2016 FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix

• This Sheilla's dance from back row seems more interesting

• How abt their 2-person receiving system, I think this is one of the things that hurt them because Koshe and Goncha will be the go to girls all the time and for sure other time will picked up on thia and ruin their system, especially the best serving team like Brazil and China. Russia needs another good receiving + attacking wing spiker.

No existence unfortunately. Shcherban is the best one among all candidates. Pasynkova used to be that sort of a player back then (at least close to it...) but now we all know what shape she's in.

• Congrats to Brazil. Russia were just lost today completely. On thr flip side, thry couldn't play worse than this, I hope they pick up their game tomorrow against Thailand.

• No existence unfortunately. Shcherban is the best one among all candidates. Pasynkova used to be that sort of a player back then (at least close to it...) but now we all know what shape she's in.

Too bad because they can't rely on Goncha and Koshe forever especially now that Koshe is uncertain in terms of consistency. They need a good passing + attacking system, the ones that can help their MBs become more effective. Like I said before, Russia MBs is basically non-existent. When u have good middles like Brazil and USA, it won't be hard to penetrate their defence, especially playing fast tempos.

• Congrats to Brazil. Russia were just lost today completely. On thr flip side, thry couldn't play worse than this, I hope they pick up their game tomorrow against Thailand.

Hopefully this match has given them a practical lesson to get ready for the Olympic games. Nobody in the team played great, even Goncharova was getting afraid of hitting through the Brazilian blockers. Malykh terrible, Ilchenko pathetic, Samoylenko with immature mistakes, Shcherban and Malova invisible...

Now it's even clearer than it ever was. Babeshina must be cut as soon as possible. Her sets are nightmarish and if the team need a server, Startseva will be there.

• It is much safe to say that it will be another Brazil VS USA showdown on the finals.

• Now it's even clearer than it ever was. Babeshina must be cut as soon as possible. Her sets are nightmarish and if the team need a server, Startseva will be there.

I am wondering why is Startseva no longer starting? She used to be good back in 2012 and was the Best Setter during the finals round. I don't say she is good, but the other ones are so predictable.

• As I said before, it don't matter if you have Schcherban, Ilchenko, or whatever there. What matters in Russia is Goncharova and Kosheleva playing in high level. Against top teams, especially in important matches, this is what counts for Russia.

well, if they don't receive well like today, goncha's gonna get either a bad set or no ball at all.

• Shcherban is playing really well so far

• It's next to impossible to not like Fetisova :rose:

I have to agree. She seems not to serious, and makes fun of herself sometimes. Russia still seems to find it's confidence after the loss yesterday, hopefully the win today will help their confidence against USA tomorrow.

• Goncharova with 27pts in 3 Sets, 23 kills, 4 blocks :super:

• I have to agree. She seems not to serious, and makes fun of herself sometimes. Russia still seems to find it's confidence after the loss yesterday, hopefully the win today will help their confidence against USA tomorrow.

Yep. From time to time she gets furious at her teammates, but not in order to offense them. I think she gets frustrated quite easily since she wants to block everything :D She's a human, thus she can't block every ball. But yeah, she makes hilarious gestures when she's happy, like today :rolll:

I saw Marichev getting mad at Zaryazhko. He must have told her that thai blockers are more or less 20cm smaller than her, so she doesn't need to be afraid of anything. Pankova's sets to her are way too low though.

• Is Pankova better than Startseva?