2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• An uneventful first set, I think both teams are just starting to warm up. Russia takes G1 25-23

• Serbia were leading by as much as 4 points and couldn't close the set. Russia takes G2 27-25

• Clearly Terzic`s goal is not to win this match. I think Serbia even was leading by 5 not 4....and then he decides to replace everyone...Well, now that Serbia is 100% out from the Final Round I hope Russia wins this match and finish undefeated the preliminary round.

Serbia were leading by as much as 4 points and couldn't close the set. Russia takes G2

• Maja is such a crafty setter. I think this is her "x-factor" among her contemporaries.

• Since 3rd set Goncharova's struggling a lot. I think Marichev should give her time to rest. She's playing all the time in club and national team. She is basically the first option in attack there, she's making plenty of attempts - it's just unbelievable.... I'm quite impressed that she's always (or mostly) in top shape and hasn't injuries like for instance Kosheleva.

• serbia has a tendency to start the game slowly. you just can't hope you can recover from 2 sets down against top teams every time.
    they managed against brazil and russia but fell short against china.

if they can play aggressively straight out of gate, they're really a dangerous team and certainly a gold contender in rio.

• the biggest opponent of serbia is serbia itself the should of won game against china 3-1 but when they start to do stupid stuff on the court u just stand there in amazement of how is it possible to be that bad all of a sudden they had i think 8 point lead against china in 4th set and suddenly it looked like they didnt know their own names in that period they went from +8 to minus 4 i think which just goes to show that second team of serbia is just bad in second team u dont have anyone who can kill the freaking ball brako is out of shape and her hiting power is 20% of what is used to be and busa is just bad at kills djerisilo is really bad as well i dont get why terzic choose her over bjelica or malagurski

• Italy won the first set against Brazil, because Egonu was unstoppable :super: I don't understand why Ze exchange Sheila and Dani for Tandara and Radke in the end of the set.Tandara got blocked in her first action. I do not see sense to bring her to Rio in that hopeless shape. Insted of her I would give a chance to Paraiba, Mari or Pequeno.

• What a shame that Belgium isn't playing against Germany, cause it would be the best verification which team deserve to stay in Division I.
    Belgium's opponents were weaker than Germany's.

• Fabiana can't kill ball today! :white:

• China is blocking everything !

• Brazil.s play is really scrappy - no consistency at all. Its like a different team plays after every 10 points. They're really feeling the olympic pressure... Also so many liabilities on court - I wish Ze could just start Tandara for a whole match at least give her some kind of rhythm - he wants her to come in and be a game changer when she is obviously off form :what:

Even Gabby should be given a chance rather than insisting on inconsistent Natalia all the time - she hasn't played well since 2010!

Hopefully they get their act together otherwise Rio will be embarrassing..

• Can anyone tell me how the Slavic battle was? Sucks to be traveling when there's some very interesting match is going on.

• Can anyone tell me how the Slavic battle was? Sucks to be traveling when there's some very interesting match is going on.

I feel the same way about that. I even took an earlier trip just to be able to watch this match. :lol:

Russia was up 2-0 but Serbia came back to win it in 3-2. Serbia played with AB team and had Boskovic & Maja come in for the double sub. But kept Maja later in the game. Boskovic was nearly unstoppable. She has improved a lot since she debuted in senior NT.