think Mari could have been a good backup for Sheilla. She is a dynamic Opp, and she can be a receiving Opp if needed.

And I think Brazil has achieved their target today by sending a warning -- that they can stop Zhu Ting from scoring. Coach Lang Ping definitely saw this. Maybe they have solution for all the other attackers tactical game but they just let it slip and going to pullout the big gun during the finals.

Serbia has made the same warning yesterday.
    it is not bad for China to modify it after this game...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I have a question that I've always wanted to ask. So Belgium's official languages are Dutch, French and German, do they all speak these 3 languages? If I'm correct, the BEL team is communicating in Dutch, right? Could there be anyone who can't really speak it? Thank you.

German is official only in a small area alongside the German border.
    And no, not everyone can speak both Dutch and French. One of the biggest compaints of the Flemish (the Dutch speaking community) is that the Walloons (French speakers) don't even bother trying to speak Dutch. Everyone probably understands their non-native language to some extent as they've learned it at school, but when it comes to communication, the unwritten rule has always been that when a Dutch speaker and a French speaker meet, they're going to talk in French. It's something many Dutch speakers resent very much.

The vast majority of players on Belgian NT come from the Dutch speaking area, so it's not surprising that they communicate in Dutch. The French speakers on the team have probably got used to it after spending so much time in such linguistic environment.

• Loooking at the stats, Lowe tops all spikers with .4783 hitting efficiency, although her attempts are less than half of Sloetjes and Goncharova. With regards to the blockers, the two Irinas, Zaryazkho and Fetisova grab the top two spots, with Dietzen coming in at a close third.

• German is official only in a small area alongside the German border.
    And no, not everyone can speak both Dutch and French. One of the biggest compaints of the Flemish (the Dutch speaking community) is that the Walloons (French speakers) don't even bother trying to speak Dutch. Everyone probably understands their non-native language to some extent as they've learned it at school, but when it comes to communication, the unwritten rule has always been that when a Dutch speaker and a French speaker meet, they're going to talk in French. It's something many Dutch speakers resent very much.

The vast majority of players on Belgian NT come from the Dutch speaking area, so it's not surprising that they communicate in Dutch. The French speakers on the team have probably got used to it after spending so much time in such linguistic environment.

You are totally right :teach:

• German is official only in a small area alongside the German border.

Weird. Everyone I talked to in Liège and Namur answered me in Dutch. Obviously if they notice that you can speak decent french, they will keep speaking that language. I believe it depends on the person we meet. But one thing I can ensure regarding this is that in Brussels, French is much more welcomed as a big number of Northern africans are living there.

Rousseaux is an example of what you said, she has a typical french name but speaks dutch with her teammates. I actually haven't seen her use french.

• I think it's actually a good sign :win:

When Guidetti coached Germany, the team played terrible in WGP many times, but alw
    ays when they were terrible in WGP, they would show up in perfect shape for the REALLY important tournament afterwards :!:

I'm pretty confident that it will be the same with Dutch team this year.

Hopefully :win:

Sloetjes and Beliën have several options in attack, though for example De Kruijf and Buijs are really predictable...that is a big difference..

Beliën has outplayed Robin recently..in all elements...She has become the best Dutch MB :super: :super:

• With playing quality as diplayed today against Serbia "A", and I care not the outcome of this match, Belgium deserve to stay at Group 1 (esp. since KOR still nowhere to show up), they should not be relegated to Group 2. Bravo Belgium! GO the brave & spirited ladies... :super:

After what we have seen so far Germany clearly deserves to go down to group 2, you are right :( .

• After what we have seen so far Germany clearly deserves to go down to group 2, you are right :( .

This version of the German team definitely is a division 2 team. I watched the match yesterday against Turkey and I agree that they have some good servers, yesterday Silge, Lippmann and Lisa did well in serving. The problem is, they make far too many unforced errors. Yesterday they were lucky, because Turkey probably served the worst out of this tournament so far, nowhere close to how the serves were against Japan. Polen confirmed this in her interview as well after the match. Simply, German team had outstanding receiving in especially 2nd set and their middles contributed far too much that they never could. But their wing spikers are far too easy to stop, Lisa and Jana were blocked again and again or making errors. Turkey contributed far too many errors again too but they could balance their game better when it was needed.
    I honestly see no light in Germany's game right now, except a few players coming out to save the moment at times. If they met Belgium, they would lose against them too because German team looks like they don't have a system and don't know what individuals are doing on the court while Belgium is a perfectly organized team. Hope Germany will soon come back :win:

• Because only one team has to leave group 1, and Belgium managed to get a point today, the (near) final decision about that may happen tonight: when Germany doesn't manage to win at least two sets against the relelatively weak Japanese, they will vanish from group 1, save for a wonder happening.

• This version of the German team definitely is a division 2 team. I watched the match yesterday against Turkey and I agree that they have some good servers, yesterday Silge, Lippmann and Lisa did well in serving. The problem is, they make far too many unforced errors. Yesterday they were lucky, because Turkey probably served the worst out of this tournament so far, nowhere close to how the serves were against Japan. Polen confirmed this in her interview as well after the match. Simply, German team had outstanding receiving in especially 2nd set and their middles contributed far too much that they never could. But their wing spikers are far too easy to stop, Lisa and Jana were blocked again and again or making errors. Turkey contributed far too many errors again too but they could balance their game better when it was needed.
    I honestly see no light in Germany's game right now, except a few players coming out to save the moment at times. If they met Belgium, they would lose against them too because German team looks like they don't have a system and don't know what individuals are doing on the court while Belgium is a perfectly organized team. Hope Germany will soon come back :win:

The main advantage of Belgium is, that they are together with all the same key players for years now, just adding some younger ones step by step. So they act as a group, no doubt. German team was now abruptly completely rejuvanated and had no chance, to play together with some experienced attackers especially. So they were not sufficiently prepared for the huge task to play in a tournament of this overall international quality with very few experienced players in the team. The high error number was essential for losing yesterday and will also prevent a win against Japan, they can win a set or in the best case even two, when they manage to play good long enough - but this will barely suffice to keep in group 1, and regarding sports this is okay. But a tragedy for German volleyball (federation), some kind of one more catastrophe in a row for them (no team either qualified for Olympics, men also just in group 3 World League currently), and it can have rather serious consequences (especially financially). It is even possible, that the national teams will no longer participate afterwards in World Grand Prix (respective League) at all, like South Korea.

• we have just a confirmation that Yaneva and Filipova are retiring from NT, there was a little farewell :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• So, is there any early prediction of which team will make it to the final 6? Other than Thailand.

• Honestly, both Poland and Dominican Republic do not deserve to play in the first division :wall:
    Poland lead 2:0.

• China and Russia are quite certain, USA too if they beat Turkey tonight. I guess Brazil will also make it. The last remaining spot will be between NED, ITA, TUR, also JPN and SRB still have chances.

yes, it is predictable that China and Russia will qualify the finals...
    China needs one more point to qualify....which means even a 2-3 lost will guarantee.
    Russia needs 4 more points to qualify....which means two 3-2 or one 3-0/3-1 plus a 2-3 will directly fly to Bangkok...

Both Brazil and USA need two more wins to qualify...
    it is also easy for Brazil to pass any two of ITA/BEL/TUR and for US to pass any two of TUR/GER/BEL.

obviously turkey and italy have big risk to be beaten by RUS/USA/BRA in the last round....so it is not easy for them to collect points during the last race.
    therefore, Netherlands will be the team mostly to qualify the final.

we can predict the final polls also...
    Pool A: Thailand, Brazil, United States
    Pool B: China, Russia, Netherlands

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Look at this informations for Croatian NT.

They spend more than 60h in airplane and for waiting a fligh 40h. They crossed more than 50.000km in just 3 weeks.

Bravo for every player in the World that is playing World Grand Prix. :obey: :obey: :obey: